Fulbright Scholarship is available to students who want to be sponsored in their studies. Fulbright Scholarship is sponsored by Binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S Embassies You should follow the outline ABCD steps outlined below if you wish to submit a successful scholarship application.
About the Fulbright Scholarship
Fulbright Scholarship is offering scholarships for international students pursuing master and doctoral degrees in the US. Fulbright Scholarship is sponsored by Binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S Embassies. Students must submit their scholarship application forms through these offices. This scholarship is operational in more than 160 countries
Fulbright Scholarship has been in existence since 1946 through a congressional bill named Senator J. William Fulbright to promote international goodwill through intellectual exchange. Fulbright grants are awarded to both US graduate and undergraduate students with the purpose of fostering relationships and cooperation worldwide
Over 4,000 foreign students have been awarded scholarships by the Fulbright Scholarship Program each year. The scholarship program is open to graduates, professionals, and artists from different parts of the world to carry out research in the US. Fulbright Scholarship offers up to two or five years of funding to graduates, masters, and Ph.D. students.
Whether it’s based on gender, race, nationality, color, social status, or disability, Fulbright Scholarship is not awarded based on any of these factors. This scholarship covers all educational costs, including housing and health insurance. The scholarship is designed to provide educational support to people in rural areas of the United States. Similarly, it is established financial assistance for economically disadvantaged groups, minorities, and those not represented by a stable background.
Fulbright Scholarship offers up to two to five years of funding to graduates, masters, and Ph.D. students. Fulbright Scholarship is designed to provide basic education to people in rural areas of the United States. The scholarship program is meant to provide financial assistance to economically disadvantaged groups, minorities, and those not represented by a stable background.
The United States has granted Fulbright scholarships to thousands of foreign students to pursue their graduate studies in the United States. American-Mideast Educational and Training Services (AMIDEAST) has been placing Fulbright students from across the MENA region in universities throughout the US for over 4 decades.
How to get a Fulbright Scholarship
Be sure to follow the simple steps outlined so that you don’t miss out on the scholarship opportunity.
- Submission of Application Form: Students are required to fill out an online application. To be eligible for the award, applicants are expected to submit their details to be screened by The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP). All required documents must be attached to the application form.
- Submission of Graduates Transcripts and Degrees:- Transcripts and degrees should be prepared by applicants who hold four-year undergraduate degrees in any field, including three-year bachelor’s degrees in international business or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) certification. Similarly, a transcript of their MPhil or MS degree is required.
If you are a final year undergraduate student in any academic discipline, you may apply provided your academic transcript is ready by the deadline. Students’ academic transcripts are screened by USEFP; the student’s GPA is not taken into account. The applicants’ education level, a student’s courses, and his or her grade in each course will all be considered. Each student will be graded by their school grades and performance. Student GPA is not required to apply for the scholarship.
Applicants are required to pass the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL). According to the Fulbright Scholarship, students are obligated to send their GRE scores to them on the day of the test. All applicants must request their educational testing service (ETS) and send their scores directly to USEFP with the digit code 9388.
To apply, students must submit their GRE scores. The minimum GRE scores a student is required to have to apply for a Fulbright Scholarship are 138 for verbal and 136 for quantitative. TOEFL is not a requirement at the time of application. The TOEFL exam is required at the interview stage.
Applicants are required to submit two essays, each approximately 800 words in length. Students are expected to use simple English terms when writing their essays. For your essay to be approved by Fulbright, you must create a marketing strategy for yourself. Essays successfully drafted by applicants generally take up to 4 to 6 weeks to be written.
- Submission of three recommended letters: At the time of application, applicants are required to attach three recommendation letters. This includes three academic reference letters or 2 educational and 1 professional or 1 educational and 2 professional. As well, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit 1 academic reference letter.
The reference form must be filled in by the applicant’s referees and must be signed, stamped, and sealed in the envelope attached to the online application. Once the online application is submitted successfully, referees will receive an online email.
- Submission of Academic Resume: – Applicants are required to submit their updated academic resume provided on the application form. It does not require any special format.
- Submission of an online application does not require payment of any fees. All applications must be submitted via the Internet.
- Interview: Once the applicant’s application and essay have been submitted and reviewed, the panel will invite the applicant for an interview. Fulbright Scholarship interviews take place in mid-September and are held in October. If you are not invited by USEFP by October, it indicates that you were not selected for the scholarship. But it is not a guarantee of admission.
Interviews are conducted for 15 to 30 minutes by the Fulbright Scholarship Panel wherein the panelists are 4 in number. On the day of the interview, applicants are required to bring their TOEFL registration slips. However, you don’t need to take your TOEFL exam by the interview date.
Eligibility for a Fulbright Scholarship
If you want to be eligible for the Fulbright Scholarship, ensure you follow the steps below:-
- Language: English
- Worldwide, the Fulbright Scholarship is available in 155 countries.
- Eligibility and selection vary from country to country. Click here to check your country’s “foreign. eligibility, requirements, and application process.
What are the benefits of the Fulbright Scholarship?
It is important to note that the Fulbright Scholarship 2023 is fully funded and will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Recipients are entitled to tuition, stipends, travel expenses, health insurance, etc. Funding is available only for the duration of the program.
- Immediate response to urgent and non-urgent requests.
- Candidates with NCE (Non-Competitive Eligibility) qualifications will be hired by the federal government for 12 months.
- Funding for books and research
- If you are pursuing a graduate degree, you will be entitled to full or partial tuition.
- Check the Fulbright official website and country-specific websites at a foreign website for the complete list of scholarship benefits.
- The Fulbright Scholarship deadline varies by country. Although, it usually occurs between February and October each year.
How to be a Fulbright Scholar?
To benefit as a Fulbright Scholar, you must have the intention of studying or teaching abroad whether as a US citizen or not. What you need is your creative passion or academic performance to be eligible for a Fulbright Grant. It was created to provide golden opportunities for students who are passionate about their careers. Fulbright Scholarships offers $25,000 to successful applicants.
For more information on Fulbright Scholarship, interested applicants are required to visit the Fulbright Scholarship official website.