Applications are now open for the 2023-2024 academic year at the University of California, Irvine. Join our vibrant and forward-thinking university community to embark on a path towards boundless opportunities and unleash your full potential.
If you’re considering applying, we invite you to explore our admission process. You’ll discover the multitude of benefits of joining our prestigious institution. Through this blog, we aim to offer you valuable insights into our admissions procedures and the diverse range of advantages that await you as a UCI student.
About the University of California, Irvine
The University of California, Irvine is a state-sponsored higher education institution located in Irvine, California. It was established in 1965 and has since expanded to include branch campuses in several other locations throughout California. Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
UCI is a large coeducational institution offering bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees in various areas of study. Admission is selective and based on academic records and entrance examinations, with an acceptance rate of 20-30%. International students are welcome to enrol.
UCI offers a range of academic and non-academic facilities and services, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services.
Why choose the University of California, Irvine
There are many reasons why studying at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) can be an excellent option for students. Here are some potential reasons.
- High-quality education: UCI is a highly respected research university, known for its strong academic programs across a range of fields. Its faculty includes many distinguished scholars and researchers, and students can benefit from access to cutting-edge resources and facilities.
- Location: UCI is located in Orange County, California, known for its beautiful weather, beaches, and diverse cultural attractions. The campus itself is also beautiful and well-maintained.
- Student community: UCI has a diverse student body from a range of backgrounds and cultures. It offers many opportunities for students to get involved in clubs, organizations, and other activities. This can help students build strong connections and make friends while pursuing their academic goals.
- Career opportunities: UCI has strong ties to many industries and employers in the region, which can provide students with valuable opportunities to network and gain practical experience through internships and other programs.
- Research opportunities: UCI is a top-tier research institution, and students have many opportunities to get involved in research projects and work with faculty members on cutting-edge research in a variety of fields.
University of California, Irvine Identity
- Name of university: University of California, Irvine
- Acronym: UCI
- Year of creation: 1965
- Motto: Fiat Lux Let there be light colours like blue and gold
University of California, Irvine Campus Location
Address: 501 Aldrich Hall
Tel+1 (949) 824 5011
Fax+1 (949) 824 2087
Other locations are Berkeley, Davis, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz
UCI Areas of Study & Degree levels
UniRank’s Matrix™ of Study Areas and Degree Levels Bachelor’s Degree Master’s Degree/Doctoral Degree
- Arts and Humanities Business
- Social Sciences Language
- Cultural Studies Medicine
- Health Sciences
- Engineering Science and Technology
University of California, Irvine Tuition Details
- UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™, the yearly tuition range for undergraduate and postgraduate programs for local students is between 12,500-15,000 US dollars (9,200-11,000 Euros).
- For international students, the tuition range is over 20,000 US dollars (14,700 Euros) for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. It is critical to note that these figures are subject to change and may vary depending on the specific institution and program of study.
University of California, Irvine Admission Guidelines
- The University welcomes both male and female applicants and is considered an Asian American, Native American or Pacific Islander-serving institution.
- International applicants are encouraged to apply, and the selection process is based on entrance examinations, academic records, and grades.
- Currently, admission requirements include secondary school GPA, college-preparatory program completion, and admission test scores.
- Although secondary school rank is recommended, recommendations and formal demonstrations of competencies are neither required nor recommended.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is mandatory for non-native English speakers, but other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are neither mandatory nor advisable.
- The University has an admission rate of 20-30%
- The admission office is located at 260 Aldrich Hall, Irvine 92697. The office can be reached at (949) 824-6703.
University of California, Irvine Enrollment Profile
- The institution has a student enrollment of 35,000 to 39,999 and employs 2,000 to 2,499 academic staff members.
- It is a non-profit state institution with quarters as the academic calendar.
- The campus is located in an urban setting and has no religious affiliations.
UCI Carnegie Classification
- The revised Carnegie Classification categorizes this institution as a Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.
- In the 2000 edition, it was classified as an Extensive Doctoral/Research University.
- This is a large four-year institution that offers residential programs.
- Its enrollment profile is primarily composed of high-achieving undergraduate students.
- The undergraduate program is full-time and four years long, with a higher transfer-in rate than average, and it is more selective.
- The institution offers a well-rounded undergraduate education in arts and sciences and professional fields.
- Graduate programs are also available and integrated with undergraduate programs.
University of California Irvine Facilities and Services
- Facilities and Services available at the University of California-Irvine include a comprehensive library with both physical and digital collections, with 1,991,992 physical volumes, 336,229 physical media, 150,824 digital/electronic media and 1,652 licensed digital/electronic databases across its three branches.
- On-campus housing is also available with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 14,134 students.
- The university offers various sports facilities, financial aid options, study abroad programs, distance learning opportunities, academic counselling, career services, and an institutional hospital.
University of California Irvine Accreditation Details
- The institution holds institutional accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission, first obtained in 1961.
In addition, the institution holds various specialized or programmatic accreditations from the following organizations:
- American Chemical Society
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- American Board of Genetic Counseling
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- Board of Registered Nursing
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council for Public Education for Public Health (CEPH).
- National Planning Accreditation Board
University of California Irvine Affiliations and Membership Detail
The UC System is affiliated with multiple groups, such as the
- APRU – Association of Pacific Rim Universities
- AAU – Association of American Universities
- UC System – University of California System
- APLU – Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities
- OEC – Open Education Consortium
- NAA – National Athletic Association
- NCAA – National Collegiate Athletic Association
The University of California Irvine’s Academic Structure
- Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Education
- The Henry Samueli School of Engineering
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Humanities
- Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Science
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Social Ecology
- School of Social Sciences
- Division of Undergraduate Education
- Susan and Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences
- School of Law
- Paul Merage School of Business
The University of California Irvine’s Social Media platforms
- This is the Facebook page for the University of California, Irvine for social networking purposes.
- The Twitter account of the University of California, Irvine for microblogging and news updates.
- LinkedIn: The University of California, Irvine LinkedIn profile for business and academic networking.
- On YouTube or Vimeo, the University of California, Irvine for videos.
- TikTok: Not applicable.
- This is the Instagram or Flickr account of the University of California, Irvine for sharing photos
To get more admission information, Kindly visit the University of California Irvine’s admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: