Great Opportunity! Fordham University is thrilled to announce that applications are now open for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates. Our primary objective is to empower students and support them in achieving their academic and professional aspirations through an innovative and transformative educational journey. We warmly invite you to be a part of this exceptional experience.
To increase your chances of admission, we highly recommend familiarizing yourself with our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Moreover, we strongly urge you to explore our diverse range of programs, meticulously designed to cater to various interests. To assist you in making well-informed decisions, we have created a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like yourself
About Fordham University
Fordham University, established in 1841, is a non-profit private institution of higher education situated in The Bronx, New York, within the bustling metropolis. With a population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants, the university’s urban setting fosters a vibrant learning environment. Fordham University encompasses multiple campuses, including locations in Manhattan and West Harrison.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Fordham University is a coeducational institution with a significant student body (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students). It holds formal affiliations with the Christian-Catholic religion. The university offers various courses and programs leading to recognized degrees, such as bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees, across multiple fields of study. Refer to the table below for specific details on degree levels and areas of study.
With an illustrious history spanning 181 years, Fordham University follows a selective admission policy, considering entrance examinations, academic records, and grades of prospective students. The acceptance rate for this institution falls within the 50-59% range, making it moderately selective. International students are encouraged to apply for enrollment and contribute to the university’s diverse community.
Fordham University prides itself on providing comprehensive facilities and services to its students. These include a library, on-campus housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative support to ensure a fulfilling academic journey.
Why study at Fordham University?
There are several reasons why studying at Fordham University can be a great choice. Here are some key points to consider:
- Academic Excellence: Fordham University is known for its academic rigour and high standards of education. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines, including liberal arts, sciences, business, law, and more. The faculty members are accomplished experts in their fields, and the university consistently ranks among the top institutions in the United States.
- Prestige and Reputation: Fordham University has a long and distinguished history. It was founded in 1841 and is one of the oldest Catholic universities in the northeastern United States. The university’s reputation for academic excellence and its alumni network can offer valuable opportunities for career advancement.
- Location: Fordham has campuses located in two vibrant and culturally rich areas of New York City: the Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan and the Rose Hill campus in the Bronx. Studying in New York City provides access to a vast array of resources, internships, networking opportunities, and cultural experiences that can enhance your education and personal growth.
- Diverse Community: Fordham University values diversity and fosters an inclusive environment. It attracts students from all walks of life, creating a vibrant community that celebrates different perspectives and backgrounds. Interacting with a diverse student body can broaden your worldview and help you develop valuable interpersonal skills.
- Extensive Resources and Facilities: Fordham University provides students with a wide range of resources to support their academic and personal development. These include libraries, research centres, state-of-the-art laboratories, career services, counselling services, and various extracurricular activities. The university also has strong connections with industry partners and alumni, offering opportunities for internships, mentorship, and career placement.
- Global Perspective: Fordham University emphasizes the importance of a global perspective in education. It offers numerous study abroad programs and encourages students to engage with global issues. The university’s global initiatives and partnerships provide opportunities for international experiences, cross-cultural understanding, and exposure to different academic frameworks.
- Strong Alumni Network: Fordham University boasts a vast and influential alumni network that spans a wide range of industries. This network can provide valuable connections and resources for internships, job opportunities, and mentorship. The alumni community is known for its loyalty and willingness to support current students and recent graduates.
Ultimately, the decision to study at Fordham University depends on your personal interests, career goals, and preferences. It’s important to research and visit the campus, speak with current students and faculty, and assess how the university aligns with your educational aspirations and values.
Fordham University’s identity
- Name of the university: Fordham University
- Year of creation: 1841
Fordham University Campus Location
Address 441 E Fordham Road
10458 New York
Tel +1 (718) 817 1000
Other locations Manhattan and West Harrison
Fordham University Areas of Study and Degree Levels
uniRank Study Areas and Degree Levels Matrix™
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
Fordham University tuition details
Tuition Range Matrix™ for Academic Programs
- Level Students from the Local Area Students from International Backgrounds
- Undergraduate Over 50,000 US Dollars (Over 45,570 Euros) 20,000-24,999 US Dollars (18,225-22,780 Euros)
- Postgraduate Over 50,000 US Dollars (Over 45,570 Euros) 20,000-24,999 US Dollars (18,225-22,780 Euros)
Fordham University Admission Information
Admission Information and Statistics at Fordham University
- Admission Policy and Gender:
Fordham University is a coeducational institution, that admits both men and women.
- Admission Selection:
Fordham University has a selective admission policy. The selection process takes into account entrance examinations, students’ past academic records, and grades.
- Acceptance Rate:
Fordham University’s acceptance rate ranges from 50% to 59%. This places the institution in the category of an averagely selective higher education institution.
- Admission Requirements:
To be considered for admission, the following requirements must be met:
- A secondary school GPA is required.
- Secondary school rank is considered but not required.
- A secondary school record is required.
- Completion of a college-preparatory program is required.
- Recommendations are required.
- Formal demonstration of competencies is neither required nor recommended.
- Admission test scores are required.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required.
- Other tests (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.) are neither required nor recommended.
- International Admissions:
- Fordham University warmly welcomes international students to apply for admission.
- Admission Office:
Location: 441 East Fordham Road, Bronx, 10458.
Phone: (718) 817-4000, 800-367-3426.
- Source: IPDES
Fordham University’s Enrollment Profile
- Student Enrollment:
The University is classified as a large-sized institution with a student enrollment range of 15,000-19,999.
- Academic Staff:
The institution employs a range of 500-599 academic employees (faculty).
- Control Type:
The University is a private higher education institution.
- Entity Type:
The University is a non-profit higher education institution.
- Academic Calendar:
The institution follows a semesters-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting:
The University’s main campus is situated in an urban setting.
- Christian-Catholic Religious Affiliation:
The University is affiliated with the Christian-Catholic faith, specifically the Jesuit tradition (www.jesuit.org).
Fordham University Carnegie Classification
uniRank classifies the University as a Doctoral University with High Research Activity in the official Carnegie classification. The University is a large, four-year institution with a highly residential setting. The majority of students enrolled at the University are undergraduate students.
The undergraduate profile consists of full-time, four-year students and the institution has a selective admissions process with a lower number of transfer students. The University offers an instructional program that includes arts and sciences as well as professional disciplines, with some graduate programs offered alongside.
The graduate instructional program at the University focuses on comprehensive research doctoral programs, excluding medical and veterinary schools.
Fordham Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services at Fordham University:
The University has a physical library with three branches. The library offers a diverse collection of resources, including both physical (books, media, etc.) and digital/electronic items. As of 2021, the library reported an extensive collection of 1,099,406 physical volumes, 148,920 physical media, 36,474 digital/electronic media, and access to 483 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library is managed by a dedicated team of 74 full-time employees, including 44 librarians. The annual library expenditure exceeds $100,000. Source: IPDES.
The University provides housing options for its students. The institution offers on-campus residences or dormitories as well as off-campus accommodation. In the 2021 academic year, the total dormitory capacity, whether on or off campus, was approximately 4,749 students. Source: IPDES.
- Sports Facilities:
Fordham University has dedicated sporting facilities and organizes various sports activities for its students.
- Financial Aid:
Fordham University offers various types of financial aid to eligible students. These include scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, emergency financial aid, and more.
- Study Abroad:
Fordham University provides opportunities for students to participate in study abroad and exchange programs, allowing them to gain international exposure and experience.
- Distance Learning:
Fordham University offers distance learning options for certain programs or courses. Students have the opportunity to pursue undergraduate and graduate courses through distance education. Source: IPDES.
- Academic Counseling:
Fordham University provides academic counselling services to support and guide students in their academic pursuits.
- Career Services:
The institution offers comprehensive career services to assist students in their transition from academic life to professional life. These services include career counselling, career assessments, job and internship postings, career events, alumni networking, and other career-related support.
Fordham University accreditation details
Institutional Recognition and Accreditation
Fordham University holds legal recognition and accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. It received its initial accreditation in 1921.
Additionally, Fordham University has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from esteemed organizations such as:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association of American Law Schools
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Colleges and Universities of the Board of Regents of the State of New York
These accreditations affirm the university’s commitment to maintaining high academic standards and quality education in various fields of study.
Fordham University Affiliation and Membership Lists
The list of memberships and affiliations associated with Fordham University, as published by uniRank, is provided below. Please note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive and up-to-date list, we recommend contacting or referring to Fordham University’s official website.
- National Athletic Association (NAA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
Fordham University Social Media Platforms
uniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and measurements of various social media platforms affiliated with Fordham University. These assessments serve as a helpful reference and an additional resource for prospective applicants in their selection process.
Review of Fordham University’s official Facebook page by uniRank.
Review of Fordham University’s official Twitter page by uniRank.
Review of Fordham University’s official YouTube channel by uniRank.
Fordham University’s official Instagram page.
Fordham University’s primary LinkedIn profile.
Fordham University’s official TikTok channel.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the Fordham University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: