The President’s Club Scholarship for Continuing Undergraduate Students in the U.S. Columbia College Chicago announced the President’s Club Endowed Scholarship for the first time on the 10th Anniversary of the President’s Club. The college trustee, Marcia Lazar, made tireless efforts to grow the Club by inviting donors from board members, alums, faculty, staff, parents, and friends of the College.
If you wish to apply for this scholarship please read this article to the end for easy steps on how to apply.
The President’s Club Scholarship for Continuing Undergraduate Students in the U.S. Columbia College Chicago announced the President’s Club Endowed Scholarship for the first time on the 10th Anniversary of the President’s Club. The college trustee, Marcia Lazar, made tireless efforts to grow the Club by inviting donors from board members, alums, faculty, staff, parents, and friends of the College. Today, each of these groups knows the value of a Columbia College education.
The President’s Club Endowed Scholarship helps continue full-time undergraduate students with academic merit and financial need. This scholarship is toward students’ tuition costs. Undergraduate students who will complete a minimum of 90 credit hours by the end of the Spring 2023 semester can apply for this scholarship.
- Application Status: Open
- Funding Organization: President’s Club
- Location: U.S.
- Gender: Male/Female
- Funding Type: Partially-funded
- Number of Positions: N/A
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Eligible Countries: All countries
- Program Duration: N/A
- Language Required: English
- Fields of Study: Several
Benefits of the President’s Club Scholarship
Eligible applicants must note that the scholarship’s amount covers only the student’s tuition fees. Its previous amounts ranged between $1,000-$5,000, half of which are awarded in the Fall and half in the Spring. These amounts are subject to change for the academic year 2023/24.
Applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria can apply for President’s Club Endowed Scholarship:
- You must be full-time undergraduate students who will complete a minimum of 90 credit hours by the end of the Spring 2023 semester.
- You must hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Applicant must demonstrate outstanding achievement
- Demonstrate financial need through a completed 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Meet additional requirements
Applicants need to upload the following documents in PDF format:
Three to five-page essay answering the following questions:
- How applicants’ passion for the field brought them to Columbia?
- How could they integrate their passion into their current coursework at Columbia?
- How will the applicant use their passion or skills to impact their community and world?
Note: The essay must be double-spaced, including the applicant’s name and Columbia ID number on the top right-hand side of each page and in pdf, doc, or docx format.
One letter of recommendation from a Columbia faculty member familiar with the applicant’s academic achievement or a significant accomplishment.
- A current Student Aid Report (SAR). To get SAR, applicants must complete a 2023-24 FAFSA by 1 February 2023.
- Other relevant documentation and references
How to Apply for the President’s Club Scholarship
Applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship should submit an online application form by visiting the Internal Scholarships link below and then clicking the Apply for Scholarships option to access the College-Wide Undergraduate Scholarship Application.
For more information about the program visit the website. In case of any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See More Opportunities: