The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is now open to nationals of certain developing countries with the necessary professional experience and a track record of helping their governments’ development initiatives.
If you wish to apply for this Master of Urban Design Field Scholarship then make sure you read this article to end for easy steps on how to apply.
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is now open to nationals of certain developing countries with the necessary professional experience and a track record of helping their governments’ development initiatives. The Master of Urban Design Field at the University of Hong Kong offers scholarships to those interested in applying.
Urban design is becoming its unique field of expertise. For drastic urban difficulties, the Master of Urban Design (MUrbanDesign) program offers instruction in creating the built environment. The Department of Urban Planning and Design at the Faculty of Architecture at The University of Hong Kong provides Master of Urban Design as a one-year, full-time postgraduate program.
- Offered by: University of Hong Kong
- Scholarship by: Joint Japan and World Bank
- Deadline for Scholarship: 28 February 2023Duration: One year
- Type: Scholarship
- Eligible Nations for Scholarship: Be a citizen of a developing country (Afghanistan included)
Benefit of the Master of Urban Design Field Scholarship
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship recipients will get the following benefits:
- Economy-class plane travel from your nation to the host university is provided at the start of your study program and shortly after the end of the scholarship year. Additionally, each trip will cost $500 US in travel reimbursement and include two round-way plane tickets.
- The cost of your graduate program and your university’s basic health insurance.
- A monthly subsistence payment is given during the scholarship duration to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The size of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Eligibility criteria for Master of Urban Design Field Scholarships
The following criteria are necessary for applying for the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship (JJ/WBGSP):
- You must be a resident of one of the World Bank-affiliated developing nations on this list.
- Must not hold dual citizenship in any developed country.
- Must be in a state of excellent health
- Must have earned a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) at least three years before the application deadline.
- Possess a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree and have worked in the development field for at least three years recently.
- When you submit your scholarship application, you should already be working full-time, for pay, on development-related projects.
- Must have achieved a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent degree from an accredited university) within the last three years and six years before the application deadline. Within the last three years and
- The letter of admission must be included before submitting your application.
- Mother, Father, Sister, Half-Sister, Brother, Half-Brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew are all “closely related.” Additionally, you cannot hold the position of Executive Director, their Deputy, or staff for any World Bank Group assignment.
Documents Requirement for Master of Urban Design Field Scholarships
- One Online Application to be Filled Out (found in apply now button below).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Proof confirming the applicant’s eligibility during the most recent development-related activity years.
- Transcripts for the applicant’s Bachelor’s degree and, if applicable, their most recent graduate degree are required. (Never substitute a transcript for a diploma through upload or utilize one.
- Without regard to finances, an unconditional letter of admission to the master’s program in the JJ/WBGSP participant for the upcoming academic year.
How to Apply?
Click the apply now button to apply.
For more information about the Master of Urban Design Field Scholarship, kindly visit the Hong Kong University’s website.
See More Opportunities: