International Higher Education Scholarships in Taiwan are currently open. We are pleased to inform you that IHE is open to sponsoring international students who are seeking scholarships but are unable to get them.
You stand a greater chance of winning the scholarship award only if you follow the simple steps outlined here for your application process.
Scholarships are available to students who take part in the International Higher Education Scholarships Programme organized by TaiwanICDF for the 2022-2023 academic session.
All international students from different parts of the world who wish to be enrolled in any program (Bachelor, Master or PhD programme) are eligible to apply for a scholarship at a Taiwanese university. Successful applicants will be entitled to a fully funded scholarship plus tuition fees and allowances.
About International Higher Education Scholarships
International Higher Education Scholarships are proudly sponsored by the Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund for students who wish to apply for master’s, undergraduate, graduate and PhD programs.
Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund (TaiwanICDF) aims to foster the socio-economic development of neighbouring countries and provide humanitarian assistance in case of natural disasters or refugee crises.
These students are in collaboration with Taiwan University. Taiwan University was established in 1928 under Japanese rule as the 7th of the Imperial Universities. The university has its roots in Taihoku Imperial University. The university has 11 departments: Liberal Arts, Engineering, Science, Social Science, Medicine, and Life Science.
It also offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees and doctorate degrees in many disciplines. The university requires that undergraduate students apply for a compulsory core curriculum, which must include Chinese, English, physical education and public service.
The university offers a variety of disciplines cutting across science, the arts and the humanities with up to 8,000 courses available online. Students are free to choose any program of their choice.
Taiwan University is a member of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities, Washington University and the Association of East Asian Research Universities. The University has participated in several programs of the Taiwan International Graduate Program of Academic Sinica.
Taiwan University is a well-known academic and research institution. Taiwan University is ranked 77 in QS World University Rankings.
A brief overview of international higher education
- Name of Organization: Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund.
- Department: NA
- The program offered: Bachelor, Master, or PhD
- Award: tuition fee, stipend
- Number of awards: NA
- Mode of application: Online
- Nationality: International
- Country: Taiwan
- All international students who come from different countries are eligible to apply.
- All courses or subjects of any degree program (bachelor, master, or PhD degree) are taught at a Taiwanese university.
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Applicants must belong to an eligible country.
How to Apply for International Higher Education
- Applicants are entitled to apply for the program at any university of their choice online. All applicants from eligible countries will be considered.
- Applicants must upload a copy of their passport and proof of nationality.
- A copy of the applicant’s high school diploma and academic transcripts
- Two letters of reference.
- Any other document explicitly requested by a ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/Consulate General/Representative Office.
- The applicant must meet the language requirements of the university.
Read More KINSIS International Research Stay Grants in Germany
Benefits of applying for international higher education
Successful applicants are entitled to stipends of $12,000 or $17,000 as well as tuition fees and airfare.
To get more information about the scholarship, kindly visit the international higher education official website to get the latest updates.
The University of Sydney Faculty of Science offers Honors Relocation Scholarships in Australia.
RMIT Academic Merit Scholarship for international students in Australia.
University of Guelph – International Student Undergraduate Research Assistantship (ISURA)