Texas A& M University 2023-2024 academic year application is now open. If you’re considering enrollment, we invite you to explore the admission process and discover the multitude of advantages of attending our prestigious institution.
Embark on a path towards boundless opportunities and achieve your full potential by joining our vibrant and forward-thinking university community!
This blog aims to offer valuable insights into our admissions procedure and the array of benefits that await you at Texas A&M University.
About Texas A& M University
Texas A&M University, established in 1876, is a coeducational public state higher-education institution located in College Station, Texas. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. It is one of the largest universities in the US with over 45,000 students.
TAMU offers bachelor, master, and doctorate degrees in various fields of study. Admission to the university is selective, based on entrance exams, past academic records, and grades, with an admission rate range of 60-70%. International students are also eligible to apply.
In addition to academic programs, the university offers a range of facilities and services to its students. These include housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, library resources, study abroad programs, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why choose Texas A& M University
Texas A&M is widely recognized as a top-ranked university in the United States, and its academic programs and research are highly respected worldwide.
Texas A&M’s notable rankings and recognitions include:
U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks Texas A&M among the top public universities in the United States. In the 2022 edition of the rankings, Texas A&M was ranked #23 among public universities and #66 overall.
Texas A&M’s engineering programs are particularly well-regarded. U.S. News & World Report ranked Texas A&M’s undergraduate engineering program #12 in the country in 2022.
Texas A&M’s Mays Business School is also highly ranked. U.S. News & World Report ranked the school’s undergraduate business program #20 in the country in 2022.
Texas A&M is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), a group of 65 leading research universities in the United States and Canada.
The university is also recognized for its commitment to diversity and inclusion. In 2021, Texas A&M was ranked #10 in the nation for Best Colleges for LGBTQ+ Students by BestColleges.com.
Texas A&M’s commitment to academic excellence, research, and student outcomes has earned it a well-deserved reputation as one of the top universities in the world.
Texas A& M University Identity
- Name of the university: Texas A&M University
- Acronym: TAMU
- Year of creation: 1876
- Colours: Maroon and white
Texas A& M University Campus Location
Address 400 Bizzell Street
United StatesTel+1 (979) 845 3211Fax+1
Texas A& M University Areas of Study & Degree Levels
The uniRank Study Areas/Degree Levels Matrix™ categorizes study areas and degree levels into undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The study areas include
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & Culture
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology.
Texas A& M University Tuition Ranges
The UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ provides annual tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Tuition fees vary depending on whether the student is local or international.
- For local undergraduate students, the yearly tuition range is between 10,000 and 12,500 US dollars (or 7,400 to 9,200 euros), while for local postgraduate students, the range is between 7,500 and 10,000 US dollars (or 5,500 to 7,400 euros).
- For international students, tuition fees for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs are over 20,000 US dollars (or 14,700 euros).
Texas A& M University Admission Guidelines
- University Admissions accepts applications from male and female students.
- They welcome international applicants to apply for admission, selecting based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades.
- To be considered for admission, applicants must meet certain requirements, such as a secondary school GPA and rank, as well as a secondary school record.
- While completion of a college-preparatory program is recommended, recommendations are neither required nor recommended, and formal demonstration of competencies is also not required.
- Admission test scores and a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score are both required, but other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither required nor recommended.
- The admission rate is between 60-70%, and the Admission Office can be contacted at PO Box 30014, College Station 77843 or by phone at (979) 845 374
Texas A& M University Enrollment Profile
- Student enrollment: More than 45,000 students
- Academic staff: Between 3,500 and 3,999
- Control type: Public state
- Entity type: Non-profit
- Academic calendar: Semester-based
- Campus setting: urban.
- Land grant institution: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
Texas A& M University Carnegie Classification
- The revised Carnegie Classification categorizes this institution as a “Doctoral Universities: Very High Research Activity” institution.
- In the 2000 classification, it was labelled as a “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive” institution.
- This is a primarily residential four-year university with a large student body.
- Undergraduate enrollment is highly selective, with a focus on full-time, four-year students and fewer transfer students.
- The undergraduate instructional program emphasizes professions, arts and sciences, and has a high level.
- The graduate program provides a balanced education in both the arts and sciences and professions, with a strong emphasis on graduate education.
Read More: Northwestern University Offers Admissions for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
TAMU Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services:
- Library: Texas A&M University-College Station offers a comprehensive library collection that includes physical and digital/electronic items. In 2018, the library reported 3,757,737 physical volumes, 365,241 physical media, and 1,680 licensed digital/electronic databases. The university has a total of 14 library branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available for students at Texas A&M University. The university had a total dormitory capacity of about 13,241 students during the 2018 academic year, both on and off campus.
- Sports Facilities: The university provides sports facilities for students to engage in physical activities.
- Financial Aids: Financial assistance is available to eligible students who need it.
- Study Abroad: The university offers study abroad programs to broaden students’ cultural and academic experiences.
- Distance Learning: Texas A&M University-College Station offers distance learning options for students who cannot attend classes on campus.
- Academic Counseling: The university provides academic counselling services to help students achieve their academic goals.
- Career Services: Career services are available to help students prepare for professional careers after graduation.
- Institutional Hospital: The presence of an institutional hospital has not been reported.
Texas A& M University Accreditation Details
The institution obtained institutional accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges in 2013.
In addition to institutional accreditation, the institution has also obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations, including the
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET.
Texas A& M University Affiliations and Membership Details
Texas A&M University System is a member of or affiliated with various organizations, such as the
- Association of American Universities (AAU)
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Texas A& M University’s Academic Structure
- Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Dwight Look College of Education
- Education and Human Development
- George Bush School of Government and Public Service
- Liberal Arts
- Mays Business School
- Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Science
Texas A&M University’s Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Texas A&M University’s Facebook page for social networking purposes.
- Twitter: Texas A&M University’s Twitter page for microblogging and news updates.
- LinkedIn: Texas A&M University’s LinkedIn profile for academic and business networking.
- YouTube: Texas A&M University’s YouTube or Vimeo channel for videos.
- TikTok: N/A
- Instagram: Texas A&M University’s Instagram or Flickr account for sharing photos.
To get more admission Information, kindly visit the Texas A&M admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The University of Maryland Offers Admissions for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Colorado Boulder Offers Admissions for the 2023-2024 Academic Session