DAAD Scholarship is open to students who are interested in studying in Germany and are looking for a fully funded scholarship in Germany. If you want to know how to get started with the application process, I strongly recommend you read the detailed step-by-step guide, which I will outline below.
About the DAAD Scholarship
The DAAD Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. We are currently accepting applications for batch 2023-2024 for students who wish to study in Germany. The DAAD Scholarship is an abbreviation for Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst. DAAD Scholarships are available for those who wish to enroll in a Ph.D. program or a master’s program.
The DAAD Scholarship offers a monthly allowance of £861 for graduates while those pursuing a doctoral program are offered £1200. They have renowned professors and well-qualified trained experts who are structured to take part in the sustainable development of their countries. Around the world, the DAAD Scholarship is the largest source of funding for supporting underdeveloped countries, reducing poverty, and providing educational and medical services for all.
The DAAD Scholarship offers orientation to students who are enrolled in post-graduate programs thereby importing trained staff from developed and newly industrialized countries. The DAAD Scholarship was established to build future leaders and promote mutual understanding between countries.
In 1925, the DAAD Scholarship was founded. It died in 1945 and was reformed in 1950, offering scholarships to two million scholars both within Germany and abroad. The DAAD Scholarship is known for study and research visits to universities and non-universities in Germany. DAAD Scholarships also provide internship opportunities.
Apart from scholarship programs, it also offers additional benefits such as funds for language courses, a family allowance, personal liability insurance, and research funds. The scholarship database refers to the DAAD Scholarship Application form. Scholarships in the database provide inexhaustible funding for both Germans and foreigners. The DAAD Scholarship is a Germany Academic Exchange Service.
The German Academic Exchange Service is an independent governmental organization of higher education institutions in Germany that promotes international academic relations and cooperation. This is accomplished by offering programs for students and academics. The DAAD Scholarship is funded by the German government and the European Union. Globally, DAAD has 50 information centers and 450 DAAD lecturers.
The DAAD Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships offered by European countries for the most deserving international students. Each year students are awarded scholarships based on merit by the DAAD Scholarship program to study as postgraduates, masters, and PhDs at German universities. The DAAD Scholarship is headquartered in Bonn. It has 15 international regional branch offices.
These branches have the purpose of providing research and study opportunities as well as grants to students in their country. The DAAD Scholarship offers courses in economics, law, and other subjects. The DAAD Scholarship program is between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the program chosen by the applicant.
DAAD Scholarship Stipends, Summary, and Benefits
If you successfully apply for a DAAD Scholarship you will be eligible to study at some of the top-ranked universities in Germany. In addition, you will be entitled to health benefits. You will be entitled to a personal allowance, a transportation allowance, and other benefits. The following are the benefits you will get once your application has successfully been approved.
- Depending on the program you are enrolled in. For postgraduate students you will be entitled to a monthly allowance of £750, Doctoral students earn 1200.
- Travel stipends,
- Health stipends, accident caregiver insurance, and personal liability insurance.
- One-stuff study allowance.
- Other extra benefits include paying rent, contributing to the payment of tuition charged by the university
- Free education at German universities.
Application Requirements for DAAD Scholarship
Depending on the study program, the requirements for applying for German or English courses differ.
- To have your application approved, you must have 2 years of professional experience.
- You should have a bachelor’s degree that is at least 6 years old.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2023
- Language: English or German. If you are applying for an international program, you must submit an English language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, you are required to submit a German language certificate such as DSH or TestDaF
- Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a particular course
- Applicants must show how devoted and dedicated they are to carry out a project and how they can use new knowledge in their field after intensive training/scholarship
Five Easy ways to apply for DAAD Scholarship
The following are simple steps that will guide you on how to have a successful application.
- Firstly, you should visit their funding-guide.de. The funding-guide. You’ll find it at the top of your screen. Under it
- you will see a column on the left of the page showing “Refine your selection”. Make sure you have different search criteria in addition to where you type your keywords.
- Select the type of program you are studying. In other words, what is your current level of qualification? Are you a student, graduate, or doctoral candidate? Please select the category that applies to you from D, PostDoc, and Faculty. In most cases, for example, if you are a bachelor’s student, you can apply for a graduate scholarship before you begin the study program.
- Select your country of origin. Ensure that you select your home country either by selecting where you reside or where your university is located. In other words, it does not necessarily mean your nationality. Choose the place where you currently live if possible. For example, a Canadian student studying in Australia should choose Australia as their country of origin.
- The purpose of funding: – The DAAD Scholarship application form requires that you indicate the purpose of funding, which may include graduate studies, internships, language courses, and many others. Make sure you consider the funding option that seems suitable for your program.
Find out about your Scholarship Options: – Once you find a suitable scholarship that is in line with your area of interest, you can proceed to submit an application. Deadlines vary depending on the type of scholarship you apply for. Similarly, each scholarship has different requirements.
The Most Effective Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship
- Apply for courses that most closely suit your interests. The maximum number of courses to apply for is three
- Apply to universities offering your course
- Please forward your application directly to the university with the DAAD document required for your application.
- DAAD committee will propose the appropriate candidates suitable for the Scholarship
- The candidates suggested by the committee will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete documents to the DAAD Portal.
- Once the selection is successfully finalized, the suggested candidates will be duly informed.
Required Document for DAAD Scholarship
- A DAAD application form must have a current date on it.
- Your personalized CV. Applicants are required to use the Europass form (to create their CV) current date
- A letter of motivation must be personally signed. Your letter of motivation must include your current occupation, and choice of postgraduate programs, and must include a maximum of two pages with the current date. It is pertinent to note that when applying for more than one postgraduate course, you must submit a letter of motivation stating why you are choosing this course. This is because that particular course is your priority.
- A letter of recommendation should include the following: letterhead, the signature of your current employer, and a stamp with the date, and should not be sealed in an envelope.
- Certificate of Employment from your employer showing your two years of working experience (after a bachelor’s degree) at the time of application. In some cases, you may submit your re-employment letter from your current place of work
- Language skills. Documents such as IELTS or TOEFL must be in the English language while courses taught in German must be in the German Language
- A copy of your academic degree.
- A copy of your academic transcript
- Candidates from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate attached to their application document.
You can forward your application to the German Universities as it is currently underway, and you can also apply for the DAAD Scholarship at these universities promptly.
To get additional information about DAAD Scholarship, interested applicants are required to visit DAAD official scholarship to get the latest updates