2023 Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute Summer Internship Program (MBARI) for Students and Educators Summer Internship Program are available for international applicant apply. This provides a very good opportunity for both undergraduate, graduate and educators. for easy step on how to apply click on this link.
The Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)‘s Summer Internship Program are available for international applicant to apply. This Internship is a very good opportunity for skilful undergraduate and graduate-level students and educators. At MBARI, The program permit interns to work directly with scientists, engineers, and communicators.
The interns are involved in collective teams during the internship program as they learn engineering techniques, innovative research, and advanced communication skill. The MBARI’s state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, such as research vessels, remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), and Autonomous underwater vehicles, are ready for participants to co-work on professional research and development projects. Furthermore, for 10-weeks a mentor from Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) will be there to supervise each intern on a specific project. The Interns also serve as peer mentors to each other. The Interns will benefit from an hour-paid stipend for the full-time program. Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) may also give accommodation for those interns out of the area.
Providing interns and developing the general good of the oceanographic community is the main objective of this program.
- Application Start: 05 June 2023 Application
- Deadline: 11 August 2023 Program
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Organizer: Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)
- Location: America, California
- Funding Type: Partially-funded.
Currently, the following projects are available for the year:
- Biology and Ecology of Seamount Ecosystem
- Data Science/Engineering
- Environmental DNA
- Automated classification of deep-sea imagery
- Science Communication Intern
- Bioinspired Design
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Autonomous coastal profiling float (CPF)
- Intern logistical coordinator
- GO-BGC Adopt-A-Float project
- Ocean Vision AI
- Ocean Soundscape Research
- 3D Positioning system
- Scalable Marine Robotics.
Benefits Of The Program
Interns will benefit the following from the Internship:
- There will be provision of payment ($17/hour for last year’s program);
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) may provide accommodation;
- There will be a grant from the Maxwell/Hanrahan Foundation for interns with STEM-related backgrounds and David and Lucile Packard Foundation;
- There will be support and supervision of project by the expert mentors to the intern;
- Work experience with world-class scientists, engineers, and communicators;
- Other non-capitalistic benefits.
To qualify for this program applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You must be with any nationality;
- You must be undergraduate or graduate students or educators;
- You must be at least 18 years old when the program starts;
- If you are accepted for this program, international applicants must hold a work visa (MBARI doesn’t assist visas, tickets, and international travel costs).
Participants must submit the following document (preferably in pdf format)
- A cover letter: your cover letter should have a statement of your research interest, contact information, relevant coursework, and grades received – transcript is not required. Do not give boring and simple biographies, and talk about your experiences and how they assist you in reaching your goal. Also, share your thoughts and discuss how you wish to use your upbringing, background, and life experiences to enhance your internship experiences. Applicants must also indicate their project preferences in the cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Include relevant academic background and work experiences, leadership, honours, activities, and training and skills.
Sell yourself, Write explanations of experiences with a focus on achievements and end products, Customize your CV or resume for your audience and make use of consistent formatting.
- A recommendation Letter: Please request the author to write your name in the email’s subject line if it is an electronic letter sent directly by the author.
Most importantly have a genuine relationships and personal connections with the writer. make sure the letter to be from someone who knows you or has supervised you in a job or Internship.
- A completed online application form: Click here to fill and submit it.
How to Apply For Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute Summer Internship Program?
Applicants should provide all required documents listed above (except the online application form, which must be filled and submitted online) and send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete or timely submissions will be considerable.
See More Opportunities