The University of Galway in Ireland is now accepting applications for the Hardiman Scholarships from Ph.D. candidates. Worldwide students starting their Ph.D. in September 2023 are qualify to apply for this outstanding Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships program. For easy steps on how to apply click here.
The University of Galway in Ireland is now accepting applications for the Hardiman Scholarship from Ph.D. candidates. Worldwide students starting their Ph.D. in September 2023 are qualify to apply for this outstanding Scholarship program.
The Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships are for four years as a fully funded opportunity. This opportunity also provides the students with a stipend of €18,500 p.a. and a fee waiver. Please note that the Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships are only open to those who received an admission letter to a full-time structured PhDs at the University of Galway.
Outstanding individuals with passion and interest in the research world and creativity are welcome to apply. Also, the scholarships support students with intellectual excitement and those who will positively impact and shape our society’s future. Additionally, opportunities are available for suitably qualified individuals to pursue a structured Ph.D. focused on one of the five critical areas of research in which the University offers leading expertise.
- Applications Status: Open
- Applications Deadline: N/A
- Online Interviews: 3- 14 April 2023
- Call Outcome: Early May 2023
- Scholarship Start: 01 September 2023
- Host Organization: University of Galway
- Location: Ireland
- Degree Level: Ph.D.
- Gender: Male/Female
- Medium of Instruction: Irish and English
- Number of Opportunity: N/A
- Duration: 4-years
- Funding Type: Fully-funded
- Eligible Country: All
- Research Areas:
- Enhancing policy and society
- Enriching creativity and culture
- Improving health and well-being
- Realizing potential through data and enabling technologies
- Sustaining our planet and people
Benefits of the Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships
The Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships will cover the following expenses:
- A stipend of €18,500 p.a.
- A fee waiver
Eligibility Criteria for the Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships
Applicant who wish to apply for the Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a first or upper-second-class honors primary degree or equivalent;
- Must not have currently registered as Ph.D. students
- Should not have previously done a Ph.D.;
- Must meet English language requirements; please check the language requirement section here.
Following documents are part of the application package:
Assessment Process of the Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships
Applicants of the Hardiman Ph.D. scholarships include the below criteria:
- Excellence and quality of the applicant play a key role in Assessment Process;
- The panel of assessors will not assess incomplete or late applications;
- Students with a disability may tick Q.10 of the application form that they wish to receive at least one Hardiman Ph.D. scholarship. But they should verify their disability as part of the Hardiman application process by the deadline;
- At least three assessors from different backgrounds will assess and review all applications;
- Assessors will consider all four elements below for all applications and allocate scores as follows:
- Personal Research Statement (max. 50 points);
- Academic Qualifications (max. 30 points);
- Referees’ reports (max. 10 points);
- Prior Research Experience (max. 10 points);
- The panel of assessors will shortlist applicants and call them for an interview.
How to Apply for the Hardiman Ph.D. Scholarships?
To apply for the Hardiman Ph.D. scholarships, please provide and submit all required documents using the submission email below. kindly follow these instructions:
Step 1: Note for Applicants:
- Each applicant should nominate one Ph.D. supervisor at the University of Galway.
- Find a potential Ph.D. supervisor here.
- Contact potential supervisors and discuss Ph.D. research plans.
Step 2: Note Regarding Application:
- A complete Hardiman Scholarship Application package requires completing the application form, the supervisor form, and two academic reference forms. Applicants who do not follow the word count or page limit instructions may have an unsuccessful application.
- For 2023, one Hardiman Ph.D. scholarship is available to a candidate with a disability who meets the criterion.
- Each applicant can submit one application to email@example.com, which is final. There can be no re-submission or changes after their submission.
Step 3: University of Galway Supervisor Form:
- It is important to confirm supervision while completing the supervisor form, should applicants be successful in the current Hardiman Ph.D. scholarship competition.
- The applicants should complete Section A of the University of Galway Supervisor Form and provide it to the proposed supervisor.
- The proposed supervisor must complete Section B of the University of Galway Supervisor Form.
- The supervisor should submit the ‘Supervisor Form’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 February 2023.
Step 4: Academic References:
- For a successful application, applicants should submit two academic reference forms that shows their academic suitability and potential to undertake the Ph.D.
- The consent of any proposed academic referee is necessary before adding their details to the Hardiman Ph.D. scholarship application form.
- References submission is confidential.
Submission Email: email@example.com
See More Opportunities: