The University of California, Davis offers Admission for the 2023-2024 academic year. Prospective students who satisfy admission requirements are encouraged to apply.
To assist applicants with admission preparations, this blog post provides a comprehensive guide. It showcases the advantages of studying at the University of California, Davis. Furthermore, it provides readers with additional information concerning the institution and the admission application process.
About the University of California, Davis
The University of California, Davis, is a public state higher-education institution founded in 1905. It is situated in the small city of Davis, California, with a population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants. UC Davis has additional branch campuses in Berkeley, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz.
The institution is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and has a coeducational student body of 35,000-39,999 students. UC Davis offers a range of higher education degrees, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in various areas of study.
Admission to UC Davis is selective, based on past academic records and entrance examinations, with an average acceptance rate ranging from 40-50%. International students are welcome to apply. UC Davis provides a variety of academic and non-academic resources, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why choose the University of California, Davis?
In addition to academic and professional opportunities, UC Davis also offers vibrant campus life for graduate students. Our state-of-the-art recreational facility provides a wide range of fitness and wellness activities, including a climbing wall, a swimming pool, and various exercise classes.
The Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts hosts world-class performances throughout the year, while the Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Museum of Art showcases contemporary art from around the world.
There are also numerous student organizations and cultural centres on campus, providing opportunities for graduate students to connect with others who share similar interests and backgrounds.
Our Graduate Student Association (GSA) represents graduate students’ interests on campus and hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including social events, professional development workshops, and advocacy efforts.
UC Davis is a welcoming and supportive community that values diversity, academic excellence, and personal growth. Whether you are interested in pursuing research, developing professional skills, or simply enjoying campus life, UC Davis is the perfect place to make your mark and achieve your goals.
University of California, Davis Identity
- Name of the university: University of California, Davis
- Acronym: UC Davis
- Year of creation: 1905
- Motto: Fiat Lux Let there be light
- Colours: Aggie blue and gold
University of California, Davis Campus Location
Address: One Shields Avenue
Tel+1 (530) 752 1011
Fax+1 (530) 752 2400
Other locations: Berkeley, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz
University of California, Davis Study Areas
Matrix of Study Areas and Degree Levels according to UniRank Degree Levels: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & culture
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
University of California, Davis Tuition Fees Details
Annual tuition fees for universities are categorized into two groups: Undergraduate and Postgraduate, with separate fee structures for local and international students.
- The UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ shows that undergraduate students pay a yearly fee of 12,500-15,000 US dollars (or 9,200-11,000 euros) for both local and international students.
- However, postgraduate students pay over 20,000 US dollars (or 14,700 euros) annually for both local and international students.
Read More: The University of British Columbia offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session.
University of California, Davis Admission Guidelines
- University Admissions are Coeducational (Men and Women)
- International Students: The university welcomes international applicants for admission.
- Selection Criteria: Students are selected for admission based on their past academic records, grades, and entrance examination results.
- Changes in admission requirements:
- A secondary school GPA is required
- Secondary school rank is neither required nor recommended
- Secondary school records are required
- Completion of a college-preparatory program is required
- Recommendations are neither required nor recommended
- Formal demonstration of competencies is neither required nor recommended
- Admission test scores are required
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required
- Other tests (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.) are neither required nor recommended
- Admission Rate: The university admission rate is around 40-50%.
- Admission Office: The university’s admission office is located at 175 Mark Hall, Davis 95616. You can contact them at (530) 752 2971.
University of California, Davis Enrollment Profile
Size and profile:
- Student Enrollment: 35,000-39,999
- Academic Staff: 2,500-2,999
- Control Type: Public State
- Entity Type: Non-profit
- Academic Calendar: Quarters
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Land Grant Institution: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
Read More: Duke University offers admission to the 2023-2024 Academic Session.
University of California, Davis Classification Update
- Carnegie Classification categorizes this institution as a Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.
- In the 2000 classification, it was designated as an Extensive Doctoral/Research University.
- The institution is a nonresidential four-year college with a large student body.
- It enrols a high percentage of undergraduate students who are typically full-time, and it has a selective admission process with a significant number of transfer students.
- The undergraduate program combines the arts and sciences with professional fields.
- There is a strong presence of graduate programs with a balanced offering of the arts and sciences and professional disciplines.
UC Davis Facilities and Services
Facilities and services available at the University of California, Davis include:
- Library: UC Davis library collection contains both physical items (such as books and media) and digital/electronic items. In 2018, the library reported having 2,312,614 physical volumes, 249,998 physical media items, and access to 723 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library has 4 branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is provided for UC Davis students. In the 2018 academic year, dormitories (both on and off campus) accommodated approximately 7,562 students.
- Sports Facilities: The University of California, Davis offers sports facilities for students.
- Financial Aid: Students at the University of California, Davis are eligible for financial aid.
- Study Abroad: The University offers study abroad programs.
- Distance Learning: The University offers distance learning programs.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are available for students.
- Career Services: Career services are available for students.
- Institutional Hospital: The University has an institutional hospital.
UC Davis Accreditation Details
Institutional Accreditation: The WASC Senior College and University Commission granted institutional accreditation to the organization in 1954.
Other Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations: The organization has obtained accreditation from several other organizations, including:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- American Bar Association (ABA), Council of the Section on Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
University of California, Davis Affiliations and Memberships
The University of California System is affiliated with several leading academic and athletic organizations, such as the
- Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU)
- Association of American Universities (AAU)
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
- Moreover, university student-athletes participate in competitions overseen by the National Athletic Association (NAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
The University of California, Davis Academic Structure
- Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing
- UC Davis College of Agricultural and Environmental Science
- UC Davis College of Biological Sciences
- UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- UC Davis College of Letters and Science
- UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- UC Davis School of Letters and Science
- UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- UC Davis School of Education
- UC Davis School of Law
- UC Davis School of Medicine
- UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
University of California, Davis Social Media Platforms
- Facebook: University of California, Davis uses Facebook as a platform for social networking, and their Facebook page serves as an online hub for connecting and engaging with its community.
- Twitter: The University of California, Davis leverages Twitter as a platform for micro-blogging and news updates, and their Twitter page is a go-to source for timely and concise information.
- LinkedIn: The University of California, Davis has a LinkedIn profile for business and academic networking. This serves as a professional forum for connecting with alumni, industry leaders, and potential employers.
- YouTube: The University of California, Davis uses YouTube or Vimeo as a channel for showcasing their videos, and their YouTube channel is an extensive collection of informative and entertaining content.
- TikTok: The University of California, Davis does not currently exist on TikTok.
- Instagram: The University of California, Davis has an Instagram or Flickr account for sharing photos, which provides a visually engaging way to connect with its audience and showcase its campus culture.
To get more information about admission, kindly visit the University of California, Davis admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
Penn State University offers admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey offers admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session.
The University of British Columbia offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session.