Applications are now accepted for the 2023-2024 academic year at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Prospective applicants are highly encouraged to submit admission applications.
To aid in their preparation, we have created an extensive blog post that highlights the benefits of studying at our university. The post also includes in-depth details about the institution and the admission procedure.
About Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a public higher-education institution established in 1766. It is located in New Brunswick, a small city with a population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants. It has branches in Newark and Camden. Rutgers is officially accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. It is a large coeducational institution with over 45,000 students.
The university offers a range of courses and programs leading to recognized higher education degrees, including pre-bachelor degrees (such as certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, and doctorate degrees across several areas of study.
Admission to Rutgers is selective and based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades, with an admission rate range of 60-70%. International applicants are also eligible for enrollment.
In addition to its academic programs, Rutgers provides various facilities and services for students. These include a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
With a history spanning 256 years, Rutgers remains a reputable institution of higher education in the United States.
Why choose Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Rutgers University certainly provides many opportunities for students to engage in interdisciplinary studies and research related to marine and coastal sciences. It’s wonderful to see that you took advantage of these opportunities and made connections with professors. This ultimately led to your acceptance into a fully funded PhD program. Best of luck with your academic pursuits!
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Identity
- Name of university: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Acronym: Rutgers
- Year of creation: 1766
- Motto: Sol iustitiae et occidentem illustra, Sun of righteousness, shine upon the West also
- Colours: Scarlet and black
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Campus Location
Address: 83 Somerset Street
08901-1281 New Jersey
United StatesTel+1 (732) 932 1766Fax+1
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Study Areas
UniRank’s Study Areas and Degree Levels Matrix™ displays undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the following categories:
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & culture
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Tuition Fees Details
Annual tuition ranges as per the UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™
Level of study:
- Domestic students and international students
- Undergraduate9,200-11,000 Euro over 14,700 EuroPostgraduate12,900-14,700 Euroover 14,700 Euro
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Admission Guidelines
- The university welcomes both men and women (CoEd) as well as international students to apply for admission. The selection process is based on entrance examinations, past academic records and grades.
- The new admission requirements include a secondary school GPA, completion of a college-preparatory program, secondary school record, admission test scores, and TOEFL scores for non-native English speakers.
- Secondary school rank is considered but not required, and recommendations and formal demonstration of competencies are also neither required nor recommended.
- Additionally, other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither necessary nor recommended.
- The admission rate is between 60-70%, and the admission office is located at 65 Davidson Road, Piscataway 08854-8097. Contact the office at (732) 445-4636.
Read More: Penn State University offers admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Enrollment Profile
- Size: The student enrollment is over 45,000, which is a very large number and suggests that the institution is likely a major university or college.
- Academic staff: The academic staff is over 5,000, which is a substantial number and indicates that the institution likely has a diverse range of academic programs and research activities.
- Control type: The institution is a public state university, which means it is funded by the state government and operates as a public entity.
- Entity type: The institution is a non-profit organization, which means that any surplus revenues generated are reinvested back into the institution rather than distributed to shareholders.
- Academic calendar: The institution follows a semester-based academic calendar, which means the academic year is divided into two main semesters (typically fall and spring).
- Campus setting: The institution is located in an urban setting, which means it is situated in a densely populated area within a city.
- Land grant institution: The institution is a land grant institution, which means it receives funding from the federal government to support agricultural and mechanical education, as well as other related fields.
- Religious affiliation: The institution has no religious affiliation, which means it is a secular institution that does not promote or endorse religious beliefs or practices.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Carnegie Classification
- The updated Carnegie Classification categorizes this institution as a “Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.”
- In the 2000 classification, it was classified as an “Extensive Doctoral/Research University.”
- This is a large, primarily residential, four-year institution with a high proportion of undergraduate students.
- The undergraduate population is four-year, full-time, and relatively selective, with a significant number of transfer students.
- The institution’s instructional programs balance arts and sciences with professional disciplines, with a strong presence of graduate programs.
Rutgers Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services available at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey:
- Library: Rutgers University-New Brunswick has a library collection comprising physical and digital/electronic items. As of 2018, the library reported having 1,996,209 physical volumes, 151,832 physical media, 47,548 digital/ e-media mediums, and 748 licensed digital/electronic databases. The university’s library also has 9 branches.
- Housing: Rutgers University provided on-campus housing with dormitory capacity for approximately 15,941 students in the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: Rutgers offers sports facilities for its students.
- Financial Aid: Rutgers provides financial aid for eligible students.
- Study Abroad: Rutgers offers Study Abroad programs for students who wish to study abroad.
- Distance Learning: Rutgers provides Distance Learning programs for students who prefer remote study.
- Academic Counseling: Rutgers offers Academic Counseling services to its students.
- Career Services: Rutgers provides career services for its students.
- Institutional Hospital: Rutgers has an institutional hospital for medically-ill students.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Accreditations
The institution obtained institutional accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in 1921.
In addition to the above, the institution has also received specialized or programmatic accreditations from the following accrediting bodies:
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Council on the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association (ABA).
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Memberships and Affiliations
The following are memberships and affiliations:
- Association of American Universities (AAU).
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Academic Structure
- School of Arts and Science
- School of Graduate Studies
- Rutgers Business School
- Rutgers Law School
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Social Media Platforms
- Facebook: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey’s Facebook page.
- Twitter: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey’s Twitter page for microblogging and news updates.
- Here is Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey’s LinkedIn profile for business and academic networking.
- YouTube: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey’s YouTube channel.
- TikTok: There is no known TikTok account for Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey’s Instagram and Flickr account.
To get more information about the admission, kindly visit Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
TÜBİTAK-TWAS Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs
Hanns Seidel Scholarship for Afghan refugees in Pakistan
KAIST International Undergraduate Scholarship in Korea 2023