The University of Alberta is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic session. Our institution is renowned for its dynamic and innovative approach to education.
We invite you to join us on an exciting journey towards fulfilling your personal and professional goals.
We encourage you to explore our admission procedures and discover the many benefits of studying at our prestigious university. To learn more about our admission policies and the advantages of choosing the University of Alberta, we recommend checking out our exceptional blog. This serves as a valuable resource for prospective students.
About the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta, established in 1908, is a public non-profit institution located in Edmonton, a large urban city in Alberta with a population range of 500,000 to 1,000,000 inhabitants. It has a branch campus in Camrose as well.
The Ministry of Advanced Education of Alberta officially recognizes the University of Alberta (UofA), which is a co-educational Canadian higher education institution with a large student population (uniRank enrollment range: 35,000-39,999 students).
UofA offers various degree programs such as bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees across multiple areas of study. For further details, please refer to the UniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below. This Canadian higher education institution, which is 115 years old, has a selective admission policy based on students’ academic records and grades.
International students are welcome to apply for admission as well. UofA also provides several academic and non-academic resources to students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial assistance and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta holds a prominent global reputation as one of the most internationally-oriented institutions, with over 400 research and teaching agreements with partner institutions in almost 50 countries.
We take pride in our exceptional teaching standards and have been awarded the most 3M national teaching awards of any Canadian university. Our leadership in massive open online courses sets us apart in the global academic arena.
Our International Centre for the Development of Partnerships and Projects (ICDPP) is a central office that represents the entire university and works closely with all 18 faculties. The ICDPP team possesses profound knowledge of regional markets and expertise in partnership coordination, global affairs, logistics, and project management.
Attracting over $500 million annually in research funding from diverse sources including industry, provincial and federal governments, the University of Alberta boasts researchers who excel in a vast range of disciplines including health and life sciences, education, energy, business, computer science, agriculture, AI, engineering and more, spanning from discovery to innovation and technology development.
Being located in Alberta’s capital, we enjoy strong ties with the municipal, provincial, and federal governments. In addition, we enjoy a plethora of industry links, thanks to our 100+ research centres and institutes.
We believe in a customized approach to projects, tailoring our framework to meet the unique needs of each client. This ensures that we exceed expectations and achieve outstanding results.
University of Alberta Identity
Name of the university: University of Alberta
Year of creation: 1908
Motto: Quaecumque vera
Whatsoever things are true
Colours: green and gold
University of Alberta Campus Location
Address:116 St. and 85 Ave.
T6G 2R3 Alberta
CanadaTel+1 (780) 492 3111Fax+1 (780) 492 1488Other locationsCamrose
UofA Areas of Study & Degree Levels
UniRank’s Matrix™ of Study Areas and Degree Levels:
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
University of AlbertaTuition Details
Annual tuition range
- UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ displays the following yearly tuition ranges for undergraduate and postgraduate programs:
- For local students: 5,000-7,500 US$ (3,700-5,500 Euro) for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- For international students: 15,000-17,500 US$ (11,000-12,900 Euro) for undergraduate programs and 5,000-7,500 US$ (3,700-5,500 Euro) for postgraduate programs.
University of Alberta Admission Information
- The university accepts applications from both male and female students, making it a coeducational institution.
- International students are also encouraged to apply.
- Admissions are based on students’ academic records and grades from previous schools.
- The admission rate is currently unavailable.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar and Student Awards located in the Administration Building at the University of Alberta, Edmonton T6G 2M7. You can also reach them at (780) 492-3113.
University of Alberta Enrollment Profile
- Student enrollment is 35,000 to 39,999, while academic staff is 3,500 to 3,999.
- The institution operates under public control and is classified as a non-profit entity.
- The academic calendar follows a semester system, and the campus is situated in an urban setting.
- There is no religious affiliation with the institution.
University of Alberta Facilities and Service
- The University of Alberta offers a variety of facilities and services to its students.
- The library is available for use, and students are encouraged to use its resources.
- Housing is also available on campus.
- Additionally, students can use sport facilities, and financial aid is available for those who need it.
- Students also study abroad. However, information regarding distance learning, academic counseling, career services, and an institutional hospital has not been reported.
University of Alberta Accreditation Details
Institutional accreditation by the Ministry of Advanced Education of Alberta since 1908.
Specialized or programmatic accreditations are:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- American Library Association (ALA), Committee on Accreditation.
University of Alberta Affiliations and Membership Details
- UC: The organization known as Universities Canada (UC)
- ACU: The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
- U15: A group of Canadian research universities called the U15 Group
- AUFC: The Association of Universities in the Canadian Francophonie (AUFC).
- UArctic: The University of the Arctic (UArctic).
- CUSID: The Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID).
- AUFSC: The Association of University Forestry Schools of Canada (AUFSC).
- CBIE: The Canadian Bureau of International Education (CBIE).
- CUP: Canadian University Press (CUP).
The University of Alberta’s academic structure
- Faculty of Agricultural Life and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- School of Business
- Faculty of Extension
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Faculty of Law
- School of Library and Information Studies
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation
- School of Public Health
- Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Augustana Faculty
- Saint-Jean Faculty
- St. Joseph’s College
- St. Stephen’s College
University of Alberta Social Media Platform
- Facebook: The University of Alberta’s Facebook page is a social networking platform.
- Twitter: The University of Alberta’s Twitter page provides micro-blogging and news updates.
- LinkedIn: The University of Alberta’s LinkedIn profile is geared towards business and academic networking.
- YouTube: The University of Alberta’s YouTube channel features videos, while Vimeo may also be an option.
- TikTok: The University of Alberta does not currently exist on TikTok.
- Instagram: The University of Alberta’s Instagram or Flickr account features photos.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Alberta’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: