The Singapore International Graduate Award 2023 is a merit-based award given to all international students who have excelled in their studies. The SINGA program offers this to the greatest brains from around the world to further their PhDs at Singapore’s top universities.
Kindly read this article to the end if you wish to apply for this scholarship as it provides you with the easy steps on how to apply.
The Singapore International Graduate Award 2023 is a merit-based award given to all international students who have excelled in their studies. The SINGA program offers this to the greatest brains from around the world to further their PhDs at Singapore’s top universities. Under this international fully-funded scholarship opportunity in one of the world’s most academically advanced countries, all graduates can pursue their PhD in the subject of science and technology. This international graduate award is a full-time research scholarship in which fellows will be monitored by top-notch supervisors and peers, assisting them in achieving excellence in their research work and fields.
- Organized by: The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR)
- Scholarship type: Fully funded
- Duration: 4 years
- Degree Level: PhD
- Host Laboratories: A*STAR Research Institutes, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) & the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Location: Singapore
- Deadline: N/A
- Shortlisting Notification: 12 weeks after the deadline
- Eligible Nationalities: All
Fields of Study:
- Science and Technology
Benefits of the Singapore International graduate Award/Scholarship:
- Tuition fees
- A monthly stipend of S$2,200 will be paid, and this amount will increase to S$2,700 when the qualifying examination is passed.
- A one-time allowance of up to S$1,500 for travel
- $1,000 as a one-time settling-in allowance
Eligibility Criteria for Singapore International graduate Award/Scholarship:
- All international graduates with an interest of research and top academic standing are eligible to apply.
- Note: SINGA is primarily designed for foreign students beginning their studies in Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, and foreign students now enrolled in or who have previously enrolled in higher institutions in Singapore are not eligible.
- Good written and verbal English communication
- academic referee reports
- The prerequisites listed above are not all-inclusive.
Note: The requirements listed above are not all-inclusive, depending on the current scholarship standards, A*STAR may use additional selection criteria. These rules may occasionally change without prior notice.
- Biomedical Sciences (BMS)
- Computing and Information Sciences (CIS)
- Engineering and Technology (E&T)
- Physical Sciences (PS)
- A copy of a current passport
- JPG or PNG format of a recent passport size photo.
- All academic transcripts that have been translated into English.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate(s) or scroll(s), or, if your degree certificate or scroll has not yet been bestowed, a letter of certification from the university on your candidacy.
- Two reports of recommendations (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- Candidates who are applying to NUS, supervisors or projects, must include their GRE results in their SINGA application.
- For all other applicants, the university may ask you to provide acceptable GRE scores as part of the admissions process.
- The institution may later request the submission of IELTS, TOEFL, SAT I & II, and GATE results for admission.
Note: Make sure you submit your applications as soon as you can. As only applications with two recommendation reports will be considered, this will give your referees plenty of time to submit their online recommendation reports prior to the application deadline.
How to apply for Singapore International graduate Award/Scholarship (SINGA)?
You can apply online through the link below.
For further information about Singapore International graduate Award/Scholarship (SINGA), please visit SINGA’s website.
See More Opportunities: