The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Program for Leadership Development is now open for applications. This Scholarship Program helps African students to further their education in any other African country outside their own. For easy steps on how to apply for MINDS Scholarship for African Countries click here.
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Program for Leadership Development is now open for applications. Having introduced the MINDS Scholarship Program successfully in 2017, Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) aim of creating young leaders with a perspective on the development of the whole continent and leaders who can advance greater cooperation among African nations came to fulfilment.
The Scholarship Program helps African students to further their education in any other African country outside their own, providing them the opportunity to become fully focused in the richness and diversity of the country and its people. They anticipate a rise in intellectual curiosity and the emergence of a group of leaders with similar views who will want to improve education access and increase the continent’s performance.
- Organized by: Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS)
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
- Host Countries: African Countries
Leadership and Developments.
Benefits of the Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarships
The following costs may be partially or fully covered by the scholarship depending on whether a partly or fully funded scholarship is granted:
- Tuition Fee
- Accommodation stipend and Feeding
- One return flight per study period
- A fixed stipend
Eligibility Criteria for MINDS Scholarships:
- You must be an African citizen who resides in an African nation.
- You must have received official acceptance from one or more MINDS-preferred institutions not in your home country or place of birth.
- You must have received official acceptance from one or more MINDS-recommended institutions to start postgraduate study in the upcoming year.
- You must obtained at least 70% in each topic or course throughout the preceding two academic years.
- You must conduct analysis
- By the inquiries and requirements on the application form, you must provide proof of your demonstrated leadership skills or potential.
- You must complete the online application form and send it with all necessary supporting materials.
List of preferred Institutions:
To be eligible for a MINDS Scholarship, You must have been accepted to study at 1 of the following universities
- Makerere University in Uganda
- Strathmore University in Kenya
- African Leadership University in Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda
- The University of Mauritius in Mauritius
- The University of Witwatersrand in South Africa
- African Leadership
- University in Mauritius
- The University of Cape Town in South Africa
- Université Cadi Ayyad in Morocco
- Université Mohammed V in Morocco
- Al Akhawayn University in Morocco
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School) in Nigeria
- University of Development Studies in Ghana
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Ghana
Documents Requirement for MINDS Scholarships:
You must have the following papers scanned, stored, and ready for upload. All files that are submitted must be in PDF format. A maximum of 2MB should be allowed for each attachment.
- The exact information page from your passport
- A certified copy of your most recent two years’ academic transcripts or results in slips
- A duplicate of the letter of acceptance from the university; applicant must be the recipient, State the degree the candidate has been approved for, State which academic year the degree will start in, and Indicate how long the course will last (e.g., one year).
- A copy of a valid study visa or permission OR application documentation (optional).
- A thorough CV/Resume of no more than four single-sided pages.
- Two letters of recommendation, no longer than three pages each, affirming to your moral character, technical proficiency, leadership potential, and dedication to the advancement of Africa.
How to apply for MINDS Scholarships?
Applicant that meet the requirements can apply by clicking the Apply Now button below.
Note: An email letting you know you’ve received the application will be sent to the applicant. MINDS will contact you as soon as possible after you submit your application, usually within two months.
For more information about MINDS Scholarship for African Countries, kindly visit the MINDS’ website.
See more Scholarships Opportunities:
Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship for
Turkey Scholarships for Afghanistan and International Students – 2023-
Ban Ki-Moon Scholarship on SDGs-Master’s Studies at MCI