Romania Scholarships for International Students are available for application to undergraduate and graduate students for the academic year 2023. This Romania Scholarships for International Students is sponsored by the Romanian Government. for easy steps on how to apply for Romania Scholarships for International Students click here.
Romanian Government for International Students are available for application to undergraduate and graduate students for the academic year 2023. International students with excellent results of at least 7 (seven) coinciding to the scoring system of Romania or the “Good” score are eligible to apply.
Every year, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the Government of Romania offers Scholarships for non-EU students to pursue their Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. study in Romania. The applicants are free choose their desired study program in all fields excluding Medicine, Pharmacy, and Dental Medicine.
Applicants applying for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs can only select study programs available in the Romanian language, but Ph.D. candidates can select any English language study program. Applicants can benefit from a one-year preparatory Romanian language course.
- Application Status: Open
- Application Deadline: March 01, 2023
- Announcement of Result: July 15, 2023 (by email)
- Start of Academic Year: October 01, 2023
- Awarding Organization: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education and Research of Romania
- Funding Type: Fully-funded
- Program Duration: 3 – 6 years for Bachelor’s, 1 to 2 years for a Master’s, and 3 to 5 years for Ph.D. students
- Host Institution: Romanian Universities
- Location: Romania
- Degree Level: Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D.
- Eligible Countries: Non-EU Countries
- Field of Study: Various fields
- Medium of Instructions: Romanian language for Bachelor and Master, for Ph.D. English or Other foreign languages.
Note: Applicants including the following groups do not need to pass the preparatory Romanian language class:
- Provide diplomas, certificates, or study documents such as school records of at least four consecutive years of studies in the Romanian language;
- Pass the Romanian language test;
- Provide a certificate of linguistic competence in Romanian, minimum level B1.
Benefits of Romania Scholarships
The followings covers the Romanian Government Scholarships:
- Registration fees or any other fees that applicants need to pay;
- Tuition fee for the Romanian language preparatory year;
- Monthly stipend for students studying in the Romanian language preparatory year;
- Tuition fee for the actual studies for the duration of a university study program;
- Monthly stipend and financial aid for students enrolled in Bachelor’s (65 EURO), Master’s (75 EURO), or doctoral degrees (85 EURO) for the duration of their study programs;
- Accommodation fee in dormitories, within the allocated subsidy by the Ministry of Education;
- Medical assistance for medical-surgical emergencies and diseases;
- Local public, marine, ground, and underground transport, plus domestic car and railway transportation the same offered to Romanian students;
- Study visa fee of the students.
Note: Applicants should note that facilities are provided under the following conditions and periods:
- The Scholarship’s mentioned facilities are for students of Romanian language preparatory year;
- For bachelor’s and master’s studies during the legal holidays and the academic year, but not for the summer vacation, but the student stays in the university for curricular activities during the summer vacation.
- For doctoral students, the facilities are available for full-time learning all through the calendar year;
- Another one month (30 days) after completing university studies lasting at least one year.
Eligibility Criteria for Romania Scholarships
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- You must hold the citizenship of a non-EU country;
- You must hold a high school certificate, Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- You must have adequate academic performance with a minimum of 7 for the last graduated school, according to the grading system in Romania (“Good” equivalent).
Ineligibility Criteria for Romania Scholarships
Applicants with the following conditions are not eligible to apply for this Scholarship:
- Citizen of Romanian origins and members of any Romanian historical community in the nearness of Romania;
- Have requested or got a form of protection in Romania;
- Be a stateless person with an official recognition of the country territory according to the law;
- Current members and family members of the diplomatic and consular units in Romania;
- Members of the technical and administrative staff of consular or diplomatic missions’ offices accredited to Romania;
- A staff member of international organizations situated in Romania;
- Family members of staff of international organizations in Romania;
- Romanian state scholarship beneficiaries for the same cycle of study year are not eligible.
Documents Required for Romania Scholarships
Applicants should provide the following documents:
- Copies of educational diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, plus Bachelor’s, Master’s, or doctorate) with authorized translation in English, French, Romanian, and Spanish (if applicable);
- Birth certificate or equivalent documentation;
- Copy of three pages of the applicant’s passport or the national identity document;
- A CV in English language or French;
- Ph.D. students must also provide a letter of intent. Copy of the following documents translated into English (if Applicable) must be available for those in the specific categories below:
- Copy of the name change document;
- Proof of a baccalaureate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s exam for those who have not to get their diploma yet;
- The last year’s certificate to prove a student will take the graduation exam at the end of the current academic year;
- Transcript attesting the academic record of the applicant in the final year of study;
- A certificate to prove the completion of the Romanian Language Preparatory year OR certificate of linguistic competencies;
- A copy of the parental consent declaration for candidates under 18 years old is a must by the start date of their courses.
Note: Applicants must express their consent to process their data by signing the General Data Protection Regulation Declaration (GDPRD).
How to Apply for Romania Scholarship?
By clicking the link below, qualified applicants must submit all required documents and application forms. Kindly follow the steps below For instructions:
- Create an account on the Scholarship’s relevant portal using the apply now button below;
- Filling the mandatory fields of the application form;
- Upload all required documents;
- Submit the application form and all the necessary documents online.
For more information about the Romania Scholarships for Non-EU Students, please visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania’s Website or read the Scholarship’s Information Page.
See more Scholarship Opportunities
Monash University Scholarships in Australia 2023/24