Emory University is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. Our institution offers an outstanding academic experience that will help you reach your educational and career objectives.
We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
To ensure your admission, we recommend carefully reviewing our admission requirements. Additionally, we encourage you to explore our wide range of programs that cater to diverse interests. As a prospective student, we have created a personalized blog that provides valuable information to help you make an informed decision.
About Emory University
Emory University, established in 1836, is a private non-profit higher-education institution situated in the suburban area of Atlanta, Georgia. It has a population of 250,000 to 499,999. It is officially accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and affiliated with the Christian-Methodist religion.
Emory University is a large coeducational institution, with a student enrollment of 15,000 to 19,999. It offers a broad range of degree programs including pre-bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees in various fields of study. The university has a selective admission policy based on students past academic records, grades, and entrance examinations, with an admission rate range of 10-20%.
International students are welcome to apply for admission. Emory University offers academic and non-academic facilities and services to its students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why should I consider Emory University?
Emory University is a highly reputable and distinguished university that offers a wide range of academic programs and opportunities for its students. Here are some reasons to consider studying at Emory:
- Excellent academic reputation: Emory is consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the United States and recognized for its academic excellence and research capabilities. It is also home to a diverse and talented student body and faculty.
- World-class faculty: Emory’s faculty members are renowned experts in their respective fields, and many have received prestigious awards and recognition for their research and teaching.
- Access to top-notch resources: Emory has state-of-the-art research facilities, libraries, and other resources that can help you excel in your academic pursuits.
- Vibrant campus life: Emory has a vibrant campus life with a variety of clubs, organizations, and activities that cater to different interests and passions. The university is also located in Atlanta, an exciting city with a rich cultural scene and numerous opportunities for internships, employment, and networking.
- Commitment to social responsibility: Emory has a strong commitment to social responsibility and encourages its students to be engaged in their communities and make a positive impact on the world.
Overall, Emory University offers a rigorous academic environment, world-class faculty, and a vibrant campus community that can help you achieve your academic and personal success.
Emory University’s identity
- Name of the university: Emory University
- Year of creation: 1836
- Motto Cor prudentis possidebit scientia, The wise heart will possess knowledge
- Colours:: Blue and gold
Emory University campus location
Address:201 Dowman Drive
United StatesTel+1 (404) 727 6123Fax+1
Emory University Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Emory University Tuition Details
Academic Level Local Students International Students Undergraduate Over 20,000 USD (14,700 Euro) Over 20,000 USD (14,700 Euro) Postgraduate Over 20,000 USD (14,700 Euro) Over 20,000 USD (14,700 Euro)
- University Admissions: The university welcomes both men and women, making it a co-ed institution.
- International applicants are encouraged to apply for admission.
- Selection for admission is based on entrance examinations and students’ academic records, including past grades and secondary school records.
- Applicants are recommended to have an average high school GPA, and college-preparatory programs are also encouraged. Secondary school rank is considered but not required.
- The admission process also requires recommendations from relevant parties. However, a formal demonstration of competence is neither necessary nor recommended.
- Admission test scores, including the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), are recommended, while other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- The admission rate for the university falls within the range of 10-20%. The admission office is located at 200 Boisfeuillet Jones Center, Atlanta 30322, and can be contacted via phone at (404) 727 6036 or toll-free at (800) 727 6036.
Emory University’s Enrollment Profile
UniRank has provided key indicators for Emory University’s size and profile, including:
- Student Enrollment: 15,000-19,999
- Academic Staff: 3,500-3,999
- Control Type: Private
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Semesters
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Religious Affiliation: Christian-Methodist (affiliated with the United Methodist Church – www.gbhem.org)
Emory University’s Carnegie Classification
- UniRank classifies Emory University under the “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity” category in the Basic Carnegie Classification.
- In the 2000 classification, it fell under the “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive” category. Emory is a large, four-year institution with a large campus.
- Its students are mostly undergraduates, and it is a more selective institution with an increased transfer-in rate.
- Emory’s undergraduate instructional program includes both the arts and sciences as well as professional fields, with a high level of coexistence with graduate programs. It’s graduate instructional program is well-balanced between the arts and sciences and professional fields, with a similarly high level of coexistence with undergraduate programs.
Emory University Facilities and Services
Emory University offers various facilities and services, according to the UniRank ranking system. These include a library with a collection of physical and digital/electronic materials. These materials consist of 2,351,020 physical volumes, 278,916 physical media, 85,007 digital/electronic mediums, and 1,111 licensed digital/electronic databases. The university has 8 library branches.
On-campus housing is also provided, with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 4,695 students in the 2018 academic year. The university has sports facilities, financial aid programs, study abroad opportunities, distance learning programs, academic counselling, and career services available to its students. Emory University also has an institutional hospital.
Emory University accreditation details
Emory University has received institutional recognition and accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, which is legal recognition. This accreditation was first granted to the university in 1917.
Additionally, Emory has received programmatic or specialized accreditation from various organizations such as the American Bar Association, American Dental Association, American Psychological Association, and many others.
The university has also received accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), among others.
Emory University’s academic structure
- Candler School of Theology
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- Goizueta Business School
- Graduate school
- Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Oxford College
- Rollins School of Public Health
Emory University Affiliate and Membership Details
UniRank has published a list of Emory University’s significant memberships and affiliations. However, please note that the list may not be exhaustive or current. For a complete and up-to-date list, visit Emory University’s website. The memberships and affiliations include the
- American Council of Education
- American Association of Research Libraries
- Association of American Universities
- Association of American Universities Data Exchange
- College Board
- Council of Graduate Schools
- Council of Southern Universities
- Georgia Independent College Association
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Private Colleges and Universities in Georgia
- Southern University Conference, National Athletic Association (NAA), and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Emory University Social Media Platform
- Please evaluate Emory University’s official Facebook page on Emory University’s Facebook profile.
- Check out Emory University’s official Twitter page by visiting Emory University’s Twitter profile.
- Take a look at Emory University’s official YouTube channel and provide feedback on Emory University’s YouTube page.
- Check out Emory University’s verified Instagram page and share your thoughts on their content.
- Explore Emory University’s primary LinkedIn profile and comment on its professional presence.
- Emory University does not have an official TikTok account at this time.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit Emory University’s admission official’s website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: