Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now accepted at Indiana University Bloomington. Come join our dynamic and innovative academic community, where you can discover boundless opportunities and achieve your highest aspirations.
We invite you to explore our admission procedures and discover the many advantages of pursuing your education at our prestigious university. You can gain valuable insights into our admissions policies and the diverse benefits of being part of the Indiana University Bloomington community by visiting our blog.
About Indiana University Bloomington
Indiana University Bloomington, founded in 1820, is a public state higher-education institution located in Bloomington, Indiana, a small city with a population ranging between 50,000-249,999 inhabitants. It is a coeducational institution with a large enrollment range of over 45,000 students and is officially accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
IUB offers a wide range of courses and programs leading to various higher education degrees, including pre-bachelor degrees such as certificates, diplomas, associates, and foundations, as well as bachelor, master, and doctorate degrees in several areas of study. The UniRank matrix below shows degree levels and areas of study.
With a 203-year history, IUB has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades. The admission rate ranges from 70-80%, making it a selective institution. International students are also eligible for enrollment.
Furthermore, IUB provides numerous academic and non-academic facilities and services to its students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why choose Indiana University Bloomington?
University (IU) offers a wide range of academic programs and majors for students to choose from. With over 550 academic programs and 200 undergraduate majors, students have many options to pursue their interests and design a degree that fits their goals. Additionally, IU seems to prioritize preparing students for their future careers.
This is evidenced by their career services program, which helps students apply what they learn in the classroom to their professional lives.
At IU, career possibilities are endless. With over 550 academic programs and 200 undergraduate majors to choose from, you can easily follow your passions and design a degree that suits you. Our commitment to your future starts when you arrive on campus. Career services are available to help you apply classroom knowledge to the real world.
You won’t just be sitting in a classroom at IU. Our experiential learning approach ensures hands-on experience from your first year, giving you an advantage over your competitors. Whether you’re conducting research in one of our top-notch facilities or engaging in a creative activity, our Hoosier community values action.
As an international student, you are eligible for both regular and foreign scholarships at IU. Many of our scholarships are based on merit and do not require separate applications. In fact, one in every three admitted international students receives an IU scholarship.
We understand that studying in a different country can be expensive, but at IU, we strive to make it affordable.
Indiana University Bloomington Identity
- Name of the university: Indiana University Bloomington
- Acronym: IUB
- Year of creation: 1820
- Motto: Luxe Veritas, Light and Truth
- Colours: Cream and crimson
Indiana University Bloomington Campus Location
Address: 107 South Indiana Avenue
United StatesTel+1 (812) 855 4848Fax+1 (812) 856 5378
IUB Areas of Study & Degree Levels
Matrix of Degree Levels and Study Areas by UniRank Bachelor’s Degree Graduate Degree
- Humanities & Arts Social Sciences
- Business Language
- Cultural Studies
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Engineering Science & Technology
Indiana University Bloomington Tuition Range Details
The UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ displays annual tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs in two categories: local and international students.
- For local students, the yearly tuition range is 10,000-12,500 US dollars (or 7,400-9,200 Euros) for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- For international students, the yearly tuition fees exceed 20,000 US dollars (or 14,700 Euros) for undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Indiana University Bloomington Admission Information
University Admissions Information:
- The university welcomes both men and women (CoEd) as well as international students to apply for admission. Selection for admission is based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic records and grades.
- To apply for admission, prospective students are recommended to have excellent secondary school GPA and rank.
- In addition, they must have a required secondary school record and complete a college-preparatory program. Recommendations, formal competency demonstrations, and other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- Applicants are recommended to submit admission test scores and are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
- The university admission rate is between 70-80%. The Admission Office is located at 300 North Jordan Avenue, Bloomington 47405, and can be contacted at (812) 855-0661.
Read More: The University of Utah Offers Admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Indiana University Bloomington Enrollment Profile
- Size and Profile: The institution has a student enrollment of over 45,000 and a total academic staff of 2,500-2,999.
- It is a non-profit public-state institution located in an urban campus setting.
- The academic calendar is based on semesters.
- The institution has no religious affiliation.
Indiana University Bloomington Facilities and Services
- Library: IUB library collection includes physical and digital/electronic items. As of 2018, the library reported 4,692,626 physical volumes, 346,233 physical media, 3,439,980 digital/electronic mediums, and 1,962 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library has 15 branches.
- Housing: IUB provides on-campus housing for students. In the 2018 academic year, the total dormitory capacity, whether on or off campus, was about 12,091 students.
- Sports Facilities: Indiana University Bloomington offers sports facilities for students.
- Financial Aid: Indiana University Bloomington provides financial aid to eligible students.
- Study Abroad: Indiana University Bloomington offers study abroad programs for students.
- Distance Learning: Indiana University Bloomington offers distance learning programs for students.
- Academic Counseling: Indiana University Bloomington provides academic counselling services for students.
- Career Services: Indiana University Bloomington offers career services for students.
- Institutional Hospital: Information about an institutional hospital was not reported.
Indiana University Bloomington Carnegie Classification
- The updated Carnegie Classification categorizes this institution as a “Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.”
- In the 2000 classification, it was labelled as an “Extensive Doctoral/Research University.”
- This is a residential four-year university with a large student body.
- The undergraduate population is highly selective and predominantly full-time, with fewer transfer students. Undergraduate instructional programs balance arts and sciences with professional fields, and graduate programs offer minimal overlap.
- The graduate program emphasizes career development alongside arts and sciences.
Indiana University Bloomington Accreditation Details
Institutional Accreditation: The Higher Learning Commission
- Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations:
- Council on Accreditation, American Association for Leisure and Recreation (AALR).
- Council of the Section on Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar, American Bar Association (ABA).
- Accredited Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications.
Indiana University Bloomington Affiliations and Membership Details
The Indiana University System is affiliated with two major athletic organizations,
The National Athletic Association (NAA)
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Indiana University Bloomington’s Academic Structure
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Division of Labor Studies
- Jacobs School of Music
- Kelley School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Informatics
- School of Journalism
- School of Law
- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Indiana University Bloomington Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Indiana University Bloomington’s Facebook page for social networking
- Twitter: Indiana University Bloomington’s Twitter page for microblogging and news updates
- LinkedIn: Indiana University Bloomington’s LinkedIn profile for business and academic networking
- YouTube: Indiana University Bloomington’s YouTube or Vimeo video channel
- TikTok: Not applicable
- The Indiana University Bloomington Instagram or Flickr account for photos
To get more information about the admission process, Kindly visit Indiana University Bloomington’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
North Carolina State University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
McGill University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Ohio State University Offers Admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session