Great Opportunity! Kyoto University’s is thrilled to announce that applications are now open for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024. We invite you to seize this incredible opportunity and embark on a transformative educational journey with us.
To get more updates, visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates. Our primary aim is to empower students and support them in achieving their academic and professional aspirations through innovative means. We extend a warm invitation to you to join us in this extraordinary experience.
To increase your chances of admission, we highly recommend familiarizing yourself with our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Additionally, we strongly encourage you to explore our diverse range of programs, meticulously crafted to cater to various interests. In order to assist you in making well-informed decisions, we have developed a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like yourself.
About Kyoto University
Founded in 1897, Kyoto University is a prestigious public higher education institution situated in the bustling metropolis of Kyoto, Japan, which has a population range of 1,000,000 to 5,000,000 inhabitants. It is officially recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.
With a substantial enrollment of students (between 20,000 and 24,999), Kyoto University is a coeducational institution of significant size. The university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree programs across various fields of study, as indicated in the uniRank degree levels and areas of study table provided below.
Being a Japanese higher-education institution with a rich history of 125 years, Kyoto University maintains a selective admission policy that is based on entrance examinations. The institution’s acceptance rate typically falls within the range of 0-9%, making it highly competitive and discerning in its admissions process. International applicants are also welcome to apply for enrollment at Kyoto University.
In addition to its academic offerings, Kyoto University provides students with a comprehensive array of both academic and non-academic facilities and services. These include a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services, ensuring a well-rounded and supportive educational environment for its students.
Why you should study at Kyoto University?
Kyoto University is a prestigious educational institution located in Kyoto, Japan. It is known for its excellence in research and education across various fields. Many students choose to study at Kyoto University for several reasons:
- Academic Reputation: Kyoto University is internationally recognized for its high academic standards and research output. It consistently ranks among the top universities in Japan and the world.
- Diverse Programs: The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines, including science, engineering, humanities, social sciences, and medicine. Students have the opportunity to pursue their academic interests in a field that aligns with their passion.
- Research Opportunities: Kyoto University is renowned for its research contributions. It provides students with access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources, fostering an environment conducive to groundbreaking research. Engaging in research projects can be an attractive prospect for students interested in pushing the boundaries of knowledge.
- Cultural and Historical Significance: Kyoto, the city where the university is located, is steeped in rich cultural heritage and historical significance. Students studying at Kyoto University have the opportunity to immerse themselves in Japan’s traditional culture while also experiencing the vibrant and modern aspects of the city.
- Global Perspective: Kyoto University actively promotes internationalization and offers numerous opportunities for students to engage in global learning experiences. It collaborates with universities and institutions worldwide, fostering a diverse and multicultural environment on campus.
It’s important to note that my responses are based on general information about Kyoto University and the reasons why students may choose to study there. Individual motivations for studying at a particular university may vary depending on personal preferences, academic goals, and specific circumstances.
Kyoto University’s identity
- Name of the university: Kyoto University
- Name of the university: 京都大学
- Year of creation: 1897
- Motto: Freedom of academic culture
- Colours: Dark blue
Kyoto University Campus Location
Tel +81 (75) 753 7531
Fax +81 (75) 753 2042
Kyoto University Areas of Study and Degree Levels
uniRank Study Areas/Degree Levels Matrix™
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health Sciences
- Science & Technology
Kyoto University tuition details
- uniRank Tuition Range Matrix™
- Undergraduate Postgraduate
- Local Students Not available Not available
- International Students Not available Not available
Kyoto University Admission Information
Admission Information and Statistics
Below is an overview of important details regarding admission policies and statistics at Kyoto University, as published by uniRank.
- Admission Gender:
Kyoto University admits both men and women, making it a coeducational institution.
- Admission Selection:
Kyoto University follows a selective admission policy, which involves assessing applicants through entrance examinations.
- Acceptance Rate:
Kyoto University is an extremely selective higher education institution, with an acceptance rate ranging from 0% to 9%.
- International Admissions:
Kyoto University warmly welcomes international students to apply for admission.
- Admission Office:
For further inquiries and assistance regarding admissions, please contact the Admission Office.
Kyoto University’s Enrollment Profile
- Student Enrollment:
Kyoto University is considered a large-sized institution with a student enrollment ranging from 20,000 to 24,999.
- Academic Staff:
Kyoto University employs a range of 3,000 to 3,499 academic employees (faculty members).
- Control Type:
Kyoto University is a public higher education institution.
- Entity Type:
Kyoto University is a non-profit higher education institution.
- Academic Calendar:
Kyoto University follows a semester-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting:
The main campus of Kyoto University is situated in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation:
Kyoto University is not affiliated with any religious organization.
Kyoto University’s Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services
Kyoto University offers various facilities and services to cater to the needs of its students. Here is an overview:
The university has a well-equipped physical library that provides extensive resources for students.
Details about the availability of housing facilities are not reported.
- Sports Facilities:
Kyoto University boasts sporting facilities and actively organizes sports activities to encourage student participation.
- Financial Aids:
Specific information regarding financial aid options is not reported.
- Study Abroad:
The university provides opportunities for students to participate in study abroad and exchange programs, enhancing their global learning experiences.
- Distance Learning:
No information is available regarding distance learning options at Kyoto University.
- Academic Counseling:
Details about academic counselling services are not reported.
- Career Services:
Specific information regarding career services offered by the university is not available.
Kyoto University’s accreditation details
Institutional Recognition or Accreditation:
Kyoto University holds official recognition and accreditation from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.
Year of Initial Accreditation:
Kyoto University received its first accreditation in 1952.
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations:
Additionally, Kyoto University holds specialized or programmatic accreditations from reputable organizations such as the Japan University Accreditation Association (JUAA) and the National Institution for Academic Degrees and University Evaluation (NIAD-UE).
Kyoto University’s academic structure
- Faculty of Integrated Human Studies
- Faculty of Letters
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of ScienceFaculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Graduate School of Letters
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Law
- Graduate School of Economics
- Graduate School of Science
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Graduate School of Agriculture
- Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies
- Graduate School of Energy Science
- Graduate School of Asian and African Area Studies
- Graduate School of Informatics
- Graduate School of Biostudies
- Graduate School of Advanced Integrated Studies in Human Survivability
- Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies
- School of Government
- Graduate School of Management
- Kyoto University Law School
- Kyoto University School of Public Health
Kyoto University Affiliation and Membership Lists
uniRank provides the following compilation of Kyoto University’s significant memberships and affiliations. However, please note that the list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive roster, we recommend contacting or referring to Kyoto University’s official website.
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU)
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL)
- Open Education Consortium (OEC)
For an updated and complete list, please consult Kyoto University’s website.
Kyoto University Social Media Platforms
uniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and measurements of several social media platforms associated with Kyoto University. These assessments serve as a basis for comparison and aid prospective applicants in making informed choices.
- Facebook: An assessment of Kyoto University’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter: A review of Kyoto University’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube: A comprehensive analysis of Kyoto University’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram: A review of Kyoto University’s authorized Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: A profile overview of Kyoto University’s primary presence on LinkedIn.
- TikTok: Information not available.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the Kyoto Admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: