Fantastic Opportunity Ahead! Louisiana State University is delighted to announce that applications are now open for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates. Our main goal is to empower students and provide unwavering support to help them achieve their academic and professional goals.
We are dedicated to delivering an innovative and transformative educational experience, and we warmly invite you to embark on this extraordinary journey with us.
To increase your chances of admission, we strongly advise you to familiarize yourself with our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Moreover, we highly encourage you to explore our diverse range of programs, thoughtfully designed to cater to a wide range of interests. To help you make well-informed decisions, we have curated a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like you
About Louisiana State University
Louisiana State University, established in 1860, is a non-profit public institution of higher education situated in Baton Rouge, a small city in Louisiana with a population ranging from 50,000 to 249,999 inhabitants. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
LSU is a coeducational university with a substantial student enrollment (uniRank enrollment range: 35,000-39,999 students). LSU offers a wide range of degree programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees, across various fields of study. Refer to the table below for more information on the degree levels and areas of study provided by the university.
With a history spanning 163 years, LSU follows a selective admission policy, considering entrance examinations, academic records, and grades of prospective students. The acceptance rate falls within the range of 70-79%, making LSU a moderately selective institution. International students are encouraged to apply for enrollment at LSU.
The university provides numerous academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as a library, on-campus housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative support.
Why study at Louisiana State University?
There are several reasons why studying at Louisiana State University (LSU) can be a great choice. Here are a few key reasons:
- Academic Excellence: LSU is known for its academic rigour and offers a wide range of programs and majors across various disciplines. The university has highly regarded faculties, and many of its programs are nationally ranked. Whether you’re interested in business, engineering, humanities, sciences, or the arts, LSU provides a strong academic foundation.
- Research Opportunities: LSU is a leading research institution with numerous opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to engage in research projects. The university is involved in various fields of research, including energy, coastal restoration, health sciences, and more. Engaging in research can enhance your learning experience, provide valuable skills, and open doors for future career opportunities.
- Campus and Facilities: The LSU campus is beautiful and provides a vibrant and dynamic learning environment. The university has state-of-the-art facilities, including modern classrooms, research laboratories, libraries, athletic facilities, and student centres. The campus also offers a variety of extracurricular activities and organizations to enhance your college experience.
- Strong Alumni Network: LSU has a large and active alumni network. Connecting with alumni can provide you with valuable networking opportunities, mentorship, and potential career prospects. LSU alumni are spread across various industries and can offer guidance and support as you navigate your professional journey.
- Sports Culture and Spirit: LSU is known for its strong sports culture, particularly in football. If you’re a sports enthusiast, being part of the LSU community can be an exciting experience. Attending games, participating in tailgating events, and supporting the Tigers can foster a sense of belonging and school spirit.
- Louisiana Culture and Location: Studying at LSU offers you the chance to immerse yourself in the unique culture of Louisiana. From the vibrant music scene to the diverse cuisine and rich history, Louisiana has a lot to offer. The location of LSU also provides easy access to nearby cities like New Orleans and Baton Rouge, where you can explore cultural events, festivals, and recreational opportunities.
It’s important to thoroughly research and consider your personal academic and career goals, as well as factors like tuition, campus life, and location, to determine if LSU is the right fit for you. Visiting the campus, attending information sessions, and talking to current students or alumni can also provide valuable insights to help you make an informed decision.
Louisiana State University’s identity
- Name of the university: Louisiana State University
- Acronyms: LSU
- Year of creation: 1860
- Colours: purple and gold
Louisiana State University Campus Location
Address: 156 Thomas Boyd Hall
Tel +1 (225) 578 3202
Fax +1 (225) 578 4433
Louisiana State University Study Areas and Levels
UniRank Study Areas and Degree Levels Matrix™
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
Louisiana State University tuition details
Annual Tuition Ranges by Degree Level
uniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ Degree Level Undergraduate Postgraduate Local Students 10,000-12,499 US$ (9,110-11,390 Euro) 12,500-14,999 US$ (11,390-13,670 Euro) International Students 25,000-29,999 US$ (22,780-27,340 Euro) 25,000-29,999 US$ (22,780-27,340 Euro)
Louisiana State University Admission Information
- Admission Policy and Statistics Overview
Below is an overview of the key information regarding the admission policy and statistics at Louisiana State University (LSU).
- Admission Gender
LSU is a coeducational institution, that admits both men and women.
- Admission Selection
LSU follows a selective admission policy. The selection process takes into account entrance examinations, as well as students past academic records and grades.
- Acceptance Rate
LSU’s acceptance rate falls within the range of 70-79%. This places the institution as moderately selective in terms of higher education admissions.
- Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission, the following requirements must be met:
- A secondary school GPA is required.
- Secondary school rank is considered but not required.
- A secondary school record is required.
- Completion of a college-preparatory program is recommended.
- Recommendations are required.
- Formal demonstration of competencies is neither required nor recommended.
- Admission test scores are required.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required.
- Other tests (such as Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.) are neither required nor recommended.
LSU warmly welcomes applications from international students.
Baton Rouge 70803
Phone: (225) 578 1175
Please note that the above information is subject to change. It is advisable to contact the Admission Office directly for the most up-to-date and accurate details regarding the admission process at LSU.
Louisiana State University Enrollment Profile
- Student Enrollment:
Louisiana State University is classified as a very large-sized institution with a student enrollment range of 35,000-39,999.
- Academic Staff:
The institution employs a range of 1,500-1,999 academic employees (faculty members).
- Control Type:
Louisiana State University is a publicly funded higher education institution.
- Entity Type:
Louisiana State University is a non-profit higher education institution.
- Academic Calendar:
The institution follows a semesters-based academic calendar.
- Land Grant Institution:
Louisiana State University is a land-grant university that places special emphasis on education and research in agriculture, engineering, and related fields. Land-grant universities are known for their strong commitment to public service and outreach.
- Campus Setting:
The main campus of Louisiana State University is located in an urban setting.
- High Disabled Students Percentage:
Louisiana State University has a notable percentage of disabled students, indicating its commitment to providing a disability-friendly environment.
- Religious Affiliation:
Louisiana State University is not affiliated with any religious organization.
Louisiana State University Carnegie Classification
According to uniRank, Louisiana State University holds the official Carnegie classification as follows:
- Basic Classification: Doctoral Universities with Very High Research Activity
- Size & Setting: A four-year, large institution primarily focused on residential education
- Enrollment Profile: Predominantly composed of high undergraduate students
- Undergraduate Profile: A selective institution that primarily accepts four-year, full-time students with minimal transfer-in
- Undergraduate Instructional Program: Offers a balanced curriculum encompassing arts and sciences as well as professional disciplines, with a notable presence of graduate programs
- Graduate Instructional Program: Provides comprehensive research-based doctoral programs, including medical and veterinary schools.
LSU Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services
Louisiana State University offers a range of facilities and services to support its students’ educational journey. Here is an overview of what they provide:
Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College have a well-equipped library system with three branches. The library houses a vast collection of physical materials, including books and other mediums, as well as a wide selection of digital/electronic resources. As of 2021, the library boasted 2,755,252 physical volumes, 1,081,835 physical media items, 3,183 digital/electronic media items, and access to 370 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library is managed by a dedicated team of 124 full-time employees, including 62 librarians. The annual expenditure for library resources exceeds $100,000. Source: IPDES.
Louisiana State University provides various housing options to its students. They offer on-campus residences or dormitories, as well as off-campus accommodations. In the 2021 academic year, the university had a total dormitory capacity of approximately 8,657 students. Source: IPDES.
- Sports Facilities:
The university is equipped with sporting facilities that cater to the interests and recreational needs of its students. They organize sports activities to promote physical well-being and active engagement among the student body.
- Financial Aid:
Louisiana State University offers a range of financial aid options to eligible students. These may include scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, emergency financial aid, and other forms of support to assist students in their educational pursuits.
- Study Abroad:
The university provides opportunities for students to engage in study abroad and exchange programs. These programs offer valuable experiences for cultural immersion, academic enrichment, and personal growth.
- Distance Learning:
Louisiana State University offers distance learning options for certain programs or courses. They provide fully online programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, allowing students to pursue their education remotely. Source: IPDES.
- Academic Counseling:
Students at Louisiana State University receive academic guidance and support to help them succeed in their studies. The institution provides counselling services to assist students in their academic pursuits, ensuring they receive the necessary guidance to make informed decisions.
- Career Services:
The university offers comprehensive career services to prepare students for their professional lives. These services include career counselling, career assessments, job and internship postings, career events, alumni networking opportunities, and other resources to facilitate a successful transition from academic life to the professional world.
Louisiana State University accreditation details
Institutional Recognition and Accreditation at Louisiana State University:
Louisiana State University holds both institutional recognition and accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, which is legally acknowledged.
Year of Initial Accreditation:
Louisiana State University received its first accreditation in 2015.
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations:
Furthermore, Louisiana State University has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from reputable organizations, including:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
These specialized accreditations demonstrate the university’s commitment to meeting rigorous standards set by these respective accrediting bodies in the fields of business, law, computing, and engineering.
Louisiana State University’s academic structure
- College of Agriculture
- College of Arts and Science
- College of Science
- College of Humanities and Social Science
- College of Human Sciences and Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Music and Dramatic Arts
- The Graduate School
- School of Veterinary Medicine
- E.J Ourso College of Business
- Ogden Honors College
- Manship School of Mass Communication
- LSU Online
- College of the Coast and Environment
- University College
- LSU Hebert Law Center
Louisiana State University Affiliation and Membership Lists
The memberships and affiliations of Louisiana State University (LSU) are as follows, based on information available up until 2021. However, please note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive and up-to-date list, it is advisable to contact or refer to LSU’s official website.
- Louisiana State University System (LSU System)
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
For the most accurate and complete information regarding LSU’s memberships and affiliations, please refer to LSU’s official website.
Louisiana State University Social Media Platforms
uniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and measurements of various social media platforms associated with Louisiana State University. These assessments serve as a useful reference for comparison and an additional tool for prospective applicants to make informed decisions.
A review of Louisiana State University’s official Facebook page.
An evaluation of Louisiana State University’s official Twitter page.
A comprehensive analysis of Louisiana State University’s official YouTube channel.
An appraisal of Louisiana State University’s official Instagram page.
An assessment of Louisiana State University’s primary LinkedIn profile.
Currently not available.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit Louisiana State University’s admission official websites to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: