Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now accepted by the University of Calgary. The university is committed to providing outstanding educational opportunities to support your academic and professional goals.
We invite you to embark on this thrilling journey with us.
We suggest you carefully review our admission criteria to ensure that you will succeed. Moreover, we urge you to investigate our vast range of programs tailored to diverse interests. As a prospective student, we have designed a personalized blog containing valuable information to help you make an informed choice.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary, established in 1966, is a public, non-profit higher education institution situated in Calgary, Alberta, a bustling metropolis with a population of 1,000,000-5,000,000. Recognized by the Ministry of Advanced Education of Alberta, UCalgary is a large coeducational university with an enrollment range of 25,000-29,999 students.
It offers officially recognized degree programs in various fields of study, as listed in the UniRank degree levels and areas of study table. Admission is selective and is based on past academic records, grades, and entrance exams. It has an admission rate range of 10-20%, making it a highly selective institution.
International students are encouraged to enrol. UCalgary also provides a wide range of academic and non-academic resources to students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, scholarships and financial aid, study abroad and exchange programs, and administrative services. This Canadian higher-education institution has served students for 57 years.
Why should I consider the University of Calgary?
There are many reasons why you should consider the University of Calgary. Here are a few:
- Strong academic programs: U Calgary offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in fields such as business, engineering, science, social sciences, and humanities. Many of these programs are highly ranked and respected in their respective fields.
- Research opportunities: U Calgary is a research-intensive institution, which means that students have many opportunities to get involved in research projects across a variety of disciplines. This can be a great way to gain valuable experience and build connections in your field.
- Beautiful campus: U Calgary is located on a beautiful campus that spans over 200 hectares. It features state-of-the-art facilities, including a new science complex, and is surrounded by natural beauty, including the Bow River and the Rocky Mountains.
University of Calgary identity
- Name of the university: University of Calgary
- Acronym: U Calgary
- Year of creation: 1966
- Motto Mo Shùile Togam Suas, I will lift up my eyes
- Colours: red, gold and black
University of Calgary campus location
Address: 2500 University Drive NW
T2N 1N4 Alberta
Tel +1 (403) 210 7625
Fax +1 (403) 220 0762
U Calgary Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Calgary Tuition Details
Degree LevelLocal StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate5,000-7,500 USD15,000-17,500 USD (11,000-12,900 EUR)Postgraduate5,000-7,500 USD10,000-12,500 USD (7,400-9,200 EUR)
Note: The EUR values are approximate and may fluctuate due to currency exchange rates.
The University of Calgary Admission Information
- Co-education: Men and Women are eligible to apply
- International Students: Applicants from abroad are encouraged to apply
- Selection Criteria: Admission is based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades
- Admission Rate: The admission rate is between 10-20%
- Admission Office: The admission office is located at MLB 117, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary T2N 1N4. For inquiries, please call (403) 210-7625.
University of Calgary enrollment profile
UniRank has provided the following significant indicators of size and profile for the U Calgary:
- Student Enrollment: Between 25,000 and 29,999
- Academic Staff: Between 4,000 and 4,499
- Control Type: Public
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Semesters
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Religious affiliation: None
University of Calgary Facilities and Services
UniRank summarizes the University of Calgary’s facilities and services as follows:
- The University of Calgary has a library.
- Housing is available.
- The university provides sports facilities.
- Financial aid is offered.
- Students can study abroad.
- Distance learning availability has not been reported.
- Academic counselling availability has not been reported.
- Career services availability has not been reported.
- The university does not have an institutional hospital.
Read More: The University of Houston Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Calgary accreditation details
The Ministry of Advanced Education of Alberta has granted legal recognition or accreditation to the University of Calgary.
The University of Calgary received its first accreditation in 1966.
In addition to its overall accreditation, the University of Calgary has also earned programmatic accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The University of Calgary’s academic structure
- Werklund School of Education
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Haskayne School of Business
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Science
- Schulich School of Engineering
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Cumming School of Medicine
- School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape
University of Illinois at Chicago Affiliation and Membership Details
UniRank has released a list of significant memberships and affiliations associated with the University of Calgary. It’s worthwhile to note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. It’s recommended to visit the university’s website for a complete rundown.
The University of Calgary is a member of Universities Canada (UC), the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), and the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities (U15). It’s also affiliated with the Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID) and the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).
University of Calgary Social Media Platform
UniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and measurements of various social media channels utilized by the University of Calgary. These serve as a reference point for comparison and an extra resource for prospective applicants.
Specifically, the social media channels reviewed are:
- The University of Calgary’s official Facebook page
- The University of Calgary’s official Twitter page
- The University of Calgary’s official YouTube channel
- The University of Calgary’s official Instagram page
- University of Calgary’s main LinkedIn profile
- As for TikTok, no evaluation is available at this time.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Calgary’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The University of Connecticut Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Glasgow Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Oregon Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session