Jefferson Scholars Foundation is glad to introduce you to enriching opportunities through its National Fellowship program for non-US citizens in the United States for the 2023-2024 academic session.
If you want to know more about the Jefferson Scholar program and how you can benefit from it as well as how to apply. This article is fantastic, so make sure you read it to the end.
The Keffer Scholars award is designed to support PhD students carrying out research studies in history, political science, law, communications and media, sociology, political economy, and policy studies. The Jefferson Scholar Foundation provides each fellow with a budget to pay for network events and activities expenses.
About the Jefferson Scholars Foundation
The Jefferson Scholars Foundation is designed to benefit the University of Virginia by identifying, attracting, and nurturing individuals of extraordinary intellectual range and depth. These individuals possess the highest concomitant qualities of leadership, scholarship, and citizenship.
Undergraduates and graduate students at the University of Virginia are nominated by the Jefferson Scholars Foundation for a fully funded scholarship. The Jefferson Scholar Foundation is one of the leading fully funded scholarship programs in the US.
The Foundation was named for the benefactor and Founding Father of the United States, Thomas Jefferson. The scholarship provides a four-year full scholarship to the University of Virginia. In addition to payment of full tuition, materials, housing, and accommodation,
the Jefferson Foundation Scholarship also provides funds for scholars, summer enrichment, independent research, and studying overseas. Every year, the Jefferson Scholars Foundation selects 30 scholars from a direct application pool of 6,000 approved schools, and each school must select one student.
Among the participants are 22 Rhodes Scholars and Marshall Scholars as well as Pulitzer Prize Winners. The Jefferson Foundation Enrichment programs include an institute for leadership & citizenship, travel studies, exploratory funds, internships, and a speaker series.
The Jefferson Scholars Foundation was established in the 1980-1981 academic year by the board of managers of the University of Virginia Alumni Association. The Jefferson Scholars Foundation was a product of the board’s desire to put in place a tangible program that would reflect the educational ideas of Thomas Jefferson.
The Jefferson Scholars Foundation supports world-class graduate students through their fellowship programs: the Jefferson Fellowship Program and the National Fellowship Program.
Jefferson Scholars Foundation: Why should you apply?
There are two scholarship programs (Jefferson Scholars Program and Walentas Scholars Program) for the most deserving undergraduate students at the University of Virginia. Two outstanding scholarship programs encourage the most deserving undergraduate students to pursue their passions and develop their skills and knowledge.
This will be for the benefit of the university and students in the future. In addition, these two programs offer financial assistance, enrichment opportunities, and access to the JSF network of Scholars, Fellows, alumni, and volunteers. These two awards: $133,000 (non-Virginia students)
$177,000 (Virginia students). In addition, stipends are provided to cover full tuition, fees, materials, accommodation, housing, and personal needs.
Jefferson Scholars Foundation Brief Overview
- Name of Organization: Jefferson Scholars Foundation.
- Department: NA
- Program: PhD
- Award: Education Fund
- Mode of application: Online
- Number of awards: NA
- Nationality: Non-U. S. citizens
- Country: USA.
Jefferson Scholars Eligibility Criteria
- All non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply for the award.
- By the Foundation, PhDs will be awarded for courses in history, political economy, sociology, policy studies, communication, and media law.
- Applicants must be Ph. D students with the intent of completing their dissertation at the end of the Fellowship year or have sketched a detailed and workable two-year write-up that is compelling. This does not apply to a post-doctoral fellowship.
- Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply for the award.
- Upon completing the fellowship, each Fellow will assemble a network of scholars that specialize in the area of their research studies as it involves key policy questions.
- There will be a meeting in the fall at U. Va. Or the Hagley for the Galambos Fellows to set the agenda for year-long collaboration and recruitment of additional network members, with a view to setting up online reading groups, workshops, conference panels, symposia, and manuscript workshops.
- A dedicated budget for each fellow pays for network events and activities expenses.
- All fellows will attend residential visits at the Jefferson Scholars Foundation for two weeks except Galambos fellows.
- All fellows will take part in summer boot camps designed to teach valuable skills for advanced leadership in academic life, higher education, nonprofit or government work and education.
- Nevertheless, fellows are required to participate and contribute to the interdisciplinary community of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation.
Also, Check the University of Kent offers British Council Scholarships in Law for Nigerian Students
Jefferson Scholarship Application Process
- Applicants must apply to the Jefferson Scholars Foundation.
- Applicants must submit the required documents via email to: nationalfellows@jeffersonscholars. Org. All completed applications will be considered.
- The following documents are required to be submitted by the applicant:
Applicant information sheet
3 pages of written bibliography
2 pages of written CV
40 pages of Writing Sample
2 letters of recommendation, of which one must be from the advisor.
A personal statement of interest that should not exceed 500 words.
A blog post or op-ed must be 750 words in length.
A written network proposal that must be 1,200 words maximum
Project description of 1,200 words and a research plan of 500 words maximum
- Applicants must have a pre-degree certificate with their grades
- Students must be proficient in the English language.
Benefits of the Jefferson Scholar award
- Successful applicants will be awarded a dedicated budget to pay for food networking events and activities expenses.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the Jefferson Scholar Foundation official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
The University of East Anglia offers Nepal Awards in the UK
The Sasakawa Postgraduate Scholarship for International Students, UK
University of Technology Sydney offers International Students Scholarships in Australia