Columbia University is glad to introduce you to an enriching opportunity to build a successful career in the field of biomedical science.
You are invited to participate in the Columbia University Summer Undergraduate Research Program at Sloan Kettering during the academic year 2023-2024.
It is very rare to find this kind of opportunity anywhere in the world. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunity and how to get started, this is the most comprehensive article to walk you through the steps you need to follow. Keep reading until the end.
The Summer Research Undergraduate Program is open to all local and international undergraduate students. Sophomores and juniors are invited to apply for this scholarship program at the University.
About Columbia University
Columbia University is also known as Columbia. However, it is officially known as Columbia University in the City of New York. It is regarded as a private Ivy League research university in New York City. It was established in 1754 as King’s College based on Trinity Church in Manhattan.
Columbia University is the oldest institution of higher education in the city of New York and the fifth-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. The university is a member of the Ivy League. Columbia University is ranked among the most prestigious universities in the world.
Columbia is organized into twenty schools including four undergraduate schools and 16 graduate schools. Columbia scientists and scholars have played a pivotal role in scientific breakthroughs including nuclear magnetic resonance. Columbia was the first North American site where the uranium atom was split.
In 2015, the University was ranked first in the state for average professor salaries. The University is ranked 18th in the United States and 7th globally for 2022-2023 by U. S. News & World Report.
Columbia University: Why should you study there?
Columbia University seeks to attract and engage the most brilliant minds in pursuit of enhanced human understanding, pioneering scientific discoveries, and services to the study. Numerous brilliant inventions were made in this city, which is the centre of the invention.
Under the Columbia invention hub during the Second World War, the Manhattan Project was a major undertaking. The University has a history of high achievers including 4 presidents, 46 Olympians, 84 Nobel Prize winners, over 90 Pulitzer Prize winners, and many celebrity awards.
Columbia University Scholarship Details
- Name of institution: Columbia University
- Department: NA
- Program: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Award: Stipend and Housing
- Number of awards: Unknown
- Mode of application: Online
- Nationality: International
- Country: USA
Columbia University Scholarship Criteria
- All international students are eligible to apply for the award.
- All courses or subjects in the undergraduate program are offered by the University.
- Applicants must not be U. S. citizens or permanent residents, or U. S. citizens.
- Applicant must be applying for the summer program.
- Applicants must have completed advanced science courses and research experience.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and must have completed college-level general biology and introductory chemistry.
Columbia Scholarship Application Process
- Applications for admission to Columbia University must be made through the online portal. Applications for the summer program must be made here.
- Applicants must submit their official transcripts, admission essays, and two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants must meet all requirements on the “how to apply” page.
- Applicant must submit their English language Test Scores as well as their English Language Requirements: TOEFL-105, IELTS-7.5 and Duolingo-135.
Benefits of applying for the Columbia Scholarship
Successful applicants for this scholarship will be awarded by the University a stipend worth $6,000 as well as housing and accommodations.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit Columbia University’s official website to get the latest update.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: