We are delighted to announce that applications for the 2023-2024 academic session at Helsingin yliopisto are now open.
With a reputation for empowering students and fostering their academic and professional ambitions through transformative education, we extend a warm invitation to join us on an exhilarating journey.
To maximize your chances of admission, we advise you to meticulously review our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Additionally, we strongly encourage you to explore our diverse range of programs tailored to cater to a wide array of interests. As a prospective student, we have curated a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights to help you make well-informed decisions.
About Helsingin yliopisto
Founded in 1640, the University of Helsinki (Helsingin yliopisto) is a renowned public institution of higher education situated in Helsinki, Finland. Recognized by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Finland, the university boasts a large student body (enrollment range: 35,000-39,999) and offers a wide range of educational programs leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in various fields of study.
Admission to the university is highly competitive, based on entrance examinations and academic records. With admission rates ranging from 0% to 10%, the University of Helsinki is considered one of the most selective institutions in Finland. International students are welcome to enrol.
The university provides exceptional academic resources, including a comprehensive library, state-of-the-art sports facilities, opportunities for study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning options, and administrative support to enhance the student experience.
Why should I consider Helsingin yliopisto?
Studying at Helsingin yliopisto (the University of Helsinki) offers several compelling reasons:
- Academic Excellence: Helsingin yliopisto is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the world. It has a long history of academic excellence and is known for its rigorous educational standards, high-quality research, and distinguished faculty members. Studying at such a reputable institution can provide an excellent education and open doors to future opportunities.
- Wide Range of Programs: The university offers a diverse range of study programs across various fields and disciplines. Whether you’re interested in natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, law, medicine, or any other field, the University of Helsingin provides numerous options for you to pursue your academic interests and career goals.
- Research Opportunities: HY is a renowned research university with a strong emphasis on research and innovation. As a student, you will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities, resources, and funding opportunities. Engaging in research projects can enhance your critical thinking skills, provide hands-on experience, and allow you to contribute to knowledge advancement in your field of interest.
- International Environment: HY attracts a diverse community of students and researchers from around the world. Studying in such an international environment can broaden your perspective, expose you to different cultures and ideas, and foster valuable connections with individuals from diverse backgrounds. This multicultural setting can contribute to personal growth and enrich your university experience.
- Supportive Learning Environment: The university is known for its student-centred approach to education. Professors and instructors are accessible, and there are various support services available to assist students with their academic and personal needs. Additionally, the university promotes interactive and collaborative learning methods, encouraging students to actively participate in discussions, group work, and projects.
- Location: HY is located in Helsinki, the capital city of Finland, known for its high quality of life, safety, and vibrant cultural scene. Helsinki offers a range of opportunities for recreation, entertainment, and networking. Furthermore, Finland’s education system is highly regarded globally. Studying in Helsinki provides access to an exceptional educational experience and exposure to Finnish culture and society.
Ultimately, studying at Helsing in Yiopisto can provide you with a world-class education, a supportive learning environment, and valuable experiences that can shape your personal and professional future.
Helsingin yliopisto identity
Name Helsingin yliopisto
- Name of the university: University of Helsinki
- Acronyms: HY/UH
- Year of creation: 1640
- Colours Blue and gray
Helsingin yliopisto Campus Location
Address PO Box 33, Fabianinkatu 33
FinlandTel+358 (9) 1911Fax+358 (9) 1912 3008
Helsingin Yiopisto Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Helsingin yliopisto tuition details
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Local students: 0-1,000 US$ (0-750 Euro) 0-1,000 US$ (0-750 Euro) International students: 0-1,000 US$ (0-750 Euro) 0-1,000 US$ (0-750 Euro)
Helsingin yliopisto Admission Information
University Admissions Information
- Gender: Coed (open to both men and women)
- International Students: International applicants are encouraged to apply for admission.
- Selection Process: Admission is based on entrance examinations, as well as students past academic records and grades.
- Admission Rate: The admission rate ranges from 0% to 10%.
- Admission Office: Address: PO Box 33, Yliopistonkatu 4, Helsinki 00014 Phone: (9) 1911 Fax: (9) 191 22604
Helsingin yliopisto Enrollment Profile
Here are some key size and profile indicators for the University of Helsinki as published by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: Approximately 35,000-39,999 students.
- Academic Staff: Around 4,000-4,499 faculty members.
- Control Type: Public, indicating a publicly funded institution.
- Entity Type: Non-Profit, suggesting that the university operates for educational and research purposes rather than commercial gain.
- Academic Calendar: Semester-based, meaning the university divides its academic year into semesters.
- Campus Setting: Located in an urban environment.
- Religious Affiliation: None, indicating that the university has no specific religious affiliations or associations.
Helsingin yliopisto Facilities and Services
UniRank offers an overview of the facilities and services provided by Helsingin yliopisto (University of Helsinki):
- Library: Helsingin yliopisto has a library. For more information, visit Helsingin yliopisto’s Library.
- Housing: Information regarding housing facilities is unavailable.
- Sports Facilities: Helsingin yliopisto offers sports facilities.
- Financial Aids: Information regarding financial aid is unavailable.
- Study Abroad: Helsingin yliopisto provides study abroad opportunities.
- Distance Learning: Helsingin yliopisto offers distance learning programs.
- Academic Counseling: Information regarding academic counselling services is unavailable.
- Career Services: Information regarding career services is unavailable.
- Institutional Hospital: Helsingin yliopisto has an institutional hospital.
Helsingin yliopisto accreditation details
Institutional Recognition or Accreditation Helsinki University is officially acknowledged and accredited by the Ministry of Education and Culture in Finland.
Initial accreditation year 2008
Helsingin yliopisto academic structure
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Agricultural and Forestry
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Swedish School of Social Science
Helsingin yliopisto Affiliate and Membership Details
The list of memberships and affiliations held by Helsingin yliopisto, as published by UniRank, may not be complete or up-to-date. For an extensive and accurate list, visit Helsingin yliopisto’s official website. However, some notable memberships and affiliations include:
- European University Association (EUA).
- League of European Research Universities (LERU).
- Utrecht Network
- To ensure the most accurate and comprehensive information, please refer to Helsingin yliopisto’s website or contact them directly.
Helsingin yliopisto Social Media Platform
UniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics for various social media platforms used by Helsingin yliopisto. These assessments serve as a helpful reference for comparisons and aid prospective applicants in making informed decisions.
- Facebook reviews and evaluates Helsingin yliopisto’s official page.
- Helsingin yliopisto’s Twitter page is assessed, providing insights into its performance and content.
- Helsingin yliopisto’s official YouTube channel is reviewed, offering an overview of its features and offerings.
- The official Instagram page of Helsingin yliopisto is showcased, highlighting its content and engagement.
- The primary LinkedIn profile of Helsingin yliopisto is presented, giving an overview of the university’s professional presence.
- TikTok currently has no available information.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit Helsingin Yliopisto Admission’s official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: