Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year at Australian National University are now accepted. Our institution is committed to providing an outstanding academic experience that will help you reach your educational and career aspirations.
We warmly invite you to embark on this exciting journey with us.
To increase your chances of a successful application, we recommend reviewing our admission requirements. In addition, we encourage you to explore our broad range of programs designed to cater to a variety of interests. As a prospective student, we have curated a personalized blog that offers valuable insights to help you make an informed decision.
About the Australian National University
Australian National University (ANU) is a well-established public higher education institution located in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory. Founded in 1946, ANU is a coeducational institution with a large student population (enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students) that offers a wide range of degree programs at various levels, including pre- bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees.
ANU is recognized by the Department of Education and Training of Australia and has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations, academic records, and grades. The university also welcomes international applicants. ANU offers a range of academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
Why should I consider Australian National University?
Apart from its academic reputation and strong research culture, there are several other reasons why students might choose ANU. Here are some of them.
- Location: ANU is located in Canberra, Australia’s capital city. Canberra is a modern, cosmopolitan city known for its clean air, green spaces, and high living standards. The city is home to many national institutions, including the Australian Parliament, national museums, and cultural centres. ANU is also located close to the city centre. This means students have easy access to all Canberra amenities and services.
- Global outlook: ANU has a strong global outlook and attracts students and staff from around the world. This diversity creates a vibrant, dynamic learning environment that exposes students to different perspectives and ideas. ANU also has partnerships and collaborations with many international institutions. This provides opportunities for students to study abroad, engage in research projects, and participate in international programs.
- Facilities: ANU has world-class facilities and resources that support student learning and research. The university has modern lecture theatres, state-of-the-art laboratories, a vast library collection, and many other facilities that enhance the student experience.
- Student support: ANU provides comprehensive support services to students, including academic advice, career guidance, counselling, and accommodation assistance. The university also has a strong student association that provides opportunities for socializing, networking, and community engagement.
- Scholarships: ANU offers a wide range of scholarships and financial support to students, including merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and research scholarships. These scholarships can help students offset tuition fees and living expenses, and focus on their academic and career goals.
Overall, ANU is a prestigious and reputable university that offers high-quality education, a diverse student community, and excellent facilities and support services. It is an excellent choice for students looking for an enriching and rewarding academic experience in Australia.
Australian National University identity
- Name of the university: Australian National University
- Acronym: ANU
- Year of creation: 1946
- Motto: Naturam Primum Cognoscere Rerum
First to learn the nature of things
Australian National University campus location
Address: Ellery Crescent, Acton
0200 Australian Capital Territory
AustraliaTel+61 (0)2 6125 5111Fax+61 (0)2 6125 5931
Australian National University Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Australian National University Admission Information
University Admissions Information
- The university welcomes both men and women (CoEd) to apply for admission, including international students.
- The selection process is based on entrance examinations, as well as applicants’ academic records and grades.
- The admission rate is not reported. If you have inquiries, please contact the Admission Office at the Pauline Griffin Building #11, Canberra 0200, or by phone at (0)2 6125 5594 or 1800 620 032.
Australian National University Enrollment Profile
UniRank has published significant size and profile statistics for Australian National University, including:
- Student Enrollment: Between 20,000 and 24,999
- Academic Staff: Between 1,500 and 1,999
- Control Type: Public
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Semesters
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Religious affiliation: None
ANU Facilities and Services
UniRank has presented an overview of the amenities and services available at the Australian National University, as follows:
- Library: Available. Visit the Australian National University’s library.
- Housing: Available.
- Sports Facilities: Available.
- Financial Aid: Available.
- Study Abroad: Available.
- Distance Learning: Not reported.
- Academic Counseling: Not reported.
- Career Services: Not reported.
- Institutional hospital: Not reported.
Australian National University accreditation details
The Department of Education and Training of Australia has granted legal recognition and accreditation to the Australian National University.
The university received accreditation in 1946.
Additionally, the university has received specialized or programmatic accreditations from several professional bodies, including
- CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Australian Computer Society (ACS), and Engineers Australia.
Australian National University’s academic structure
- College of Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Asia and the Pacific
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Law
- College of Science
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Read More: University of Glasgow Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Australian National University Affiliate and Membership Details
UniRank lists Australian National University’s significant memberships and affiliations. However, the list may not be exhaustive or current. For a complete list, please refer to or contact the Australian National University’s website.
Some of Australian National University’s noteworthy memberships and affiliations are:
- Group of Eight (GO8)
- Universities in Australia
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU).
- International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU).
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL).
Australian National University Social Media Platform
UniRank offers concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics of various social media platforms associated with the Australian National University. These assessments serve as a basis for comparison and an extra resource for prospective candidates. The evaluated platforms include ANU’s official Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube accounts, as well as their official Instagram page and main LinkedIn profile. However, ANU’s TikTok presence has not been reviewed.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the Australian National University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
University of Illinois at Chicago Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Tokyo Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The Universität Wien (University of Vienna) Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session