Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now open at Colorado State University, renowned for its exceptional and innovative educational opportunities.
We welcome you to become part of our esteemed institution and embark on a journey towards your academic and career goals.
To ensure you have all the information you need, we urge you to carefully review our admission criteria and explore our programs. Our dedicated blog, tailored for prospective students, is an invaluable resource to understand these aspects. It equips you with the insights to make an informed decision.
About Colorado State University
Colorado State University, established in 1870, is a public non-profit university located in Fort Collins, Colorado. Fort Collins is a small city with a population ranging from 50,000 to 249,999 people. Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, it is a coeducational institution with a large student enrollment of 35,000-39,999.
CSU offers a variety of degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate levels across various fields of study. The admission process is selective and based on previous academic records and grades, as well as entrance examinations. The institution has an admission rate range of 80-90%, making it a less selective institution.
International students are encouraged to apply. Apart from academic programs, CSU provides a range of facilities and services. These include a library, housing, sports facilities, scholarships, study abroad and online learning opportunities, as well as administrative support.
Why should I consider Colorado State University?
At Colorado State University, community principles, which include inclusion, integrity, respect, service, and social justice, are deeply ingrained in the university’s culture. As a student, you will be part of a supportive campus community that prioritizes your academic, social, and cultural growth. This is while studying in the United States.
Founded in 1870, CSU has an impressive pedigree and boasts a sprawling campus spanning over two million square meters. With a diverse student body of 27,956, including 2,500+ international students from over 112 countries, CSU provides a welcoming environment for all.
One of CSU’s key features is its world-class faculty. With a student-to-faculty ratio of just 17:1, you will work closely with highly qualified faculty who are leaders in their respective fields. These experts not only have numerous awards and grants for their research but are also committed to mentoring students to become leaders themselves. CSU offers nationally- and internationally-recognized programs designed to connect you with employers and prepare you for career success.
As a CSU student, you will have access to a range of opportunities that will enrich your educational experience. In addition to traditional lectures, you will also be able to participate in projects and research that will bring your studies to life. Furthermore, CSU’s supportive community, which includes professors, mentors, tutors, community coordinators, ambassadors, advisors, and peers, is always available to answer questions and provide guidance.
Colorado State University invests heavily in campus facilities and research. In 2021, university research expenditures totalled $44.7 million. This has enabled CSU to offer state-of-the-art facilities that enhance your learning experience. From theatres to labs to cutting-edge buildings, you will have access to everything you need to succeed at CSU.
Colorado State University’s identity
- Name of university: Colorado State University
- Acronym: CSU
- Year of creation: 1870
- Colours: green and gold
Colorado State University Campus Location
Address102 Administration Building
United StatesTel+1 (970) 491 6444Fax+1 (970) 491 7799
CSU Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Colorado State University tuition details
Academic LevelDomestic StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate10,000-12,500 US$ (7,400-9,200 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)Postgraduate10,000-12,500 US$ (7,400-9,200 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)
Note: The tuition fees for local and international students are the same for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Colorado State University Admission Information
University admissions are open to both men and women (CoEd) from any country as international students.
The selection process is based on entrance examinations and students past academic records and grades.
Admission requirements include a secondary school GPA, secondary school record, admission test scores, and TOEFL scores for non-native English speakers.
While completion of a college-preparatory program is recommended, a formal demonstration of competencies is neither required nor recommended. Recommendations from teachers or other professionals are required, and a secondary school rank is also recommended.
Other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither required nor recommended. This university’s admission rate is 80-90%. The Office of Admissions can be reached at (970) 491 6909 and is located at 1062 Campus Delivery in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Colorado State University Enrollment Profile
Colorado State University has been profiled by UniRank based on key indicators related to its size and characteristics, including:
- Student Enrollment: The university has an estimated student enrollment of between 35,000 and 39,999 individuals.
- Academic Staff: Colorado State University’s academic staff consists of approximately 2,000 to 2,499 members.
- Control Type: Colorado State University is a public state institution.
- Entity Type: The university is classified as a non-profit organization.
- Academic Calendar: Colorado State University operates on a semester-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting: The university is located in an urban setting.
- Land Grant Institution: Colorado State University is designated as a land grant institution.
- Religious Affiliation: Colorado State University has no religious affiliation.
Colorado State University Carnegie Classification
- UniRank has officially classified CSU as a “Doctoral University: Very High Research Activity” according to the Carnegie classification.
- In the 2000 classification, it was categorized as a “Doctoral/Research University-Extensive.” This four-year institution is primarily residential and large in size.
- Undergraduate enrollment is high, and the undergraduate profile is selective with a higher transfer rate.
- The university’s instructional programs offer a balanced mix of arts and sciences/professions, with a large coexistence of graduate students in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Colorado State University Facilities and Services
- Colorado State University offers a range of facilities and services to its students.
- The university’s library provides access to both physical and digital/electronic items.
- It has a collection of 1,179,894 physical volumes, 30,745 physical media, 307 digital/electronic mediums, and 345 licensed digital/electronic databases.
- On-campus housing is available for students, with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 8,697 students in the 2018 academic year.
- Sports facilities are also provided, as well as financial aid, study abroad opportunities, and distance learning options.
- Academic counselling and career services are available to students, although institutional hospitals have not been reported.
Also, Apply for Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Colorado State University accreditation details
Colorado State University has received institutional recognition or accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission since 1925. In addition to this, the university has obtained programmatic or specialized accreditations from a range of organizations, including the Association to
- Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission (ANSAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET. Other accreditations include those from the
- Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC)
- American Chemical Society (ACS), Association for Fire Ecology (AFE)
- Society for Range Management (SRM), Society of American Foresters (SAF), Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC), American Psychological Association (APA), American Veterinary Medical Association Council (AVMA), American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnostics (AAVLD), American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), Council for Interior Design (CIDA), National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), American Council for Construction Education (ACCE), Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE), Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE), and the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE).
Colorado State University Affiliations and Membership Details
The following roster of Colorado State University’s affiliations and memberships is published by UniRank, but it may not be exhaustive or current. To obtain a comprehensive list, please visit or contact Colorado State University’s website.
- Colorado State University System
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Colorado State University’s academic structure
- College of Agriculture and Sciences
- College of Business
- Walter Scott Jr. College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Warner College of Natural Resources
Colorado State University Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Check out Colorado State University’s official Facebook page and leave a review.
- Twitter: Check out Colorado State University’s official Twitter page and write a review.
- YouTube: Visit Colorado State University’s official YouTube channel and leave a review.
- Instagram: Check out Colorado State University’s official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: View Colorado State University’s primary LinkedIn profile.
- TikTok: Check out Colorado State University’s official TikTok channel.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the Colorado State University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The London School of Economics and Political Science Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
George Mason University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Vanderbilt University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session