Great opportunity ahead! Temple University is thrilled to announce that applications are now open for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates. Our primary objective is to empower students and provide unwavering support to help them achieve their academic and professional aspirations.
We are committed to delivering an innovative and transformative educational experience, and we warmly invite you to embark on this extraordinary journey with us.
To enhance your chances of admission, we strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements.
Additionally, we strongly encourage you to explore our wide range of programs, carefully crafted to cater to diverse interests. To help you make well-informed decisions, we have curated a dedicated blog that offers invaluable insights for prospective students like you.
About Temple University
Established in 1884, Temple University is a renowned non-profit public institution of higher education situated in the urban metropolis of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. With a population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants, the university also boasts a branch campus in Tokyo.
Temple University holds official accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is classified as a large-sized institution with an enrollment range of 35,000-39,999 students. It offers a wide range of courses and programs that lead to recognized higher education degrees, including pre-bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees across various fields of study.
To gain admission, the university follows a selective policy based on entrance examinations, academic records, and grades. The acceptance rate falls within the range of 70-79%, positioning Temple University as a moderately selective educational organization. International students are encouraged to apply for enrollment.
The university provides numerous academic and non-academic resources and services to its students, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative support. With its rich history spanning 139 years, Temple University continues to excel as a prominent institution of higher education in the United States.
Why study at Temple University?
There are several reasons why studying at Temple University can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Academic Excellence: Temple University is a highly regarded institution known for its academic rigour and excellence. It offers a wide range of programs and majors across various disciplines, allowing students to pursue their passions and interests.
- Diverse and Inclusive Community: Temple University takes pride in its diverse and inclusive campus community. It attracts students from all over the world, creating a vibrant and multicultural environment where individuals can learn from each other and gain global perspectives.
- Location: Temple University is located in Philadelphia, one of the United States’ most historic and vibrant cities. Philadelphia offers a rich cultural and social scene with numerous museums, art galleries, music venues, restaurants, and sports arenas. The city also provides ample opportunities for internships, networking, and career growth.
- Strong Professional Connections: Temple University has a vast network of alumni and industry connections that can provide valuable resources and opportunities for students. The university’s location in Philadelphia, a hub for various industries, facilitates internships, co-op programs, and job placements.
- Research Opportunities: Temple University is a research-intensive institution, providing students with opportunities to engage in cutting-edge research projects across various disciplines. Working alongside faculty members, students can contribute to discoveries and advancements in their fields of study.
- Supportive Environment: Temple University is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment for its students. The university offers a wide range of resources, including academic advising, career services, tutoring centres, and counselling services, to ensure students have the support they need to thrive academically and personally.
- Campus Facilities: The university boasts modern facilities, including state-of-the-art classrooms, research labs, libraries, recreational centres, and student housing options. These amenities contribute to a conducive learning environment and enhance the overall student experience.
It’s important to consider your individual preferences and goals when choosing a university. It can be helpful to visit the campus, speak with current students and faculty, and explore the programs and resources Temple University offers to determine if it aligns with your academic and personal aspirations.
Temple University’s identity
- Name of the university: Temple University
- Year of creation: 1884
- Motto: Perseverantia Vincit, Perseverance Conquers
- Colours: Cherry and white
Temple University Campus Location
Address: 1801 North Broad Street
Tel +1 (215) 204 7000
Fax +1 (215) 204 5694
Other locations Tokyo
Temple University Study Areas and Levels
UniRank Study Areas and Degree Levels Matrix™
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
- Arts & Humanities
- Language & Cultural Studies
- Business & Social Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
Temple University tuition details
Annual Tuition Range Chart
uniRank Tuition Range Matrix™
Local Students US$15,000-17,499
(Euro 13,670-15,950) US$17,500-19,999
International Students US$30,000-34,999
(Euro 27,340-31,890) US$20,000-24,999
Temple University Admission Information
- Admission Policy and Statistics at Temple University
- Admission Gender: The University admits both men and women, making it a coeducational institution.
- Admission Selection: The University has a selective admission policy. The selection process is based on entrance examinations, students’ past academic records, and grades.
- Acceptance Rate: The University has a moderately selective admission rate, with an acceptance rate range of 70-79%. This means that the institution accepts a significant portion of its applicants.
Admission Requirements: To apply for admission to the University, the following requirements must be met:
- A secondary school GPA is required.
- Secondary school rank is considered but not required.
- A secondary school record is required.
- Completion of a college-preparatory program is required.
- Recommendations are considered but not required.
- Formal demonstration of competencies is neither required nor recommended.
- Admission test scores are required.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required for international students.
Other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
International Admissions: The University warmly welcomes international students to apply for admission.
Admission Office: If you have any further inquiries regarding admissions, you can contact the Admission Office at the following address:
1st Floor Conwell Hall
1801 North Broad Street
Phone: (215) 2047200
Toll-free: 888 340 2222
Temple University Enrollment Profile
Size and Profile
Here are some key size and profile indicators for Temple University, as published by uniRank:
- Student Enrollment:
Temple University is a very large-sized institution with a student enrollment range of 35,000-39,999.
- Academic Staff:
The institution employs a range of 3,500-3,999 academic employees (faculty members).
- Control Type:
Temple University is a public higher education institution.
- Entity Type:
Temple University is a non-profit higher education institution.
- Academic Calendar:
The institution follows a semester-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting:
Temple University’s main campus is located in an urban setting.
- Religious Affiliation:
Temple University does not have any religious affiliation.
Temple University Carnegie Classification
- uniRank classifies the University as a Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity according to the Carnegie classification.
- In terms of size and setting, TU is a four-year institution that is primarily nonresidential and considered large in scale.
- The enrollment profile of the university is characterized as having a high undergraduate population.
- Temple University is a four-year, full-time institution with a selective admissions process and a higher transfer-in rate, making it a sought-after destination for students.
- The undergraduate instructional program at TU encompasses a wide range of professions, as well as arts and sciences. It also emphasizes a strong coexistence with graduate programs.
Regarding the graduate instructional program, TU offers comprehensive research doctoral programs, including a medical and veterinary school.
TU Facilities and Services
Temple University boasts a physical Library that caters to its students. The library system comprises five branches, housing a diverse collection of resources, both physical and digital/electronic. As of 2021, the library reported an extensive collection, including 1,863,984 physical volumes, 64,377 physical media, 215,753 digital/electronic media, and access to 777 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library is managed by a dedicated team of 148 full-time employees. Temple University’s library operates with an annual expenditure exceeding $100,000. Source: IPDES.
TU provides various housing options for its students, including on-campus residences or dormitories and off-campus accommodations. In the 2021 academic year, the university offered on-campus housing, with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 4,338 students. Source: IPDES.
- Sports Facilities:
TU features well-equipped sporting facilities and organizes sports activities to promote an active and healthy lifestyle among its students.
- Financial Aids:
The university offers a range of financial aid options, such as scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, emergency financial aid, and more, to eligible students.
- Study Abroad:
Temple University facilitates study abroad and exchange programs, providing students with valuable opportunities to broaden their horizons and experience different cultures.
- Distance Learning:
To cater to the needs of diverse learners, Temple University offers distance learning programs or courses. Both undergraduate and graduate-level programs can be pursued fully via distance education. Source: IPDES.
- Academic Counseling:
Temple University provides comprehensive academic counselling services to support and guide students in their educational pursuits.
- Career Services:
The university offers a wide range of career services to assist students in successfully transitioning from academic life to the professional world. These services may include career counselling, career assessments, job and internship postings, career events, and alumni networking opportunities.
- Institutional Hospital:
Temple University operates an institutional hospital, affiliated with its medical school. The hospital serves as a teaching facility for medical students and residents while providing a diverse range of medical services to patients
Temple University accreditation details
Institutional Recognition and Accreditation at Temple University
Temple University has obtained legal recognition and accreditation from various authoritative bodies, including the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Year of Initial Accreditation: 1965
In addition to institutional accreditation, Temple University holds specialized or programmatic accreditations from esteemed organizations. These accreditations signify the university’s commitment to meeting rigorous standards in specific disciplines. The specialized or programmatic accreditations held by Temple University include:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE): Temple University’s nursing programs have received accreditation from CCNE, demonstrating their adherence to high-quality standards in nursing education.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International): Temple University’s business programs have earned accreditation from AACSB International, highlighting their excellence in business education.
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET: Temple University’s engineering programs have been accredited by the EAC of ABET, signifying their adherence to the highest standards in engineering education.
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET: Temple University’s engineering technology programs have received accreditation from the ETAC of ABET, indicating their commitment to delivering quality education in engineering technology.
- American Association for Leisure and Recreation (AALR), Council on Accreditation: Temple University’s leisure and recreation programs have obtained accreditation from the AALR, Council on Accreditation, highlighting their dedication to providing exceptional education in this field.
These specialized accreditations recognize Temple University’s commitment to maintaining educational excellence in various disciplines and ensure that students receive a high-quality education in their chosen fields of study.
Temple University’s academic structure
- Ambler College
- Beasley School of Law
- Boyer College of Music and Dance
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health Professions
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Liberal Arts
- Fox School of Business and Management
- Graduate School
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Medicine
- School of Communication and Theater
- Maurice H. Kongberg School of Dentistry
- School of Podiatric Medicine
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Tyler School of Art
- School of Social Administration
Temple University Affiliation and Membership Lists
uniRank provides the following compilation of Temple University’s noteworthy memberships and affiliations. However, please note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive record, we recommend reaching out to Temple University directly or referring to their official website.
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
Temple University Social Media Platforms
uniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and measurements of various social media platforms associated with Temple University. These assessments serve as a valuable resource for prospective applicants, offering a basis for comparison and aiding in their selection process.
- Facebook: An assessment of Temple University’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter: An evaluation of Temple University’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube :
A review of Temple University’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram :
Temple University’s verified Instagram page.
The primary LinkedIn profile for Temple University.
- TikTok: Not available at present.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit Temple University’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: