The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is intended for students who live in risky and unsafe environments as a result of war or natural disasters. This program is partially funded by the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship.
Kindly read this article to the end for easy steps on how to apply for this scholarship.
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is intended for students who live in risky and unsafe environments as a result of war or natural disasters. The scholarships will pay for the entire cost of tuition at Uppsala University. It is for a Master’s program that begins on August 28, 2023, and is available during the current admission round.
- Scholarship type: Partially funded
- Degree Level: Master’s
- University: Uppsala University
- Eligible Nationalities: Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Iraq, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, Syria and Yemen.
Fields of Study:
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Management
- Computer Science & IT
- Medicine & Health
- Hospitality, Leisure & Sports
- Arts, Design & Architecture
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Applied Sciences & Professions
- Education & Training
- Journalism & Media
Benefits of the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship:
- The scholarships will pay for the entire cost of tuition at Uppsala University.
- Living expenses are not covered by the scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria for this Gustaf Scholarship:
- You must be a citizen of one of the nations listed above.
- You must demonstrate both your academic ability and the reasons why Uppsala University’s educational environment is both necessary for you and your unique vulnerability.
- A King Carl Gustaf scholarship can only be given for a Master’s program at Uppsala University that is selected as a first priority (the program which you have ranked the highest of the four programs you can choose at University Admissions).
- You have to submit your application for the Master’s program before the deadline for university admissions.
- Official transcripts
- Bachelor’s diploma (or proof of expected graduation, if you are in your final year of Bachelor’s studies)
- Proof of English proficiency
- A statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- Application summary sheet
- Copy or summary of Bachelor’s thesis
- and other program-specific supporting document(s) (according to the program you want to apply for)
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- Motivation letter explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship (max. 350 words)
How to apply for this Scholarship?
For you to be considered for a scholarship, you must first apply to Uppsala University for Master’s degree program by January 16, 2023. Uppsala University’s program should be your primary priority. Following this, the scholarship application period begins.
When applying for scholarships at Uppsala University, there is no application fee. There is, however, an application fee when applying for study programs. During the scholarship application period, you must submit an online application form to be considered for one of the scholarships. access to the application form will be available on the official page.
For more information about The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship, please visit Uppsala University’s website.
See More Opportunities: