Exciting news! The Technische Universiteit Delft is delighted to announce that applications are now being accepted for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
We are deeply committed to empowering students and nurturing their academic and professional aspirations through an innovative and transformative educational experience. It is with profound pleasure that we extend a warm invitation to join us on this wonderful journey.
To enhance your chances of admission, we highly recommend thoroughly reviewing our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements. Furthermore, we strongly encourage you to explore our wide range of programs designed to cater to various interests. To help you make well-informed decisions, we have curated a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like you.
About the Technische Universiteit Delft
The Technische Universiteit Delft (Delft University of Technology) is a prestigious non-profit public higher education institution situated in Delft, South Holland. Established in 1842, it is officially recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science of the Netherlands. TU Delft is a coeducational university with a substantial student body (enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students). It offers a wide range of bachelor’s and master’s degree programs across various fields of study.
With a history spanning 181 years, TU Delft maintains a selective admission policy, considering students’ academic records and grades. The acceptance rate falls within the range of 60-69%, positioning it as a moderately selective institution. International students are encouraged to enrol.
In addition to academic programs, TU Delft provides comprehensive facilities and services for its students. These include a well-equipped library, on-campus housing options, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, opportunities for study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning options, and various administrative services.
Why should I consider Technische Universiteit Delft?
Is renowned for its quality education and research output. The university offers a wide range of programs in engineering, science, architecture, and technology-related fields.
- Cutting-Edge Research and Facilities: Delft University of Technology is at the forefront of technological advancements and scientific research. It has state-of-the-art facilities, laboratories, and research centres, which provide students with opportunities to engage in groundbreaking research projects. Studying at Delft can give you access to the latest developments and advancements in your field.
- Multidisciplinary Approach: The university emphasizes a multidisciplinary approach to education, encouraging collaboration between different disciplines and fostering innovation. This approach prepares students to tackle complex real-world challenges that often require knowledge and expertise from multiple fields. It allows for a well-rounded education that extends beyond specialized knowledge.
- Strong Industry Connections: Delft University of Technology enjoys strong ties with industry partners, both within the Netherlands and internationally. These connections provide students with opportunities for internships, research collaborations, and future employment prospects. The university’s location in the Netherlands, a country known for technological innovation, further enhances these industry connections.
- International Environment: Delft University of Technology attracts a diverse community of students and faculty from around the world. Studying at Delft offers a multicultural and inclusive environment, exposing students to different perspectives and ideas. It provides a valuable opportunity to network and collaborate with individuals from various backgrounds, fostering a global mindset.
- Strong Alumni Network: Delft University of Technology has a large and active alumni network, with graduates holding influential positions in academia, industry, and entrepreneurship. This network can provide valuable support, mentorship, and networking opportunities for current students and significantly enhance future career prospects.
- Quality of Life: Delft is a charming and vibrant student city, known for its rich history, picturesque canals, and traditional Dutch architecture. It offers a high quality of life with a range of cultural activities, recreational options, and a strong sense of community. The Netherlands, as a whole, also provides excellent infrastructure, safety, and a high standard of living.
Ultimately, the decision to study at TU Delft depends on your personal goals, interests, and aspirations. It’s essential to consider how the university aligns with your academic and career objectives and how its offerings resonate with you as an individual.
Technische Universiteit Delft identity
- Name of the university: Technische Universiteit Delft
- Name of the university: Delft University of Technology
- Acronym: TU Delft
- Year of creation: 1842
- Motto: Challenge the Future
- Colours Blue, black and white
Technische Universiteit Delft Campus Location
Address: Stevinweg 1
2628 CN South Holland
Tel +31 (15) 27 89111
Fax +31 (15) 27 81855
Technische Universiteit Delft Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
Technische Universiteit Delft tuition details
UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ Level of Study Local Students International Students Undergraduate 2,500-4,999 US$ (2,280-4,555 Euro) 17,500-19,999 US$ (15,950-18,225 Euro) Postgraduate 2,500-4,999 US$ (2,280-4,555 Euro) Over 20,000 US$ (18,225 Euro)
Technische Universiteit Delft Admission Information
Admission Information and Statistics
Below is an overview of Technische Universiteit Delft’s admission policy and statistics, as published by UniRank.
- Admission by Gender: TU Delft admits both men and women, making it a coeducational institution.
- Admission Selection: TU Delft has a selective admission policy. Admission decisions are based on students past academic records and grades.
- Acceptance Rate: The acceptance rate range at TU Delft is 60-69%, indicating that the institution is moderately selective in its admission process.
- International Admissions: TU Delft welcomes international students to apply for admission.
- Admission Office: TU Delft admission office is located at Jaffalaan 5, Delft 2628 BX. You can contact them at (15) 278 80 12.
Technische Universiteit Delft Enrollment Profile
Size and profile
Below are some significant size and profile indicators for Technische Universiteit Delft as published by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: The Technische Universiteit Delft is an institution with a student enrollment range of 20,000-24,999.
- Academic Staff: This institution has 2,000-2,499 academic employees (Faculty).
- Control Type: TU Delft is a public higher education institution.
- Entity Type: TU Delft is a non-profit higher education institution.
- Academic Calendar: This institution follows a quarter type of academic calendar.
- Campus Setting: The main campus of Technische Universiteit Delft is located in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation: TU Delft has no religious affiliations.
TU Delft Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services
The Technische Universiteit Delft offers a range of facilities and services to its students. Here is an overview.
- Library: The university has a physical library where students can access resources.
- Housing: Students have the option of on-campus residences or dormitories, as well as off-campus accommodation.
- Sports Facilities: The institution provides sporting facilities and organizes sports activities for students to participate in.
- Financial Aid: Eligible students can receive various types of financial aid, such as scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, and emergency financial aid.
- Study Abroad: The university offers study abroad and exchange program opportunities for students who wish to broaden their academic horizons.
- Distance Learning: Some university programs or courses are available remotely, allowing students to study remotely.
- Academic Counseling: Information regarding academic counselling services is unavailable.
- Career Services: Information regarding career services is unavailable.
Technische Universiteit Delft accreditation details
The Technische Universiteit Delft has obtained institutional recognition and accreditation from the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science of the Netherlands. This recognition was granted in 1986.
Technische Universiteit Delft Affiliate and Membership Details
Technische Universiteit Delft memberships and affiliations, as compiled by UniRank, are provided below. Please note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive and up-to-date list, please visit the official website of Technische Universiteit Delft.
- European University Association (EUA).
- Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER).
- IDEA League
- Open Education Consortium (OEC).
Contact or refer to their official website for an accurate and complete list of Technische Universiteit Delft’s memberships and affiliations.
Technische Universiteit Delft academic structure
- Faculty of Aerospace Engineering
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science
- Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Maritime and Materials Engineering
- Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Technische Universiteit Delft Social Media Platform
UniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics for various social media platforms associated with Technische Universiteit Delft. These assessments serve as a valuable starting point for comparisons and assist prospective applicants in making informed choices.
- Facebook: UniRank reviews Technische Universiteit Delft’s official Facebook page, presenting essential information and insights.
- Twitter: UniRank provides a comprehensive review of Technische Universiteit Delft’s official Twitter page, offering an overview of its features and performance.
- YouTube: UniRank evaluates Technische Universiteit Delft’s official YouTube channel, examining its content and engagement metrics.
- Instagram: UniRank assesses Technische Universiteit Delft’s official Instagram page, providing key observations and analysis.
- LinkedIn: UniRank focuses on Technische Universiteit Delft’s primary LinkedIn profile, highlighting its significance and impact.
- TikTok: No evaluation is available for Technische Universiteit Delft’s presence on TikTok at this time.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit Technische Universiteit Delft’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: