Applications for the academic year 2023-2024 are now open at Lowa State University. Our institution takes pride in offering a dynamic and innovative approach to education.
We warmly invite you to join our esteemed university and embark on a fulfilling journey to achieve your academic and career goals.
We encourage you to explore our admission procedures and discover the numerous advantages of studying with us. To gain a comprehensive understanding of our admission policies and benefits, we highly recommend checking out our exceptional blog designed specifically for prospective students. This invaluable resource will provide you with all the information you need.
About Lowa State University
Iowa State University, founded in 1858, is a public, not-for-profit educational institution situated in the urban area of Ames, Iowa. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and has a large coeducational student population (enrollment range: 35,000-39,999).
The university offers various degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate levels across multiple areas of study. Admission to the institution is selective and is based on entrance exams, past academic records, and grades. However, with an admission rate range of 90-100%, it is considered a less selective university.
Iowa State University is open to international applicants as well. It provides numerous academic and non-academic facilities and services for students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why should I consider Lowa State University?
Engineering faculty members collaborate with, such as the Bioeconomy Institute, the Nanovaccine Institute, and the Center for Biorenewable Chemicals. Iowa State University is also home to over 800 student organizations, making it a vibrant and diverse community.
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Iowa State University boasts nationally and internationally renowned faculty members who excel in teaching, research, and mentoring. The department’s faculty is diverse, with approximately 35 per cent women and underrepresented minorities.
This includes award-winning educators, researchers, authors, inventors, and leaders in professional societies, journal editorial boards, and consulting firms. The faculty’s research expertise covers a wide range of areas, such as biorenewables, renewable energy, nanomaterials, health care technology,
biomedical engineering, catalysis and reaction engineering, and computational fluid dynamics. The department provides an enriching undergraduate curriculum that incorporates cutting-edge research concepts, with opportunities for undergraduates to engage in research projects alongside faculty members.
The department’s exceptional facilities and resources support student success, including modern laboratories, advanced computing environments, and state-of-the-art research facilities. Sweeney Hall, the department’s home, features 44,000-plus square feet of laboratory and office space, including advanced teaching laboratories, with excellent computing facilities available to undergraduate students.
Iowa State University, a prestigious land-grant institution founded in 1858, receives over $287 million in external funding annually and hosts several nationally recognized interdisciplinary centres and institutes that the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering collaborates with, such as the Bioeconomy Institute, the Nanovaccine Institute, and the Center for Biorenewable Chemicals
Iowa State University Identity
- Name of the university: Lowa State University
- Acronym: LSU
- Year of creation: 1858
- Motto: Science with practice
- Colours: Cardinal and gold
Iowa State University Campus Location
Address 1750 Beardshear Hall
United StatesTel+1 (515) 294 4111Fax+1 (515) 294 2592
Iowa State University Study Areas and Degree Levels:
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Lowa State University tuition details
Level of StudyLocal StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate7,500-10,000 US$ (5,500-7,400 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)Postgraduate10,000-12,500 US$ (7,400-9,200 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)
Lowa State University Admission Information
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women. International students are also encouraged to apply for admission.
- The selection process is based on entrance examinations and past academic records and grades.
- To be considered for admission, applicants must have a secondary school GPA, rank, and record, as well as completion of a college-preparatory program.
- Recommendations and a formal demonstration of competencies are optional.
- Admission test scores and TOEFL scores are required, while other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are not necessary.
- The admission rate is high, typically 90 to 100 per cent.
- The Admission Office is located at 100 Enrollment Services Center, Ames 50011-2011, and can be contacted at (515) 294 5836 or 800 262 3810.
Lowa State University Carnegie Classification
- UniRank has provided the official Carnegie classification of Iowa State University, which is categorized as a “Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.”
- This classification was previously known as “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive” in the 2000 Carnegie Classification.
- Lowa State University is a residential, large institution that offers undergraduate programs.
- It has a high proportion of undergraduate students, who are typically full-time and come from a more selective admissions process or transfer from other institutions.
- Iowa State University’s undergraduate program includes a mix of professions and arts & sciences courses and has a high level of interaction with graduate programs.
- The graduate program offers a balanced curriculum between arts & sciences and professions and also has a high level of interaction with undergraduate programs.
Lowa State University Enrollment Profile
Below are some key size and profile indicators for Iowa State University, as reported by UniRank:
- Student enrollment: 35,000-39,999
- Academic staff: 1,500-1,999
- Control type: Public stateEntity type: Non-profit
- Academic calendar: Semesters
- Campus setting: urban.
- Land grant institution: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
LSU Facilities and Service
UniRank provides an overview of Iowa State University facilities and services:
- Library: Iowa State University has a library with both physical and digital/electronic resources. As of 2018, the library’s physical collection includes 2,753,002 volumes and 4,778,852 media items, along with access to 287 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library has three branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available for students at Iowa State University, with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 11,653 students during the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: Iowa State University offers sports facilities for its students.
- Financial Aid: Iowa State University provides financial aid to its students.
- Study Abroad: Iowa State University has programs in place to facilitate study abroad opportunities for its students.
- Distance Learning: Iowa State University offers distance learning options for students who cannot attend classes on campus.
- Academic Counseling: Students at Iowa State University can receive academic counselling services.
- Career Services: Iowa State University offers career services to its students.
- Institutional Hospital: Iowa State University does not have an institutional hospital.
Lowa State University accreditation details
Year of initial accreditation: 1858
Accreditations for specialized programs:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Accredited Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
- American Chemical Society (ACS).
Lowa State University Affiliations and Membership Details
Lowa State University’s memberships and affiliations are extensive and compiled by UniRank. It should be noted that the list may not be exhaustive or current. For a complete and updated list, please visit Iowa State University’s official website. Some of the notable memberships and affiliations include the
- Association of American Universities (AAU)
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA)
- National Athletic Association (NAA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Lowa State University’s academic structure
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Design
- College of Engineering
- College of Human Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts and Science
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate college
Iowa State University Social Media Platform
Evaluate Iowa State University’s official presence on various social media platforms:
- Facebook: Check out Iowa State University’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter: Check out Iowa State University’s official Twitter account.
- YouTube: Check out Iowa State University’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram: Check out Iowa State University’s verified page on Instagram.
- LinkedIn: Check out Iowa State University’s main profile.
- TikTok: Currently, there is no official presence of Iowa State University on TikTok.
To get more information about admission, kindly visit Lowa State University’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: