Oregon State University is now accepting applications for the academic year 2023-2024. As an institution, we pride ourselves on our innovative and dynamic education approach.
We extend a warm invitation to you to embark on a fulfilling journey towards achieving your academic and career aspirations by joining our esteemed university.
We urge you to explore our admission procedures and learn about the many benefits of studying with us. To gain a comprehensive understanding of our admission policies and the benefits of selecting us, we highly recommend perusing our exceptional blog, which is tailored specifically for prospective students. This invaluable resource will provide you with all the information you need.
About Oregon State University
Oregon State University, a non-profit public state higher-education institution, was established in 1868 in the small city of Corvallis, which has a population range of 50,000 to 249,999 people. The university has branch campuses in Bend, Newport, and Portland.
Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, Oregon State University (OSU) is a comprehensive US higher education institution with a student enrollment range of 35,000 to 39,999 students. OSU offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in various fields of study.
The institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance exams, academic records, and grades, with an admission rate range of 80-90%. International applicants are also eligible for enrollment. OSU provides academic and non-academic facilities and services to students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. With a 155-year history, OSU continues to provide quality education for its students.
Why should I consider Oregon State University?
Oregon State University is the preferred destination for high-achieving students in Oregon, receiving numerous accolades and recognition for its academic programs and facilities. As the state’s Land Grant university, OSU is one of the few universities in the U.S. to hold Sea Grant, Space Grant, and Sun Grant designations.
Its research capabilities are extensive, with more than $384 million in funding. It addresses global issues such as climate change, health and wellness, food supply, renewable energy, and advanced technology.
OSU’s students excel in national exams and are accepted into graduate programs. They have high acceptance rates in medical school, veterinary medicine, pharmacy certification, engineering, dietetics, and athletic training certification. Its academic programs are among the most prestigious in the world.
These programs include top-ranked forestry, oceanography, human development and family studies, marine and freshwater biology, and natural resources and conservation programs. OSU’s students also have the opportunity to study, research, intern, or serve in over 70 countries, with Beavers present on all seven continents.
OSU’s focus on innovation makes Corvallis the fourth most innovative tech hub in America. It also operates the OSU Advantage Accelerator/RAIN Corvallis, which has admitted 30 business startups to the program. This has generated over $6.6 million in revenue and grants and more than 40 jobs. Students can participate in or root in NCAA Division I, Pac-12 conference competitions in 17 men’s and women’s sports, 30 club sports, and 20 different intramural sports.
OSU’s graduates make a difference in communities around the world, with over 40 per cent of alumni volunteering. They also have a high mid-career salary and work in the field they studied at OSU. OSU offers an excellent academic experience for high-achieving students, with a strong focus on innovation, research, and global engagement.
Oregon State University Identity
- Name of the university: Oregon State University
- Acronym: OSU
- Year of creation: 1868
- Motto: Open Minds, Open Doors
- Colours: Orange and black
Oregon State University Campus Location
Address: 1500 SW Jefferson Avenue
United StatesTel+1 (541) 737 1000Fax+1 (541) 737 2482Other locations: Bend, Newport and Portland
Oregon State University Study Areas and Degree Levels:
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Oregon State University tuition details
Level of StudyLocal StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate10,000-12,500 USDover 20,000 USD (14,700 Euro)Postgraduate12,500-15,000 USDover 20,000 USD (14,700 Euro)
Oregon State University Admission Information
University Admissions Information
- The university welcomes applications from both men and women and is co-educational. International students are encouraged to apply for admission.
- Admission selection is based on students’ past academic records and grades, as well as entrance examinations.
- To be considered for admission, applicants must have a secondary school GPA, completion of a college-preparatory program, and required admission test scores.
- A formal demonstration of competencies is recommended, while recommendations are neither required nor recommended.
- Applicants are also required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and must meet the minimum score requirement. Other tests, such as Wonderlic or WISC-III, are neither required nor recommended.
- The University admission rate is between 80-90%. The admission office is located at 104 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis 97331. If you have questions, please call (541) 737 4411 or 800-291-4192.
Oregon State University Carnegie Classification
- Oregon State University is classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as a “Doctoral University: Very High Research Activity” institution.
- This is the most prestigious classification for research universities.
- This means that the university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs and has a strong commitment to research and scholarship
- . It is also a large, primarily non-residential institution with a high undergraduate enrollment profile.
- The undergraduate profile is four-year, full-time, medium-sized, and selective, with a higher transfer-in rate. The university offers a mix of arts and sciences and professional programs, with a high level of graduate coexistence.
Oregon State University Enrollment Profile
Oregon State University’s key size and profile indicators, as published by UniRank, are as follows:
- Student Enrollment: Between 35,000 and 39,999
- Academic Staff: Between 2,000 and 2,499
- Control Type: Public State
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Quarters
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Land Grant Institution: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
OSU Facilities and Service
- UniRank has provided an overview of the various facilities and services available at Oregon State University.
- The university’s library houses both physical and digital collections. It has 1,318,404 physical volumes, 46,483 physical media, 3,418 digital/electronic items, and access to 217 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library has two branches.
- Oregon State University also offers on-campus housing, with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 5,118 students in the 2018 academic year.
- The university provides sports facilities, financial aid, study abroad opportunities, distance learning programs, academic counselling, and career services for its students.
- Information on an institutional hospital at the university was not reported.
Oregon State University’s accreditation details
Oregon State University has received institutional recognition and accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. This accreditation has been in place since 1924. Additionally, the university has earned specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations, such as:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission (ANSAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- American Chemical Society (ACS).
Oregon State University Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank has provided a partial list of Oregon State University’s significant memberships and affiliations, but it may not be current or comprehensive. For a complete list, please consult or visit the university’s website.
Oregon State University maintains memberships and affiliations with several prominent organizations, including the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU), the National Athletic Association (NAA), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Oregon State University’s academic structure
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Forestry
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Public Health and Human Sciences
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Science
- Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate school
- Honours College
Oregon State University Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Check out Oregon State University’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter: Check out Oregon State University’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube: Check out Oregon State University’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram: Check out Oregon State University’s verified Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: Check out Oregon State University’s primary LinkedIn profile
- TikTok: N/A (not applicable as Oregon State University does not have an official TikTok account).
To get more information about the admission process, Kindly visit the Oregon State University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: