Ohio State University is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. You’re invited to become part of our dynamic and innovative academic community, where you can explore endless opportunities and unleash your true potential.
We invite you to explore our admissions process and discover the many advantages of studying at our esteemed institution. Our blog provides valuable information on our admissions procedures and highlights Ohio State University’s diverse benefits
About Ohio State University
The Ohio State University, founded in 1870, is a public non-profit institution of higher education located in the urban city of Columbus, Ohio, which has a population range of 500,000-1,000,000 inhabitants. This university has additional Newark, Lima, Marion, and Mansfield campuses.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, The Ohio State University is a large coeducational institution with an enrollment range of over 45,000 students. It offers a variety of courses and programs leading to recognized bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in various fields of study.
The university has a selective admission policy based on entrance exams and academic records, and the admission rate ranges between 50-60%, making it an average selective institution. International applicants are welcome to apply for enrollment.
The university provides academic and non-academic resources to students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. This US higher-education institution has a long-standing history of 153 years.
Why choose Ohio State University
Ohio State University is one of the largest universities in the United States, with a diverse student body and a wide range of academic programs. It is consistently ranked as one of the top public universities in the country. Its academic programs are highly regarded, particularly in fields such as engineering, business, and healthcare.
Ohio State also offers vibrant campus life, with numerous student organizations, sports teams, and cultural events. This can help students develop a strong sense of community and enhance their overall college experience.
Additionally, Ohio State has a strong alumni network, which can provide internships, employment, and professional development opportunities after graduation.
Ultimately, whether Ohio State University is the right choice for you will depend on your individual academic
And personal goals and preferences, so it’s very helpful to research the university thoroughly and consider all the factors important to you before making a decision.
Here are five compelling reasons to choose The Ohio State University:
- Reputation and Reach With over 150 years of academic excellence and innovation, Ohio State is highly ranked among America’s premier public universities. Its world-class status is reflected in numerous rankings and accolades, including 17th among public universities by U.S. News & World Report. It offers generous funding opportunities for students and faculty in areas such as global climate change, cancer research, and infectious diseases.
- Excellent Programs Ohio State offers a vast array of top-ranked graduate programs, with 10 programs listed in the top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Its undergraduate and post-baccalaureate professional programs, including a premier public law school and one of the largest and most diverse health sciences centres in the nation, boasts high outcomes rates and job placement rates. Additionally, Ohio State Online offers a wide range of flexible academic programs that allow students to learn from world-renowned faculty.
- Connected Academic Community Ohio State’s faculty and students are among the most talented and brightest in the world. Its faculty includes Pulitzer Prize winners, Nobel Laureates, Guggenheim Fellows, and Fulbright Scholars. Its diverse student body of over 14,000 graduate and professional students from over 90 countries ensures a vibrant and dynamic academic community. Ohio State is also committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive campus community, reflecting its strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Cutting-Edge Facilities Ohio State invests heavily in facilities and resources that support research, innovation, and discovery. Its University Libraries system is one of the largest in North America, offering accessible resources and expert staff to support research and learning.
- Large Alumni Network With over half a million Ohio State alumni worldwide, you will find Buckeyes no matter where you go. Ohio State’s extensive alumni network provides opportunities for networking, mentorship, and professional development, enhancing the value of an Ohio State degree for years to come
Ohio State University Identity
- Name of university: Ohio State University
- Acronym: OSU
- Year of creation: 1870
- Motto: Disciplina in civitatem. Education for citizenship
- Colours Scarlet and grey
Ohio State University Campus Location
Address190 North Oval Mall
United StatesTel+1 (614) 292 6446Fax+1 (614) 292 9474Other locationsNewark, Lima, Marion, Mansfield
OSU Areas of Study & Degree Levels
The uniRank Study Areas/Degree Levels Matrix™ categorizes study areas and degree levels into undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The study areas are
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & Culture
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology.
Ohio State University tuition details
- The Tuition Range Matrix™ provided by UniRank shows the annual fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs categorized by local and international students.
- The yearly tuition range for undergraduate and postgraduate programs for local students is between 10,000-12,500 US dollars (or 7,400-9,200 Euros).
- On the other hand, international students can expect to pay over 20,000 US dollars (or 14,700 Euros) annually for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Ohio State University Admission Information
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women. International students are also encouraged to apply for admission.
- The selection process is based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades. Applicants are required to have a secondary school GPA, rank, and record.
- Additionally, completion of a college-preparatory program is necessary.
- Recommendations are considered but not mandatory, and no formal demonstration of competencies is required or recommended.
- Admission test scores and a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required, while other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- The admission rate is 50-60%, and the admission office is at 110 Enarson Hall, 154 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, 43210. For further information, you can call (614) 292 3980.
Ohio State University Enrollment Profile
- The institution has a student enrollment of over 45,000 and a faculty of over 5,000 academic staff.
- It is a non-profit entity that is publicly controlled by the state.
- The academic calendar follows a semester system and the campus is located in an urban setting.
- It is a land grant institution without any religious affiliation
Ohio State University Carnegie Classification
- The institution’s Carnegie Classification is “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity.”
- In the 2000 Carnegie Classification, it was categorized as “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive.”
- It is a four-year, primarily residential institution that is considered large.
- The undergraduate enrollment profile is excellent, and the institution is more selective with an increased transfer rate.
- The undergraduate instructional program includes both professions and arts & sciences, with a high level of coexistence with graduate programs.
- The graduate instructional program offers a balanced curriculum of arts & sciences and professions, with a high level of coexistence with undergraduate programs.
Ohio State University Facilities and Services
Facilities and services available at Ohio State University include:
- Library: Ohio State University-Main Campus has a vast physical and digital/electronic collection. The library reported 6,037,957 physical volumes, 109,540 physical media, 147,977 digital/ digitized mediums, and 2,075 licensed digital/electronic databases in 2018. The university’s library has 11 branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available at Ohio State University, with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 14,082 students in the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: The university offers a range of sports facilities for its students, including gyms, athletic fields, and courts.
- Financial Aid: Ohio State University provides financial aid to eligible students to cover their educational expenses.
- Study abroad: Yes
- Distance learning: Yes
- Academic counselling: Yes
- Career services: Yes
- Institutional hospital: Yes
Ohio State University’s Accreditation Details
Institutional Accreditation: The Higher Learning Commission granted institutional accreditation to this institution in 1913.
Other Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations: This institution holds specialized or programmatic accreditations from the following organizations:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- American Bar Association (ABA), Council of the Section on Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar.
Ohio State University Affiliations and Membership Details
- Affiliations and Memberships
- APLU (Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities)
- MUCIA (Midwest Universities Consortium for International Activities)
- ORAU (Oak Ridge Associated Universities)
- NAA (National Athletic Association).
- NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association).
Ohio State University’s academic structure
- College of Dentistry
- College of Education and Human Ecology
- College of Engineering
- College of Food, Agricultural and Environment Sciences
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Optometry
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Public Health
- College of Social Work
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate school
- John Glenn School of Public Affairs
- Max M. Fisher College of Business
- Michael E. Moritz College of Law
Ohio State University Social Media Platforms
Facebook: The Ohio State University utilizes Facebook as a social networking platform, accessible through The Ohio State University’s Facebook page.
Twitter: The Ohio State University maintains a Twitter webpage for micro-blogging and news updates, which can be accessed through The Ohio State University’s Twitter page.
LinkedIn: The Ohio State University has a LinkedIn profile that serves as a business and academic networking platform.
The Ohio State University operates a YouTube or Vimeo channel for sharing videos, which can be accessed through the Ohio State University’s YouTube channel.
TikTok: The Ohio State University does not currently have an official TikTok account.
Instagram: The Ohio State University has an Instagram or Flickr account for sharing photos.
To get more information about the admission process. Kindly visit the Ohio State University admission official website for the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: