North Carolina State University welcomes applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. Join our vibrant and forward-thinking academic community, where you can unlock limitless possibilities and realize your full potential.
We encourage you to delve into our admissions process and explore the numerous advantages of studying at our esteemed institution. Our blog offers valuable insights into our admissions procedures and showcases the diverse benefits of attending North Carolina State University.
About North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University, established in 1887, is a non-profit public state higher-education institution situated in the urban surroundings of Raleigh, a medium-sized city with a population range of 250,000-499,999 inhabitants in North Carolina. NCSU, officially accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is a large coeducational higher education institution in the US.
It has an enrollment range of 35,000-39,999 students. The university offers a range of degree programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees across various fields of study. NCSU admission is selective and considers entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades.
The admission rate ranges from 40-50%, making it an average selective institution. The university welcomes international students to apply for enrollment. It provides various academic and non-academic facilities, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. NCSU has been serving students for 136 years.
Why choose North Carolina State University
There are several reasons to consider studying at North Carolina State University:
- Strong Academic Programs: North Carolina State University (NC State) offers over 300 undergraduate and graduate degree programs across 12 colleges, including highly ranked programs in engineering, agriculture and life sciences, textiles, management, design, and more.
- Research Opportunities: NC State is a research-intensive university with a strong focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. As a student, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art research facilities and opportunities to work with faculty on cutting-edge projects.
- Career Development: NC State has a strong career services department that helps students with career exploration, job search strategies, internships, and more. The university also has strong industry partnerships that provide students with opportunities for hands-on learning and networking.
- Campus Life: NC State’s campus is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is a vibrant and diverse city with a thriving arts and culture scene, numerous outdoor recreation opportunities, and a strong economy. On campus, students can join over 700 clubs and organizations, including sports teams, Greek life, and academic clubs.
- Affordability: NC State is a public university that offers competitive tuition rates for both in-state and out-of-state students. Additionally, the university offers a variety of scholarships and financial aid packages to make education more accessible and affordable.
Overall, NC State is an excellent choice for students looking for a top-ranked university with strong academic programs, research opportunities, career development services, vibrant campus life, and affordable tuition rates.
North Carolina State University’s Identity
- Name of the university: North Carolina State University
- Acronym: NCSU
- Year of creation: 1887
- Motto: Think and Do
- Colours: Red and white
North Carolina State University Campus Location
Address: 2110 Hillsborough Street
27695-7001 North Carolina
Tel+1 (919) 515 2011Fax+1 (919) 515 5039
North Carolina State University Areas of Study & Degree Levels
UniRank’s Matrix™ of Study Areas and Degree Levels includes the following categories for both undergraduate and postgraduate levels:
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Medicine & Health Sciences
- Science & Technology
North Carolina State University Tuition Details
- The UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ provides an overview of the yearly tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs, categorized by students’ nationality and level of study.
- For local undergraduate students, the tuition range is between 7,500-10,000 US$ (5,500-7,400 Euro), while for local postgraduate students, it is between 10,000-12,500 US$ (7,400-9,200 Euro).
- International students, both undergraduate and postgraduate, have tuition ranges exceeding 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro).
North Carolina State University Admission Requirements
University Admission Requirements:
- The University welcomes applications from both men and women (CoEd), including international students. Admission selection is based on students’ past academic records and grades, as well as entrance examinations.
- To be eligible for admission, applicants must have completed a college-preparatory program and provide secondary school records. While recommendations and formal demonstration of competencies are not required or recommended, admission test scores and a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are recommended and required, respectively.
- Applicants are recommended to have a secondary school GPA and rank. Other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III are not required or recommended.
- The University has an admission rate of 40-50% and interested students may contact the admission office at Campus Box 7103, Raleigh 27695-7103, or call (919) 515-2434 for more information.
North Carolina State University Enrollment Profile
- Enrollment: 35,000-39,999 students
- Faculty: 2,500-2,999
- academic staff Control:
- Public State Entity: Non-Profit
- Calendar: Semesters
- Location: Urban campus setting
- Land Grant: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
North Carolina State University Carnegie Classification
- The updated Carnegie Classification describes this institution as of the “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity” type.
- In the 2000 classification, it was categorized as “Doctoral/Research Universities–Extensive.”
- This is a four-year, primarily residential institution that is considered large in size.
- The majority of students enrolled are undergraduates, who typically attend full-time and are admitted at a higher selectivity level with a higher transfer-in rate.
- The undergraduate program is four years long and includes a mix of professions, the arts, and the sciences.
- There is also a high level of coexistence between graduate and undergraduate students.
- The graduate instructional program is similar, with a focus on professions and arts and sciences, and a high level of coexistence with undergraduate students.
NCSU Facilities and Services
- You can visit its collection to access NCSU library resources. This includes physical items such as books and media, as well as digital/electronic materials. As of 2018, the library holds 1,462,299 physical volumes, 270,996 physical media, 51,142 digital/electronic media, and has access to 635 licensed digital/electronic databases. The university has 4 library branches.
- NCSU provides on-campus housing for students, with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 9,718 students during the 2018 academic year.
- The university offers its students sports facilities, financial aid, study abroad programs, distance learning options, academic counselling, and career services.
- Information regarding an institutional hospital was not reported.
North Carolina State University Accreditation Details
Since 1928, the institution has been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Additionally, it has received specialized or programmatic accreditations from the
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
North Carolina State University Affiliations and Membership Lists
NCSU is affiliated with several organizations, including the
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA),
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
North Carolina State University’s Academic Structure
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- College of Design
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Poole College of Management
- College of Natural Resources
- College of Sciences
- Graduate school
North Carolina State University Social Media Platforms
Facebook: North Carolina State University’s Facebook page serves as a social networking platform.
Twitter: The Twitter page of North Carolina State is dedicated to micro-blogging and news updates.
LinkedIn: NCSU maintains a LinkedIn profile for academic and business networking purposes.
YouTube: North Carolina State University’s YouTube channel shares videos.
TikTok: North Carolina State University does not have an official TikTok presence.
Instagram: NCSU uses Instagram and Flickr to share photos.
To get more information about admission, kindly visit North Carolina State University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: