ISTA Ph.D. Program for International Students in Austria is accepting applications for the Ph.D at ISTA – Institute of Science and Technology Austria Program 2023 from international students. ISTA welcomes students with bachelor’s and master’s degrees and different academic backgrounds who can use their skills and experiences in the scientific setting.
If you wish to apply for this program kindly read this article to the end for easy steps on on how to apply.
ISTA Ph.D. Program for International Students in Austria is accepting applications for the Ph.D at ISTA – Institute of Science and Technology Austria Program 2023 from international students. ISTA welcomes students with bachelor’s and master’s degrees and different academic backgrounds who can use their skills and experiences in the scientific setting. Graduate students from biology, chemistry, computer science, data science, mathematics, neuroscience, physics, scientific computing, and related areas are encouraged to apply.
The primary goal of the ISTA Ph.D. program is to support and graduate curious, broad, and open-minded scientists who can approach problems from different perspectives and team up with diverse scientists. So, to achieve this goal, the prospective students will complete an innovative interdisciplinary training program comprising research and taught elements. Moreover, world-class faculty members will closely mentor them from different disciplines.
Important Dates of the ISTA Ph.D. Program
- Application Status: Open
- Application Deadline: N/A
- Reference Letter Submission: 5 March 2023 (9:29 am AFT)
- Pre-Selection Meetings: Late March or early April
- Student Interviews: Late April or mid-May
- Final Selection Meetings: Late May
- Offers Date: After the last selection meeting
- Offer Acceptation Deadline: 30 June 2023
- Start of Ph.D. Program: 15 September 2023
Brief Details of the ISTA Ph.D. Program
- Host Organization: Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA)
- Duration: 5- Years
- Location: Austria
- Degree Level: Ph.D.
- Gender: Male/Female
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Number of Opportunity: 60 in total but varies field-based
- Eligible Country: All
The following study fields with various subfields are available for the students who apply for the ISTA Ph.D. Program 2023:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
Benefits of the ISTA Ph.D. Program
The winning solutions submitted for the ISTA Ph.D. program will receive the followings:
- Welcome services
- ISTA campus housing
- Academic support services
- Career development services
Eligibility Criteria for the ISTA Ph.D. Program
All entries should meet the following requirements to apply for ISTA Ph.D. Program:
- Applicants with a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in science, typically in the following fields, are eligible to apply for the ISTA Ph.D. Program:
- Computer Science
Also, students who graduated from an interdisciplinary or related area as follows can apply:
- Pharmacy, etc.
2. Be proficient in oral and written English communication;
The selection committee evaluates the applicant’s preparedness, potential, and motivation in addition to the followings:
- Undergraduate Performance: The selection committee will determine the overall, with a particular focus on relevant field-specific course performances of the applicants.
- Reference Letters: The professor’s and senior scientists’ recommendation letters
- Statement of Purpose: The applicant’s previous research experience and motivation for applying to this particular Ph.D. program
- Additional Relevant Field-Specific Skills: Demonstrated such as internships, research projects participation, programming languages, participation in science Olympiads, lab techniques, etc.
- Transferable Skills: The transferable skills include communication skills, previous mobility and international experiences, teamwork experience, leadership experience as demonstrated in student organizations, etc.
- Diversity: Examples include a woman in computer science, math, and physics, an applicant who switched fields, etc.
Note: Find more in the instructional manual.
ISTA asks all applicants to upload the following required documents to the application portal:
- Updated CV
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages maximum):Explain the student’s research experience and motivation for applying to the ISTA Ph.D. program. While writing the statement, applicants should specify up to three research groups they find the most interesting. They do not need to contact potential supervisors at this stage.
- University Transcripts and Diplomas: Applicants should submit all degree programs and all the programs they have attended or are currently enrolled in any program. The documents must be in English and the original language.
- Contact Information of 3 Referees
How to Apply Institute of Science and Technology Austria?
To apply for the ISTA Ph.D. Program applicants should create an account on the application portal. The portal lets applicants track their documents through various stages. Please note that ISTA only processes applications to its Ph.D. program once a year.
For more information about the ISTA Ph.D. program, please visit the ISTA website or read the FAQs.
See More Opportunities: