The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) Arturo Falaschi Ph.D. Fellowships for 2023 are now open for applications. This program is sponsored by International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB).
If you wish to apply for this program, this blog post will give you the easy steps on how to apply for this scholarship kindly read to the end.
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) Arturo Falaschi Ph.D. Fellowships for 2023 are now open for applications. To earn a “Doctor Philosophiae” (Ph.D.) in the living sciences, ICGEB provides postgraduate courses.
The Open University (UK), the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy, the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi, and the University of Cape Town in South Africa are just a few of the prestigious academic institutions that can grant the title thanks to specific agreements.
- Organized by: International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
- Deadline: 31 March 2023
- Duration: three years, with a one-year extension option.
- Eligible Nations: ICGEB Member State ( Afghanistan included)
- Location: Member States & research groups at ICGEB laboratories in New Delhi, India, Cape Town, South Africa, & Trieste, Italy
Benefit of the ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Ph.D. Fellowships
- Trieste, Italy: Euro 1,300; New Delhi, India: US$ 1,020; Cape Town, South Africa: ZAR 14,000; monthly stipend.
- Travel: The fellowship provides funding for the participant’s travel costs from their country of residence to the ICGEB lab at the start and their return travel costs at the end of the fellowship.
- Throughout the fellowship, there is reimbursement for medical expenses.
- For the duration of the Ph.D. registration period, university tuition fees are waived.
- Application and renewal fees for visas and permits of stay are covered.
- The Group Leader / PI often offers support for attending meetings and courses.
Eligibility Criteria for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Ph.D. Fellowships
- A national of an ICGEB Member State is required for applicants. ICGEB Host Country nationals from South Africa and India cannot apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home nations.
- A BSc (Honors) degree is required for ICGEB Trieste candidates, whereas an MSc degree is required for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi applicants.
- Candidates must possess a solid command of the English language, as evidenced by a competence certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not necessary if academic education has been pursued in English.
- Candidates must be under 32 years old at the time of application for Trieste, Italy. Applications for the ICGEB in New Delhi and Cape Town are accepted at any age.
- Academic documents (diploma certificates and transcripts with thorough details on all courses and final exams passed, credit hours or credit value for each course, and grades earned. Please be aware that all academic records must be issued by the institution conferring the degree, carry the institution’s official seal and signature, and be presented in the source language along with an official English translation of each record.
- ICGEB Group Leader’s Written Statement
- A reliable form of identification (passport or identity card). It is advised to have a passport valid for at least a year.
- English Diploma (TOEFL, Cambridge, or similar). This document is not required in Trieste when academic education has been pursued in English.
How to Apply?
To apply, click the apply now button below and complete the form.
For more information about the ICGEB Arturo Falaschi, Ph.D. fellowships, kindly visit ICGEB’s official website.
See More Opportunities: