The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies’ Academy Scholars Program seeks for excellent scholars who are just starting their academic careers and whose work combines superior skill in a social science field with fluency in a foreign language and/or other knowledge or expertise of other nations or regions outside of the USA and/or Canada. For easy steps on how to apply for this program click here.
The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies’ Academy Scholars Program seeks for excellent scholars who are just starting their academic careers and whose work combines superior skill in a social science field with fluency in a foreign language and/or other knowledge or expertise of other nations or regions outside of the USA and/or Canada. Their research should cross traditional disciplinary boundaries and clarify comparative, global, or domestic problems from the past or the present. The aim of the program is to provide an opportunity for candidates to get in front of a host of influential leaders, learn more about your future career path and what it takes to succeed in your field, and build relationships with other students who share the same interests.
- Host University: The Harvard University
- Deadline: N/A
- Study duration: 2 years
- Start Date: August 1, 2023
- Course level: Ph.D. and Postdoctoral
- Eligible Nations: All international Students
- Field: Social Sciences
- Interview Date: December 2, 2022
Benefits of Harvard Academy Scholars Program
The Academy Scholars Program provides the following benefits:
- Two years – postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
- Annual stipend of $75,000 for Postdoctoral Academy Scholars
- Conference and research travel funding
- Research assistants,
- Health insurance,
- Scholars will receive a stipend of $35,000 per year until they receive their Ph.D. degree
Eligibility Criteria for Harvard Academy Scholars Program:
- Within the two years of the start date of August 1, 2023, holders of a Ph.D. or comparable doctoral degree and advanced doctoral students in the social sciences are qualify for these awards.
- For a start date of Aug 1, 2023, scholars who are nearly finished with their essay must be able to submit degree grant documents from their university’s registrar’s office by June 30, 2023.
- People who currently hold or recently finished a different Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not allowed to apply.
- Individuals who hold or have completed another Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not allowed to apply.
Documents Required for Harvard Academy Scholars Program
The completed application should include the following:
- CV or resume (including publications list)
- 1 example of academic writing (such as a chapter from a Ph.D. dissertation or an article from a peer-reviewed publication); just ONE sample may be submitted, and it must be in English.
- Research proposal (including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work) – max. 2000 words
- Ph.D. program transcript copy
- Three recommendation letters
- The application and supporting documentation must be sent in PDF format.
- To be considered for the Harvard Academy Scholars program, applicants must submit their applications online.
Note: Please be aware that a complete application packet cannot be more than 10MB, so make sure to compress any large PDF files before uploading.
Study Areas that are not Accepted:
The following areas of specialization are not accepted by this program:
- Art History
- Global Health
- Medieval Studies,
- Public Administration,
- Sanskrit and Indian Studies
- Social Work,
- Urban Studies.
How to apply for Harvard Academy Scholars Program?
Interested & eligible applicants should provide the required documents and apply online using the link below.
Please contact them if you have more email@example.com. For more information, kindly visit the Harvard Academy Scholars Program’s official Website.
See More Opportunities: