Chinese Government Scholarship are open to students who are interested in studying in China and seeking full funding to pursue their careers. To get started on how to apply for the scholarship, open your mind to read the step-by-step guide on how to get started with the application process. The process to get this scholarship is as simple as ABCD.
About the Chinese Government Scholarship
In order to promote China’s exchange and extend its mutual relationship with other countries in various fields, the Chinese Government Scholarship was established. This was to foster relations between the Chinese people and their neighbors. The Chinese Government Scholarship was created by the Chinese government to cultivate talented students and scholars.
It was also created to strengthen their lofty aspirations while studying or conducting research at Chinese universities. To achieve its goal, the Chinese Government Scholarship needed to be affiliated with the China Scholarship Council. China’s Ministry of Education administers the China Scholarship Council, which is responsible for admitting, enrolling, and administering applicants for Chinese Government Scholarships.
The Chinese Scholarship offer fully funded scholarships for Master’s and Ph.D. degrees. D, undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, junior and senior scholars of all nationalities. This scholarship is available at more than 280 Chinese universities. The 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship covers a monthly allowance, accommodation, and health insurance of 3500 Yuan.
The Chinese Government Scholarship is available in various fields of study, including science, engineering, medicine, economics, law, management, education, history, literature, philosophy, fine arts e.t.c
The Chinese Scholarship requires applicants to submit an online application at the China Scholarship Council Portal(login). After submitting an online application, the applicant must select a Chinese university and upload the relevant documents to the university selected in addition to the CSC scholarship application form.
Eligibility Criteria for Chinese Government Scholarship
For you to be eligible for the Chinese Scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria outlined here: –
- Applicant must have a clean medical record. In other words, the applicant must. Be physically and mentally strong. In addition, the applicant must be a citizen of a country.
- Age Requirement: Applicant must be academically sound with a high school diploma or its equivalent and must be 25 years old.
- Applicants who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree must be 35 at the time of application and must have a positive academic record.
- Ph. Ph. D applicants must be at least 40 years old at the time of application and have a stellar academic record.
- Applicants with a high school diploma must be 45 years old at the time of application
- Applicants who are pursuing a senior scholar program as an associate professor must be 50 years at the time of application.
3. Examination Requirement: –
If you are applying for a Chinese-taught undergraduate or general scholar program, you must have a level 3 HSK. The HSK consists of a writing test and a speaking test. HSK means Hanyu(Chinese) Shuiping (Level) and K(test). There are 6 levels of HSK in Chinese exams. Similarly, applicants who are applying for a Chinese-taught Senior Scholar Program must also pass level HSK 3. Candidates applying to Chinese-taught postgraduate programs must also have passed level HSK.
4. Once you have met the requirements of the selected university for your choice of language, ensure that your academic ability and proficiency are in line with the program you are applying for other than Chinese.
5. Qualification Requirement
- Undergraduate students must have a higher secondary school certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree for the master’s student
- A master’s degree is required for a doctoral degree.
Benefits of Chinese Government Scholarship
- Successful applicants will be entitled to the following benefits: –
- Tuition stipends
- Free accommodation at the university
- Health Insurance
- Monthly allowance for your personal needs. An undergraduate monthly allowance is CNY 3,500 per month, master’s students/ general scholars CNY 3,000, and Doctoral students/ Senior Scholars CNY 3,500
How to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship
If you want to have a successful application, ensure you follow the step-by-step guide outlined here: –
- To apply for this application, applicants are required to submit their application between January and April annually and also find out the deadline for their own choice of university
- Any application submitted to CSC must be completed in either English or Chinese. Applicants are entitled to apply to any three universities of their choice with the CSC portal account.
- When you are filling out the online application, you will be required to select the type of scholarship based on the level of funding
- Once you have successfully submitted your application for the Chinese government scholarship, you must attach all your documents in PDF format.
- After submission of the online application, you can download the application.
- Choose any university and course.
- You can submit an application on the Chinese university’s website if the university requires you to submit the Chinese Government Scholarship application form or not. If the university requires an online application, you can complete the application there. Attach the Chinese Government Scholarship application form.
- If the university you selected requires you to submit an online application, then you can submit the application on the university website. Attach the Chinese Government Scholarship application form.
- Submit two sets of documents (lists will be given below) and send them to the university address.
- The results will be announced publicly on the same page as the application by the middle of July.
Documents required for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Submission of Highest Degree and Academic Transcript
- Submission of an official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be signed by the doctor along with the medical information.
- Submission of a CV written in English or Chinese.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation which must be in English or in Chinese from your previous university.
- You can take the TOEFL or IELTS if you study English or if you are not fluent in English.
- Study plan/Research Proposal
- A copy of your passport
- Acceptance letter issued by a Professor of a Chinese University.
- Publications or research work submissions.
For more information about the Chinese Government Scholarship, interested applicants should visit the Chinese Government Scholarship official website.