Penn State University is now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year, and we strongly encourage prospective applicants to apply for admission.
To assist applicants in their preparation, we have published a comprehensive blog post that showcases the advantages of studying at our university. The post contains detailed information about the institution and the admission process.
About Penn State University
Penn State University, founded in 1855, is a non-profit public state higher-education institution located in University Park, Pennsylvania. It has a rural setting in a large town with a population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants. Additionally, the university has branch campuses in 24 locations, including Abington, Erie, and York.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, PSU is a coeducational institution with a large enrollment range of over 45,000 students. The university offers a wide variety of courses and programs leading to higher education degrees at different levels.
These degrees include pre-bachelor, bachelor, master, and doctorate degrees in various fields of study. The university has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations, students’ past academic records, and grades, with an average admission rate range of 50-60%. International students are also eligible for enrollment.
PSU offers a range of academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services to its students.
Why choose Penn State University
The University’s rich history of academic excellence and investment in student success has made it one of the most renowned and respected institutions of higher education in the world. Additionally, Penn State’s unwavering commitment to providing students with unmatched opportunities to learn, grow, and excel in their chosen fields is a testament to its faculty, staff, and students dedication.
What sets Penn State apart is its ability to foster an environment where students can thrive and achieve their full potential. From world-class research facilities to innovative academic programs, the University provides students with everything they need to succeed. Moreover, Penn State’s supportive community encourages students to explore their interests, engage in extracurricular activities, and become leaders in their fields.
Penn State’s success is rooted in its people. The University faculty and staff are some of the most talented and accomplished individuals in their fields. They are deeply committed to helping students achieve their goals. Additionally, Penn State students are some of the most driven and dedicated individuals you’ll ever meet. Their passion for learning, leadership, and service is truly inspiring.
In conclusion, Penn State is an exceptional institution that provides students with the tools, resources, and support they need to achieve their goals. The University’s commitment to academic excellence, student success, and community engagement is a testament to the dedication of its faculty, staff, and students, and it is what makes Penn State truly exceptional.
Penn State University Identity
- Name of the university: Penn State University
- Acronym: PSU
- Year of creation: 1855
- Motto: Making life better
- Colours: Blue and white
Penn State University Campus Location
Address: 201 Old Main
Tel+1 (814) 865 4700
Other locations: Abington, Logan Township, Monaca, Spring Township, Media, DuBois, Erie, Uniontown, McKeesport, Middletown, Hazleton, Fogelsville, Mont Alto, New Kensington, Schuylkill Haven, Sharon, Lehman, Dunmore, York, Carlisle, Malvern, Hershey, Williamsport
Penn State University Study Areas
UniRank’s Matrix™ displays study areas and degree levels for undergraduate and postgraduate education as follows:
Arts & Humanities
Business & Social Sciences
Language & Cultural
Medicine & Health
Science & Technology
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & Cultural
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
Penn State University Tuition Fees Details
Level of study
Undergraduate17,500-20,000 US$ (12,900-14,700 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)Postgraduateover 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)
Penn State University Admission Guidelines
University Admissions Information:
- The university welcomes both men and women applicants (CoEd) from all over the world. Applicants must meet certain admission criteria, including submitting their past academic record and grades, as well as passing an entrance examination.
- Other requirements for new admissions include having a secondary school GPA, completing a college-preparatory program (recommended), and taking an admission test.
- In addition, international applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- While no specific secondary school rank or recommendations are required, students are expected to have a strong academic record. Other tests, such as the Wonderlic or WISC-III, are not required for admission.
- The university admission rate is between 50-60%, and the admission office is located at 201 Shields Building, University Park 16802-1503. For more information, applicants can contact the office at (814) 865-5471.
Penn State University Enrollment Profile
- Size and Profile: This institution has over 45,000 students and academic staff between 4,000 and 4,499.
- It is a non-profit, government-controlled institution with a semester-based academic calendar.
- The campus is located in a rural setting, and it is a land-grant institution without religious affiliation.
Penn State University Carnegie Classification Update
- The revised Carnegie classification categorizes this institution as a Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.
- Under the 2000 classification, it was categorized as a Doctoral/Research University with extensive research activity.
- This is a large four-year residential institution, with a high percentage of undergraduate students. The undergraduate program is selective and primarily serves full-time, four-year students.
- The instructional program for both undergraduate and graduate students includes both professions and the arts and sciences.
- It also includes a high level of graduate coexistence for undergraduate students.
- However, there is no graduate coexistence for graduate students in the arts and sciences and professional programs.
Penn State University Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services available at Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus:
- Library: Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus has a vast library collection consisting of physical and digital/ electronically stored items. The library reported 3,325,427 physical volumes, 2,241,752 physical media, 266,350 digital/electronic mediums, and 869 licensed digital/electronic databases in 2018. The university has 27 library branches.
- Housing: Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus provides on-campus housing for students. The dormitory capacity, on or off campus, was about 14,039 students during the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: Sports facilities are available at Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid is available for students who need it.
- Study Abroad: Study abroad programs are available for students interested in exploring other countries and cultures.
- Distance Learning: Distance learning options are available for online students.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are available for students who need guidance on their academic journey.
- Career Services: Career services are available for students who need assistance finding internships, jobs, and career planning.
- Institutional Hospital: An institutional hospital is available for students who require medical attention.
PSU Accreditation Details & Programs
Institutional accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education was first accredited in 1921.
Specialized or Programmatic Accreditation by the following organizations:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET
Please Apply: China Studies Program PhD scholarship at Renmin University of China (RUC)
Penn State University Memberships and Affiliations
Alliances include the
American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
Association of American Universities (AAU)
Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA).
These partnerships allow us to stay informed about best practices and emerging trends in higher education. In addition, they allow us to collaborate with other institutions on research and advocacy initiatives.
Penn State University’s academic structure
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Arts and Architecture
- College of Communications
- College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Liberal Arts
- Eberly College of Science
- School of Information Sciences and Technology
- Smeal College of Business
- College of Medicine
- Penn State Law
- School of Nursing
- Schreyer Honors College
- Graduate school
- Dickinson School of Law
- Great Valley School of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Medical Center and College of Medicine
Penn State University Social Media Platforms
Facebook: Penn State University uses Facebook for social networking. Its official page serves as an online community hub for students, alumni, and supporters of the university.
Twitter: Penn State University’s Twitter page provides micro-blogging updates and news for its followers. It’s an excellent way to stay up to date with the latest university happenings.
LinkedIn: Penn State University’s LinkedIn profile is designed for professionals and academics who wish to network with other professionals and alumni of the university.
YouTube: Penn State University’s YouTube channel contains a variety of videos related to the university, such as campus tours, student life, and academic resources.
TikTok: Penn State University does not exist on TikTok at this time.
Instagram: Penn State University’s Instagram or Flickr account has an array of visually stunning photos of the university, student life, and more.
To get more information about admission, kindly visit Penn State University’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship at Uppsala University is for Individuals living in Risky and Unsafe Conditions
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Ph.D. Fellowships 2023
Open Doors Russian Scholarship (300+ Master’s & PhD Scholarships)