Simon Fraser University is now accepting applications for the academic session of 2023-2024. As a prestigious educational institution, we are dedicated to providing innovative and engaging learning opportunities.
We warmly welcome you to become a part of our esteemed university and commence a rewarding journey towards achieving your academic and professional aspirations.
We urge you to familiarize yourself with our admission process and discover the various benefits of studying with us. To gain a comprehensive understanding of our admission policies and programs, we encourage you to explore our exceptional blog. This is designed exclusively for prospective students. This invaluable resource will equip you with all the information you need.
About Simon Fraser University
Simon Fraser University, a non-profit public higher education institution, was established in 1965 in Burnaby, British Columbia. It is a small urban city with a population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants. The university also has branch campuses in Vancouver and Surrey.
SFU is officially recognized by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training of British Columbia, and is a large coeducational Canadian higher education institution, with an enrollment range of 30,000-34,999 students, offering various courses and programs that lead to officially recognized degrees,
including pre-bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees across multiple areas of study. Admission to SFU is selective and based on entrance examinations and past academic records and grades, with an admission rate range of 80-90%. International students are encouraged to apply for enrollment.
Additionally, SFU provides various academic and non-academic facilities and services to its students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. As a 57-year-old Canadian higher-education institution, SFU has a solid reputation for providing quality education for its students.
Why should I consider Simon Fraser University?
SFU is committed to driving positive change through innovative research, academic excellence, and a community of change-makers. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing research institutions, SFU mobilizes knowledge to create solutions that positively impact society.
SFU is ranked #1 worldwide for entrepreneurial spirit and #1 in Canada for innovative university and industrial applications. With over 1,020 faculty members, 40% of whom have international backgrounds, SFU is home to a vibrant academic culture that produces research discoveries, social innovations, and solutions for a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
SFU’s community of change-makers is dedicated to improving public health, fighting climate change, promoting democracy, and creating new economic opportunities. The university offers diverse and industry-relevant programs across its eight faculties, including the Beedie School of Business, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Environment, Faculty of Health Sciences, and Faculty of Science.
SFU’s co-op education program, one of Canada’s largest, provides students with hands-on experience throughout their educational journey. The university also offers local and international field schools and exchanges, undergraduate student research awards, volunteer stewardship activities, and leadership training.
SFU fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and offers an interdisciplinary ecosystem that supports every stage of the innovation journey. This includes community and industry partnerships to ideation, mentorship, and ventures that scale
Simon Fraser University Identity
- Name of the university: Simon Fraser University
- Acronym: SFU
- Year of creation: 1965
- Motto: Nous sommes prêts, We are ready
- Colours: red and blue
Simon Fraser University Campus Location
Address: 8888 University Drive
V5A1S6 British Columbia
CanadaTel+1 (778) 782 6930Fax+1 (778) 782 5682Other locationsVancouver and Surrey
Simon Fraser University Study Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Simon Fraser University tuition details
Education LevelDomestic Students Tuition (USD)Domestic Students Tuition (Euro)International Students Tuition (USD)International Students Tuition (Euro)Undergraduate5,000-7,5003,700-5,500over 20,00014,700Postgraduate2,500-5,0001,800-3,7002,500-5,0001,800-3,700
This table compares tuition fees for domestic and international students at different levels of education. Undergraduate domestic students pay 5,000-7,500 USD (3,700-5,500 Euro), while international students pay over 20,000 USD (14,700 Euro). Postgraduate domestic students pay 2,500-5,000 USD (1,800-3,700 Euro), and international students pay 2,500-5,000 USD (1,800-3,700 Euro) as well.
Simon Fraser University Admission Information
University Admissions Information:
- The university is open to both men and women (CoEd), including international students who are encouraged to apply for admission.
- Admission selection is based on entrance examinations, past academic records and grades.
- Admission rates for successful applicants are 80-90%.
- The admission office is located at 8888 University Drive, Burnaby V5A1S6, and can be reached by phone at (778) 782 3397.
Read More: USYD Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Simon Fraser University Enrollment Profile
- Student enrollment: between 30,000 and 34,999
- Number of academic staff: between 1,500 and 1,999
- Control type: Public
- Entity type: Non-profit
- Academic calendar: Trimesters
- Campus setting: urban.
- Religious affiliation: None
SFU Facilities and Service
UniRank offers an overview of the available facilities and services provided by Simon Fraser University, which include a
- sports facilities
- financial aid
- study abroad programs
- distance learning opportunities.
However, information about academic counselling, career services, and an institutional hospital is not reported.
Simon Fraser University accreditation details
In terms of institutional recognition or accreditation, Simon Fraser University has received legal recognition from the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training of British Columbia.
Additionally, the university has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from various esteemed organizations such as the
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- American Psychological Association (APA), the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Simon Fraser University Affiliations and Membership Details
UniRank has published a list of Simon Fraser University’s notable affiliations and memberships, but it may not be fully updated or comprehensive. For a comprehensive list, refer to Simon Fraser University’s website. Some of the prominent memberships and affiliations include
- Universities Canada (UC)
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID)
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
- Canadian University Press (CUP)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Simon Fraser University’s academic structure
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Beedie School of Business
- Faculty of Health Sciences
Simon Fraser University Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Check out Simon Fraser University’s Facebook page Evaluate Simon Fraser University’s official Facebook page
- Twitter: Check out Simon Fraser University’s Twitter page Review Simon Fraser University’s official Twitter page
- YouTube: Check out Simon Fraser University’s YouTube channel. Assess Simon Fraser University’s official YouTube channel
- Instagram: Check out Simon Fraser University’s official Instagram page
- LinkedIn: Check out Simon Fraser University’s primary LinkedIn profile
- TikTok: Simon Fraser University does not have an official TikTok account.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit Simon Fraser University admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
Oregon State University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
Lowa State University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Lowa Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session