The London School of Economics and Political Science is pleased to announce that applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now open.
Our university is renowned for its outstanding reputation and steadfast commitment to delivering innovative and captivating learning opportunities. We extend a warm invitation to you to embark on a fulfilling journey towards your academic and career goals. This is done by enrolling in our esteemed institution.
We urge you to carefully review our admission criteria and explore the numerous advantages of studying at our university. To gain a comprehensive understanding of our admission policies and programs, we strongly suggest visiting our dedicated blog, which is tailored specifically for prospective students.
This invaluable resource will equip you with all the information you require to make an informed decision.
About the London School of Economics and Political Science
The London School of Economics and Political Science, established in 1895, is a public, non-profit institution located in the urban heart of London, a city with a population of over 5,000,000. The institution is officially recognized and chartered by the Privy Council and boasts a coeducational enrollment range of 10,000-14,999 students.
LSE offers a range of degree programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees, across various fields of study. Admission to LSE is highly competitive and based on student’s academic records and grades. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
In addition to academic programs, LSE provides numerous academic and non-academic resources, such as a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad opportunities, and administrative services. With a history spanning 128 years, LSE is a well-established institution of higher education in the UK.
Why should I consider The London School of Economics and Political Science?
LSE is a dynamic and global institution deeply rooted in the real world. It provides students with the opportunity to study social sciences at a university with a worldwide academic reputation. In addition, students can enjoy the cultural, social, and recreational facilities of one of the greatest cities in the world, London.
LSE’s character is closely linked to its location in the heart of central London, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world. It stands at the crossroads of international debate.
The variety of LSE’s staff and students, their active academic and political concerns, and the free flow of ideas between the School and the world outside are the driving forces behind its stimulating, cosmopolitan, and real-world character. The School’s proximity to the government, parliament, business and financial institutions, law courts, and the media provides an excellent opportunity for students and staff to engage in practical work, research, and consultancy.
LSE is a world centre of research and teaching, where research constantly invigorates teaching. The School supports its staff’s research through academic departments and institutes, and a range of interdisciplinary research centres. LSE academics are actively engaged in research and sought out as advisers, consultants, and commentators. LSE’s international reputation and London location make it a first choice for the media in times of crisis.
LSE’s research quality has been consistently recognized in the Research Excellence Framework, which is a UK-wide assessment of research excellence at universities. LSE is a world-leading research university with excellent overall results, and its departments of Economics, Anthropology, Social Policy, Health Policy, and Media and Communications consistently rank well in national research rankings.
The London School of Economics and Political Science’s identity
- Name of the university: The London School of Economics and Political Science
- Acronyms: LSE
- Year of creation: 1895
- Motto: Rerum cognoscere causas, To know the causes of things
The London School of Economics and Political Science Campus Location
Address: Houghton Street
WC2A 2AE London
United KingdomTel+44 (20) 7405 7686Fax+44 (20) 7955 6001
The London School of Economics and Political Science Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The London School of Economics and Political Science tuition details
Academic LevelLocal Students (USD)Local Students (Euro)International Students (USD)International Students (Euro)Undergraduate10,000-12,5007,400-9,20017,500-20,00012,900-14,700Postgraduate17,500-20,00012,900-14,70017,500-20,00012,900-14,700re
The London School of Economics and Political Science Admission Information
University Admissions Information:
- The University welcomes applications from both men and women, as it is a co-educational institution.
- International students are also encouraged to apply for admission.
- Selection for admission is based on applicants’ academic records and grades.
- Unfortunately, the admission rate is not available.
- For further inquiries or assistance with the admission process, the University’s Admission Office is located at Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE. They can be reached at (20) 7955 6613 or (20) 7955 7125.
The London School of Economics and Political Science Enrollment Profile
UniRank has published the following key indicators of size and profile for LSE:
- Student Enrollment: 10,000 to 14,999
- Academic Staff: 1,500 to 1,999
- Control Type: Public
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Semesters
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Religious affiliation: None
LSE Facilities and Services
UniRank presents an outline of the amenities and services available at The London School of Economics and Political Science, as follows:
- Library: Available (Visit The London School of Economics and Political Science’s Library).
- Housing: Available
- Sports Facilities: Available
- Financial Aid: Available
- Study Abroad: Available
- Distance learning: Not disclosed
- Academic Counseling: Not disclosed
- Career Services: Not disclosed
- Institutional hospital: Not disclosed
- The London School of Economics and Political Science accreditation details
- The Privy Council has granted legal recognition or accreditation to the LSE.
LSE Affiliations and Membership Details
LSE has various memberships and affiliations, as listed on UniRank. It should be noted that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a complete and updated roster, consult LSE official website. Affiliates and memberships include:
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
- Russell Group
- Universities in the UK
LSE Social Media Platform
Review of LSE’s official presence on various social media platforms:
- Facebook: The Facebook page of LSE was reviewed.
- Twitter: The Twitter page of LSE was reviewed.
- YouTube: The YouTube channel of LSE was reviewed.
- Instagram: The official Instagram page of LSE was reviewed.
- LinkedIn: The main LinkedIn profile of LSE was reviewed.
- TikTok: LSE does not have an official TikTok presence at this time.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the London School of Economics and Political Science admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: