Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are currently being accepted by Arizona State University. Prospective students who meet the admission requirements will be expected to complete the application process.
This blog post offers a comprehensive guide on how to prepare for admission. In addition, it is intended to highlight the benefits of studying at Arizona State University. Additionally, it will furnish readers with more information about the institution and essential details regarding the admission procedure.
About Arizona State University
Arizona State University (ASU) is a non-profit, public institution located in Tempe, Arizona. It was established in 1885 and has since expanded to include branch campuses in Mesa, Phoenix, Glendale, and Lake Havasu City. Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, ASU is a large coeducational institution with an enrollment range of over 45,000 students.
It offers various degree programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees across different areas of study. ASU has a selective admission policy based on entrance exams, academic records, and grades, with an admission rate range of 80-90%. The institution welcomes international applicants.
ASU provides academic and non-academic services such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. ASU is a top-ranked university.
For five consecutive years, ASU has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report as the #1 innovative university in the nation. This surpasses MIT and Stanford. Additionally, ASU was named the top university in Arizona in 2020.
ASU offers affordable education ASU provides a combination of competitive financial aid packages and affordable tuition, earning recognition as an asana “excellent buy” college by the 2020 Fiske Guide to Colleges. This distinction places ASU among the top 20 public universities in the U.S.
ASU prioritizes timely graduation ASU, ensuring students graduate on time is taken seriously. The university recognizes the impact of delayed graduation, both financially and emotionally, and strives to provide the necessary classes when students need them.
ASU focuses on student success ASU equips students for success through research opportunities, internships, and entrepreneurship programs. It ranks highly among other universities in the U.S. for preparing graduates for jobs, surpassing institutions such as MIT, Columbia, and UCLA.
ASU offers high-quality academic programs. ASU is recognized as one of the country’s top universities for academic excellence. With hundreds of degree options, including innovative dual degrees and double major programs, students have the ability to tailor their education to fit their interests and career goals.
ASU has diverse campus environments ASU offers a variety of campus environments to choose from, providing an ideal fit for students’ lifestyles. Arizona residents praise ASU for the multiple options available to them, allowing them to find a campus that suits their needs.
Why choose Arizona State University
Arizona State University (ASU) is a well-regarded university with a wide range of academic programs to suit different interests and career goals.
ASU offers over 800 undergraduate and graduate degree programs across a variety of fields, including business, engineering, social sciences, education, health, and more. Additionally, the university offers innovative programs like dual degrees, double majors, and accelerated programs that allow students to customize their learning experience.
ASU has also been recognized as a top university for innovation and research. It has numerous research centres and institutes dedicated to addressing global challenges and advancing knowledge in various fields.
If you are considering higher education, I would recommend exploring ASU’s academic offerings to find a degree program that aligns with your interests and career goals.
- Academic Excellence: ASU is ranked as one of the top public universities in the United States, and is recognized globally as a leader in innovative research and academic excellence. ASU’s faculty includes Nobel laureates, Pulitzer Prize winners, and MacArthur “genius” grant recipients, providing students with access to some of the brightest minds in the world.
- Wide Range of Degrees: ASU offers over 800 undergraduate and graduate degree programs across a wide range of disciplines, including business, engineering, law, journalism, education, and the arts. With such a diverse array of degree options, students can find the program that perfectly suits their interests and career goals.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: ASU is known for its innovative approach to education, and is at the forefront of using technology to enhance the learning experience. The university has developed cutting-edge tools and platforms, such as adaptive learning software, that personalize learning to meet individual student’s needs.
- Student Support Services: ASU is committed to supporting its students and helping them succeed. The university provides a wide range of support services, including academic advising, tutoring, career counselling, and mental health services. ASU also offers a range of extracurricular activities, clubs, and organizations to help students get involved and make connections on campus.
- Accessible Education: ASU is committed to making higher education accessible to all students, regardless of their background or financial situation. The university offers a range of scholarships, grants, and financial aid packages to help students pay for their education. Additionally, ASU has a robust online program that provides students with the flexibility to earn their degree on their own schedule.
- Sustainability: ASU is a leader in sustainability and environmental stewardship. The university has implemented a range of initiatives to reduce its environmental impact and promote sustainable practices. These initiatives include reducing water usage, increasing energy efficiency, and promoting alternative transportation options.
- Entrepreneurship: ASU has a strong focus on entrepreneurship and innovation, with a range of programs and resources to support student startups and aspiring entrepreneurs. The university has been ranked as the most innovative school in the country for several years in a row by U.S. News & World Report. It has a thriving startup ecosystem that includes incubators, accelerators, and entrepreneurship centres.
Overall, ASU offers students a unique combination of academic excellence, cutting-edge technology, student support services, accessibility, sustainability, and entrepreneurship that makes it an excellent choice for students looking to pursue their educational and career goals.
Arizona State University Identity
- Name of the university: Arizona State University
- Acronym: ASU Tempe
- Year of creation: 1885
- Colours: Maroon and gold
Arizona State University Campus Location
AddressUniversity Drive and Mill Avenue
United StatesTel+1 (480) 965 2100Fax+1 (480) 965 3610Other locationsMesa, Phoenix, Glendale, Lake Havasu City
Arizona State University Study Levels and Areas
Matrix of Degree Levels and Study Areas according to UniRank:
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Culture
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Arizona State University Tuition Fee Details
- The Tuition Range Matrix™ provided by UniRank displays annual tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The fees are categorized based on whether the student is a local or international student.
- For local students, the yearly tuition fee ranges from 10,000 to 12,500 US dollars (7,400 to 9,200 euros) for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- However, for international students, the yearly tuition fee is over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 euros) for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Arizona State University Admission Guidelines
University Admissions Information:
- Co-education welcomes both men and women.
- International students are encouraged to apply.
- Selection is based on a combination of entrance examinations and past academic records/grades.
- Secondary school GPA and rank are recommended, and a college-preparatory program completion record is preferred.
- Recommendations and a formal demonstration of competencies are not required.
- Admission test scores are suggested, as well as the TOEFL for non-native English speakers.
- Other tests, such as Wonderlic and WISC-III, are also recommended.
- Admission rates range from 80-90%.
- The admission office can be reached at Box 870112, Tempe, or by phone at (480) 965 2688.
Arizona State University Enrollment Profile
- Size and Profile: The student enrollment at the institution is above 45,000, and there are between 2,500-2,999 academic staff members.
- The control type is state-owned, and the entity type is non-profit.
- The academic calendar follows semesters, and the campus is urban.
- There is no religious affiliation with the institution.
Arizona State University’s Carnegie Classification
- Carnegie Classification categorizes this institution as a Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.
- In the previous 2000 classification, it was classified as an Extensive Doctoral/Research University.
- This is a relatively large four-year institution with many undergraduate students.
- The undergraduate program is full-time, four-year, and more selective, with a higher percentage of transfer students.
- The instructional program is well-balanced between the arts and sciences and professions, with a high level of coexistence between graduate and undergraduate students in the arts and sciences program.
- The graduate program offers professions as well as arts and sciences, but no coexistence with undergraduate programs.
Arizona State University Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services:
- Arizona State University-Tempe offers a variety of facilities and services to support student’s academic and personal needs. These facilities and services include:
- Library: Arizona State University-Tempe’s library collection includes physical and digital/ e-Item items. In 2018, the library reported 2,636,302 physical volumes, 1,035,082 physical media, 366,696 digital/electronic mediums, and 851 licensed digital/electronic databases. The university’s library has 8 branches, and students can access them by referring to Arizona State University’s Library.
- Housing: The university provides on-campus housing for its students. The moratorium capacity, on or off campus, was about 15,779 students in the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: Arizona State University-Tempe offers various sports facilities for its students.
- Financial Aid: The university provides financial aid to eligible students to cover education costs.
- Study Abroad: Arizona State University-Tempe offers study abroad programs to its students, allowing them to study and gain international experience.
- Distance Learning: The university offers distance learning programs for students who prefer online courses.
- Academic Counseling: The university provides academic counselling services to help students succeed academically.
- Career Services: Arizona State University-Tempe offers career services to help students with career planning, job search, and other related services.
- No information was given about the hospital’s institutional status.
Read More: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey offers admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session.
Arizona State University Accreditation Details
Institutional Accreditation: The Higher Learning Commission
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Council on Accreditation, American Association for Leisure and Recreation (AALR).
Arizona State University Affiliations and Membership Details
Arizona Board of Regents
- APLU (Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities)
- OEC (Open Education Consortium).
- NAA (National Athletic Association).
- NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association).
Arizona State University Academic Structure
- College of Design
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Herberger College of the Arts
- Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering
- Mary Lou Fulton College of Education
- Sandra Day O’College of Law
- College of Technology and Innovation
- School of Earth and Space Exploration
- School of Sustainability
- W. P. Carey School of Business
Arizona State University Social Media Platforms
Facebook: Arizona State University’s Facebook page for social networking can be rewritten as “The social networking hub of Arizona State University, available on Facebook.”
Twitter: Arizona State University’s Twitter webpage for micro-blogging and news updates can be rewritten as “Stay updated with the latest news and micro-blogging from Arizona State University, through its official Twitter page.”
LinkedIn: Arizona State University’s LinkedIn profile for business and academic networking can be rewritten as “Connect with Arizona State University’s business and academic community through its official LinkedIn profile.”
YouTube: Arizona State University’s YouTube or Vimeo videos channel can be rewritten as “Watch the latest videos from Arizona State University on its official YouTube channel.”
TikTok: Since TikTok is not used by Arizona State University, it cannot be rewritten.
Instagram: Arizona State University’s Instagram or Flickr account for photos can be rewritten as “Discover the visual world of Arizona State University through its official Instagram or Flickr account for photos.”
To get more information about admission, kindly visit the Arizona State University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
Carnegie Mellon University offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Ph.D. Fellowships 2023
Penn State University offers admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session.