Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is accepting applications from students who wish to enrol in any program in the Netherlands.
On this page, I will explain to you about Leiden University Excellence Scholarship, its benefits, how to get started with the application process and how to benefit from the scholarship. If you don’t want to miss this golden opportunity, ensure you read this article to the end.
About the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship invites applications from students interested in studying or pursuing a master’s degree at Netherlands University. Leiden Excellence Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship offered to brilliant students. Successful applicants are awarded a sum of €15,000 annually.
The Leiden Excellence Scholarship scholarship is awarded based on the budget accumulated by each department Leiden University Excellence Scholarship was established in 1575 and is known as one of Europe’s leading international research universities.
Its motto is Praesidium Libertatis, which means Bastion of Freedom. Let has seven faculties, including faculties of science, arts and social science located in Leiden and The Hague. The school has more than 6,700 qualified employees and 28,130 students.
Leiden University is a public research university in Leiden, Netherlands. It was founded as a Protestant university in 1575 by William, Prince of Orange, as a reward to the city of Leiden for its defence against Spanish attacks during the Eighty Years’ War.
As the oldest institution of higher education in the Netherlands, it enjoys a solid reputation across Europe and the world.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Summary
- Area of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Leiden University
- Study Residence: Netherlands
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship offers the following courses; Humanities, Archaeology, Medicine/LUMC, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Governance and Global Affairs, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
- Duration: the maximum period of a 1-year program is 12 months and the maximum period of a 2-year program is 24 months.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Benefits
Provides successful applicants are entitled to the following benefits
- €15,000 covers the tuition fee
- €10,000 covers the tuition fee
Eligibility for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
For you to qualify for a Leiden University Scholarship scholarship, you must fulfil the following conditions: –
- Language: English
- Country: Include Non-European Union/European Economic Area International students.
- Your academic results must be in accordance with the program you are pursuing. For an accredited program, you must be in the top 10%.
- You must have had strong academic results in your previous education to qualify for a master’s program. In addition, you must be among the top 10% in your graduate program at your previous school.
- You must hold a non-EU/EEA passport and cannot be approved for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans. Exclusion of Advanced Masters. Nevertheless, Leiden Excellence Scholarship applies to students of different nationalities.
- It is not possible to continue the scholarship program if the student changes his or her degree program. Your request will be assessed and the final determination will be made by the Faculty Selection Committee.
- In the event the change is made before you register for the program, the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship will be terminated and you must reapply for the scholarship.
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is only available to students enrolled in a full-time study program for the duration of the program.
- Where Leiden University Scholarship has been granted in accordance with the academic year, it cannot be transferred to another academic year.
- You are not allowed to combine more than one application for a scholarship at once. You are not entitled to more than one scholarship provided by Leiden University.
- You must follow the instructions provided for a Dutch visa.
- Students who are enrolled in a master’s program for the second phase are ineligible for Leiden Excellence Scholarship
- When a student’s nationality or place of residence changes, Leiden University should be contacted as soon as possible.
- Where you revoked the study before its expiration, requests for a refund of tuition fees should be made directly to Leiden University.
- In the course of the program at Leiden University, you must participate fully in any activities that enhance the betterment of the Scholarship
- Applicants are required to accept the Leiden University Scholarship by filling out the scholarship Acceptance form
How to apply for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
- Apply for online admission
- In your application form, indicate that you wish to apply for Leiden Excellence Scholarship
- Upload your motivation letter which must be 500 words in a doc
- Proceed to submit your online application before the deadline for the Leiden Excellence Scholarship application.
- If you wish to apply for more than one study program, ensure you state this in your Leiden Excellence Scholarship application form with each application for those courses. Also, each of them should have a motivation letter.
To get information about the Scholarship, please Leiden University scholarship official website.