The Managing Global Governance (MGG) is designed for highly skilled young professionals working at MGG network partner institutions or in institutions interested in future collaboration. This program is sponsored by the German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS)
If you wish to apply for this program kindly read this article to the end for easy steps on how to apply.
The Managing Global Governance (MGG) is designed for highly skilled young professionals working at MGG network partner institutions or in institutions interested in future collaboration.
The MGG Academy is a platform for training and communication for highly skilled young professionals from Europe and emerging nations. It helps aspiring change agents who are committed to world peace and a shift toward sustainability. The MGG Academy’s basic values center on addressing global concerns through fostering trust, learning from many viewpoints, and together providing solutions.
The German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS) in Bonn, Germany, will host the MGG Academy, from August 17 to December 3, 2023.
- Hosted by: German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS)
- Deadline: 5 March 2023
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Duration: From August 17 to December 3, 2023
- Age Limit: 25 to 40 years
- Eligible Nations: Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa
Benefits of the Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy 2023 for Young Professionals
- A life-long network: Participants in MGG establish close relationships with their colleagues and have access to the MGG network of organizations.
- A dialogue-oriented and interactive approach: The Academy integrates a wide range of working techniques, including hands-on learning, interactive methods, instruction, expert lectures and panel debates, study excursions, and peer coaching.
- A global learning journey: Participants learn from peers from various national and sectoral backgrounds as they explore options for implementing the 2030 Agenda and extend their perspectives.
- Global viewpoint and staff qualification are provided by MGG Alumni, who also gives an international network. They have honed their leadership skills and have a strong grasp of how to solve global governance concerns in the work of their institutions
- .Possibilities for novel kinds of collaboration: on avant-garde thoughts, ideas, and initiatives.
- Participation in a dynamic worldwide network of organizations from developing nations and Germany/Europe that support the realization of the 2030 Agenda.
The German Federal Government offers scholarships to the MGG Academy participants. During the training in Germany, the scholarship will pay for all MGG-related expenditures, travel costs within Europe, and health, accident, and personal liability insurances.
The scholarship guarantees a decent level of living while studying in Germany. Yet, neither on a journey to Germany nor at home is it adequate to financially assist families or relatives.
The scholarship specifically includes:
- Participation across all aspects.
- Accommodation throughout the entire course.
- Monthly stipends to help with living expenses.
- Insurances for health, accidents, and personal responsibility.
- A monthly pass for local transportation.
Eligibility Criteria for the Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy 2023 for Young Professionals
Potential participants should have the following criteria:
- Applicant must identify as a citizen or legal resident of one of the participating nations.(Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa).
- Must possess the backing of their boss (written support required as part of the application).
- You must possess a deep enthusiasm for sustainable development and international collaboration.
- You must be prepared to engage in a rigorous, full-time program (8 hours per day, 40 weekly working hours).
- Work for an institution that is a partner in the MGG network or is open to future collaboration.
- Possess a knowledge of the English language at a high level (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR).
- Must be age range of 25 to 40 years (older applicants, who have taken longer periods of parental leave, may be considered).
- Must possess a minimum of three years of work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognized).
Please provide the following files with your online application as PDF attachments:
- Application Form Part 1: The applicant must fill out and sign this form.
- Application Form Part 2: Must be completed, stamped, and signed by the employer.
- Diplomas: Copies of university degrees or the highest professional credentials (in English or a translation into English).
- Curriculum Vitae: Aside from publications (if applicable).
- Passport Copy: Please send a copy of your passport’s primary pages.
Please carefully read the general information and participation requirements (founded here)before completing the application form. Both you and your employer must sign the document. Please be prepared to submit your papers when you begin to fill out the application form.
For more information about Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy 2023, kind;y visit the IDOS’s official website.
See More Opportunities: