Florida State University is currently accepting applications for 2023-2024. Our dedication to delivering outstanding and pioneering educational experiences that can help you achieve your academic and career objectives is unwavering.
We welcome you to join us on this thrilling adventure.
We recommend you carefully examine our admission criteria to ensure your well-being. Furthermore, we encourage you to explore our extensive range of programs, which cater to diverse interests. As a potential student, we have created a personalized blog for you, which provides valuable insights to help you make an informed choice.
About Florida State University
Founded in 1851, Florida State University is a non-profit public state higher-education institution located in the urban setting of the small city of Tallahassee (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Florida. This institution also has a branch campus in Panama City.
Officially accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Florida State University (FSU) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: over 45,000 students) coeducational US higher education institution. Florida State University (FSU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees and doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
See the UniRank degree levels and areas of study table below for further details. The 172-year-old US higher education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades of its students. The admission rate range is 30-40% making this US higher education organization a very selective institution. International students are welcome to enrol.
FSU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aids and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses and distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative services.
Why should I consider Florida State University?
FSU is a highly reputable public research university located in Tallahassee, Florida. Here are some reasons to consider FSU:
- Strong academic programs: FSU offers over 300 academic programs across 16 colleges, including nationally-ranked programs in fields such as business, engineering, law, medicine, social sciences, and more.
- Research opportunities: As a research university, FSU is committed to advancing knowledge and solving real-world problems. Undergraduate and graduate students have numerous opportunities to participate in research projects and collaborate with faculty members.
- Campus life: FSU has a vibrant campus community with over 700 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics, and numerous cultural and artistic events throughout the year. The campus also features state-of-the-art facilities, including a new student union and a wellness centre.
- Location: Tallahassee is a great place to live and study, with a warm climate, a friendly community, and plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities. The city is also home to the state government and many international organizations, providing opportunities for internships and networking.
- Affordability: FSU is a public university and provides an affordable education for its students. In addition to competitive tuition rates, FSU offers numerous scholarships and financial aid options to help students fund their education.
FSU offers a top-notch academic experience with numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth. If you’re looking for a university that combines academic excellence with a supportive and engaging campus community, FSU is definitely worth considering.
Florida State University’s identity
- Name of the university: Florida State University
- Acronym: FSU
- Year of creation: 1851
- Motto Vires, artes, mores, Strength, skill, character
- Colours: Garnet and gold
Florida State University Campus Location
Address:222 South Copeland Street
United StatesTel+1 (850) 644 2525Fax+1 (850) 644 7134
Other locations Panama City
Florida State University Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Florida State University Tuition Details
Degree LevelTuition Range for Local StudentsTuition Range for International StudentsUndergraduate5,000-7,500 US$ (3,700-5,500 Euro)17,500-20,000 US$ (12,900-14,700 Euro)Postgraduate10,000-12,500 US$ (7,400-9,200 Euro)Over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)
FSU Admission Information
- University Admissions: The University welcomes applications from both men and women.
- International students are also encouraged to apply.
- The selection process is based on past academic records, grades, and entrance examinations.
- Applicants must have a secondary school GPA, college-preparatory program completion, and admission test scores.
- Additionally, applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Secondary school rank, recommendations, and formal competency demonstration are not mandatory.
- The university does not require other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III. The admission rate is between 30-40%.
- The admission office is located at FSU Travel, 282 Champions Way, Tallahassee 32306-2391. Applicants can contact the admission office at (850) 644 6200 or 866 893 7872.
Florida State University enrollment profile
- UniRank has released significant indicators of Florida State University’s size and profile.
- These include a student enrollment of more than 45,000 and academic staff ranging from 2,500 to 2,999.
- The university is a public state institution and operates as a non-profit entity, following a semester-based academic calendar.
- It is a campus in an urban setting and has no religious affiliations.
FSU Facilities and Services
UniRank provides an overview of Florida State University facilities and services:
- Library: Florida State University has a library with a collection of both physical and digital/electronic items. In 2018, the library reported 1,825,076 physical volumes, 371,790 physical media, 127,933 digital/electronic items, and access to 446 licensed digital/electronic databases. The university has 8 branches.
- Housing: The university provides on-campus housing for students. In the 2018 academic year, dormitories, whether on or off-campus, had approximately 6,676 students.
- Sports Facilities: The university offers sports facilities.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid is available for students.
- Study Abroad: The university offers study abroad programs.
- Distance Learning: Distance learning options are available.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are provided.
- Career Services: Career services are offered.
- Institutional Hospital: The presence of an institutional hospital was not reported.
Florida State University Carnegie Classification
- UniRank has officially classified Florida State University as a “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity” institution according to the Carnegie Classification.
- In the 2000 Carnegie Classification, it was categorized as “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive”.
- The university is a large, primarily nonresidential four-year institution with a high undergraduate enrollment profile.
- The undergraduate program is four-year and full-time, with a higher transfer-in rate and more selective admissions.
- In both undergraduate and graduate courses, arts and sciences/professions are combined, with graduate programs coexisting as well.
Florida State University Accreditation Details
Florida State University has received institutional recognition and accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is legal recognition of its educational programs’ quality.
The university’s first accreditation occurred in 1915, marking its commitment to high-quality education.
In addition to its institutional recognition, Florida State University has also obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations. These include the
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- American Association for Leisure and Recreation (AALR)
- American Bar Association (ABA). These accreditations signify that the university’s programs meet or exceed industry standards in their respective fields.
Florida State University Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank has released a list of Florida State University’s noteworthy memberships and affiliations. It is important to note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive listing, it is recommended to visit Florida State University’s official website.
Florida State University holds memberships in the State
- University System of Florida (SUSF)
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU). Additionally, it is affiliated with the National Athletic Association (NAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Also, Apply for: Monash University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Florida State University’s academic structure
- College of Applied Studies
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Communication and Information
- College of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- College of Education
- FAMU-FSU College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Human Sciences
- College of Law
- College of Medicine
- College of Motion Picture Arts
- College of Music
- College of Nursing
- College of Social Sciences and Public Policy
- College of Social Work
- Dedman School of Hospitality
- Jim Moran School of Entrepreneurship
Florida State University Social Media Platform
- To review Florida State University’s official Facebook presence, please visit the university’s Facebook page.
- For a review of Florida State University’s Twitter account, check out the university’s official Twitter page.
- To assess Florida State University’s YouTube channel quality, please visit the official university channel on YouTube.
- For an overview of Florida State University’s Instagram presence, please check out the university’s official Instagram page.
- To learn more about Florida State University on LinkedIn, please visit the university’s main profile on the professional networking site.
- There is currently no official TikTok account for Florida State University.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the Florida State University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The University of Melbourne Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
William Marsh Rice University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University at Buffalo Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session