Hanns Seidel Scholarship Program (HSSP), is provided to assist Afghan Refugees in Pakistan, with the goal of improving regional stability in Pakistan-Afghanistan by providing long-term support to young, talented Afghan students registered as refugees in Pakistan and enrolled in Pakistani universities by the Hanns Seidel Foundation HFS‘s flagship project.
Kindly read this article to the end for easy steps on how to apply for this scholarship.
Hanns Seidel Scholarship Program (HSSP), is provided to assist Afghan Refugees in Pakistan, with the goal of improving regional stability in Pakistan-Afghanistan by providing long-term support to young, talented Afghan students registered as refugees in Pakistan and enrolled in Pakistani universities by the Hanns Seidel Foundation HFS‘s flagship project. These Afghan students will be able to fund their university educations, receive additional training in critical areas in addition to their studies, gain valuable professional experience through on-the-job trainings, and use their newly gained knowledge.
HSF Pakistan and the National Dialogue Forum are implementing the HSSP as part of the broader Pakistan-Afghanistan bilateral dialogue.
HSF Pakistan partner organizations and the HSF Country Office will provide conceptual support for all scholarships. Democratic education, academic work, tolerance, conflict resolution, and social cohesion will all benefit from this additional assistance. Workshops, dialogues, cultural activities, and athletic activities will all be used to achieve this goal. They’ll talk about social cohesion, human rights, equality, subsidiarity, political systems, digital skills, rhetoric, soft skills, and academic methodological expertise, among other things.
- Number of opportunities: 30 per year
- Duration: 2 to 4 years
- Program: Bachelor’s and Masters
- Specified for: POR (Proof of registration) card holder
- Deadline for current call: N/A
Benefits of the Hanns Seidel Scholarship:
The scholarship covers the following costs:
- Presently, every month each student receives a scholarship grant of 30,000 PKR .
- Each scholarship recipient will receive one laptop (must be returned to HSF before the end of the funding period) For academic purposes.
- As conceptual support, there have been numerous HSSP trainings, events, and activities.
- On-the-job training to prepare Afghan refugee students for future careers in their native country All of these privileges are usually provided until the current degree program is completed.
Eligibility Criteria for Hanns Seidel Scholarship:
- POR cardholders from Afghanistan who live in Pakistan
- You must be enrolled in a full-time academic degree program (undergraduate or graduate) In Pakistan, at any Higher
- Education Commission recognized university
- Outstanding academic achievements
- Social involvement, such as contributions to Pakistan’s refugee community.
- Willingness to participate in HSF Pakistan, National Dialogue Forum, and their partners’ democratic, academic, and professional training programs
- Interest in preparing for and attending regional stability-related national and international events
- Afghan refugee students who are female or transgender are highly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who are already receiving a full scholarship from HEC or another organization are ineligible to receive the HSSP scholarship.
- HSF Pakistan’s Young Leaders Network HSF Fellows will include all HSSP Alumni.
- Students that score well academically may be considered for additional studies in Germany.
- Filled Application Form
- Cover Letter (maximum 2 pages describing why you would be a perfect fit and worthy recipient of this scholarship, including all academic achievements, social activities, accomplishments and future plans)
- An academic advisor’s brief letter of support (2 pages max)
A picture of yourself
Scan of POR Proof of Registration card
A scan of your matriculation and intermediate diplomas (equivalence certificate for students who have studied at Afghan schools)
Proof of enrollment in a Pakistani university approved by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
Previous semester’s transcripts
How to apply for Hanns Seidel Scholarship for Afghan refugees in Pakistan?
Email the mentioned above documents as a single pdf file and in the correct order (1-9) to the HSSP Focal Person through the email address below
Submission Email: email@example.com
See More Opportunities:
KAIST International Undergraduate Scholarship in Korea 2023
University of Otago in New Zealand Scholarships for PhD & Professional
Knight Hennessy Scholarships at Stanford University in United States
You can read more about Hanns Seidel Scholarship for Afghan refugees in Pakistan.