Katholieke Universiteit Leuven is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. Our university has a well-established reputation for providing exceptional educational opportunities that are both innovative and engaging.
We invite you to join us on a journey towards achieving your academic and career aspirations by enrolling in our esteemed institution.
To ensure that you are fully informed about our admission criteria and the many benefits of studying at our university, we encourage you to carefully review our policies and explore our programs. You can gain a comprehensive understanding of these aspects by visiting our dedicated blog, designed specifically for prospective students. This invaluable resource will equip you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
About Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, also known as the Catholic University of Leuven, was founded in 1425. It is a non-profit public institution of higher education located in the small city of Leuven in Flemish Brabant, Belgium. The university has additional campuses in Ghent, Brussels, and Antwerp.
Accredited by the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training of Belgium, KU Leuven is a coeducational university affiliated with the Christian-Catholic religion. It has over 45,000 students. The university offers a range of degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels across various fields of study.
Admissions are highly selective and are based on academic records and grades. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. KU Leuven offers numerous academic and non-academic facilities and services, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, and administrative support. With a history spanning nearly six centuries, KU Leuven is a well-established and respected higher education institution.
Why should I consider Katholieke Universiteit Leuven?
KU Leuven ranks among the top 100 universities in the world, according to Times Higher Education World Rankings and QS World University Rankings. All university disciplines are in the top 100 in their respective fields. Reuters has recognized KU Leuven as Europe’s most innovative university since 2016.
At KU Leuven, student engagement is highly valued. The university offers various opportunities for students and staff to contribute to society and make a positive impact on vulnerable groups. These contributions can be documented and validated in students’ personal I-portfolios.
KU Leuven’s education is research-based, with students learning from professors actively engaged in groundbreaking research. The university encourages students to conduct their own research and provides access to high-tech machines in the FabLab for free. Thanks to government subsidies,
KU Leuven can keep its tuition fees relatively low, making its programs accessible to the brightest students from around the world.
KU Leuven is a highly international university, with staff and students from over 150 nationalities. The Pangaea student centre provides a supportive community for international students, and the university is committed to diversity and inclusion.
KU Leuven graduates enjoy promising career prospects, with many large international employers recognizing the quality of students produced by the university. The Student Career Centre provides a range of resources to help students transition into the workforce.
KU Leuven is an innovative pioneer in research. It collaborates with other leading universities and prestigious companies to produce groundbreaking work that makes a tangible difference in the world.
KU Leuven provides individual support to students, including assistance with practical matters like housing, transportation, and healthcare.
Located in Europe’s capital, KU Leuven offers easy access to other major international cities and the rest of the world.
The university’s main campus is located in Leuven, a city characterized by its beautiful architecture and vibrant student community. KU Leuven emphasizes interdisciplinary education, offering courses and programs that encourage collaboration between students from different disciplines.
The university supports entrepreneurship and provides resources and opportunities for students with innovative ideas.
KU Leuven continues to invest in state-of-the-art facilities, including libraries, research facilities, and leisure facilities.
KU Leuven has a strong online education and blended learning program, with over 220,000 students from around the world having already taken one of its MOOC courses. The university is committed to integrating cutting-edge learning methods and perfecting teaching methods to enhance the learning experience for students
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven identity
- Name of the university: Katholieke Universiteit LeuvenCatholic University of Leuven
- Acronym: KU Leuven
- Year of creation: 1425 but it was closed in 1797 during the Napoleonic period. Refounded in 1834. In 1968 it was divided into Université catholique de Louvain and KU Leuven.
- Motto: Sedes Sapientiae, Seat of wisdom
- Colours: Blue and white
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Campus Location
3000 Flemish Brabant
BelgiumTel+32 (16) 324 311Fax+32 (16) 324 330Other location Ghent, Brussels and Antwerp
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven tuition details
Academic LevelLocal StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate1,000-2,500 US$1,000-2,500 US$ (750-1,800 Euro)Postgraduate750-1,800 Euro750-1,800 Euro
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Admission Information
- Gender: Both male and female students are welcome (coeducational).
- International Students: International applicants are encouraged to apply for admission.
- Student academic records and grades from their previous education are considered for admission.
- Admission Rate: There is no information available about the admission rate.
- Admission Office Address: Minderbroedersstraat 8, Bus 5005, Leuven 3000.
- Contact Number: 0496749578.
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Enrollment Profile
UniRank has released significant size and profile metrics for Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, summarized below:
- Student Enrollment: More than 45,000 students
- Academic Staff: Over 5,000
- Control Type: Public
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Semester-based
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Religious affiliation: Christian-Catholic
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Facilities and Services
UniRank has provided an outline of the amenities and resources available at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, including:
- Library: Access to the university’s library. Click to visit Katholieke Universiteit Leuven’s Library.
- Housing: Accommodation options.
- Sports Facilities: Facilities for sports and physical activities.
- Financial Aid: Financial assistance options.
- Study Abroad: Opportunities for studying abroad.
- Distance Learning: No information was provided.
- Academic Counseling: Counseling services for academic and personal issues.
- Career Services: Assistance with career development and job opportunities.
- Institutional Hospital: Access to the university’s hospital.
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven accreditation details
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven has obtained legal recognition and accreditation from the Vlaams Ministerie van Onderwijs en Vorming, België.
In addition, the university has also received specialized or programmatic accreditation from the Netherlands-Vlaamse Accreditatieorganisatie (NVAO).
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Affiliations and Membership Details
The following is a list of the memberships and affiliations deemed most significant by UniRank for Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. However, this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive list, please refer to the university’s website or contact them directly.
- European University Association (EUA).
- League of European Research Universities (LERU).
- Coimbra Group
- International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU).
- Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER).
- Open Education Consortium (OEC).
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven’s academic structure
- Faculty of Theology
- Institute of Philosophy
- Faculty of Canon Law
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Bioscience and Engineering
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science
- Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Social Media Platform
- Assess the official Facebook page of Katholieke Universiteit Leuven by reviewing its content and features.
- Evaluate Katholieke Universiteit Leuven’s Twitter page by examining its posts and interactions with followers.
- Analyze the content and quality of Katholieke Universiteit Leuven’s YouTube channel through a review.
- Explore the official Instagram page of Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and critique it.
- Review the main LinkedIn profile of Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and assess its effectiveness in representing the university.
- There is no TikTok account available for Katholieke Universiteit Leuven to review
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit Katholieke Universiteit Leuven’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: