Great news! The University of Central Florida is thrilled to announce that we are now accepting applications for the upcoming academic session of 2023-2024.
We are wholeheartedly dedicated to empowering students and nurturing their academic and professional dreams through an innovative and transformative educational experience. It brings us immense joy to extend a warm invitation to join us on this exciting journey.
To increase your chances of being admitted, we highly recommend carefully reviewing our comprehensive admission guidelines and requirements. Additionally, we strongly urge you to explore our diverse range of programs tailored to various interests. To help you make well-informed decisions, we have curated a dedicated blog that provides invaluable insights for prospective students like you.
About the University of Central Florida
The University of Central Florida, founded in 1963, is a nonprofit public institution of higher education situated in Orlando, Florida. Located in a suburban setting within the small city of Orlando (with a population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), the university also has branch campuses in Daytona and Cocoa.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, the University of Central Florida (UCF) is the largest coeducational higher education institution in the United States, with an enrollment of over 45,000 students according to UniRank.
UCF offers a wide range of courses and programs leading to recognized higher education degrees, including pre- bachelor’s degrees (such as certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation programs), bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees across various fields of study.
For specific details, refer to the UniRank degree levels and areas of study table below. With a history spanning 59 years, UCF has a selective admission policy that considers entrance examinations, as well as students’ academic records and grades. The institution’s acceptance rate falls within the range of 30-39%, establishing it as a highly selective higher education organization in the United States.
International applicants are welcome to apply for UCF enrollment. In addition to its academic offerings, UCF provides numerous facilities and services for students. These include a library, on-campus housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative support.
Why should I consider the University of Central Florida?
Studying at the University of Central Florida (UCF) offers several benefits and opportunities. Here are some reasons to consider studying at UCF:
- Academic Excellence: UCF is a prestigious research university known for academic excellence. It offers a wide range of programs and majors across various fields, including engineering, the sciences, business, the arts, and the humanities. UCF’s faculty members are accomplished professionals in their respective fields, providing students with high-quality education and mentorship.
- Diverse and Vibrant Campus: UCF is one of the largest universities in the United States, creating a diverse and vibrant campus community. Students from different backgrounds and cultures come together, fostering a rich and inclusive learning environment. This diversity allows exposure to different perspectives, ideas, and experiences, enhancing your overall education.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: UCF boasts state-of-the-art facilities and resources to support student learning and research. The campus includes modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, libraries, performance spaces, sports facilities, and more. These resources contribute to an optimal learning environment and help you excel in your chosen field.
- Research Opportunities: UCF is a research-intensive institution, providing ample opportunities for students to engage in groundbreaking research projects. Whether you’re an undergraduate or a graduate student, you can work alongside esteemed faculty members on research initiatives that align with your interests. Engaging in research enhances critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and can open doors to future career prospects.
- Career Development and Internships: UCF has strong ties with local industries, businesses, and organizations, offering numerous internship and cooperative education opportunities. UCF’s career development services include career counselling, job fairs, networking events, and workshops. This will enhance your employability skills and explore career paths. The university’s location in Orlando, a hub for various industries, provides additional networking and internship possibilities.
University of Central Florida identity
- Name of the university: University of Central Florida
- Acronym: UCF
- Year of creation: 1963
- Motto: Reach for the stars.
- Colours: Black and old gold
University of Central Florida Campus Location
Address: 4000 Central Florida Boulevard
Tel +1 (407) 823 2000
Fax +1 (407) 823 5625
Other locations are Daytona and Cocoa
University of Central Florida Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
University of Central Florida tuition details
Level of Study Undergraduate Postgraduate Local Students 5,000-7,499 US$ (4,555-6,830 Euro) 7,500-9,999 US$ (6,830-9,110 Euro) International Students 20,000-24,999 US$ (18,225-22,780 Euro) 25,000-29,999 US$ (22,780-27,340 Euro)
The University of Central Florida Admission Information
Admission Information and Statistics:
- Gender: The University of Central Florida admits both men and women (CoEd).
- Admission Selection: The University of Central Florida follows a selective admission policy. This policy considers entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades.
- Acceptance Rate: The acceptance rate at the University of Central Florida ranges from 30% to 39%, indicating it is a highly selective institution of higher education.
- Admission Requirements: The following requirements must be met for admission to the University of Central Florida:
- A secondary school GPA is required.
- Secondary school rank is recommended.
- Secondary school records are required.
- College-preparatory programs are recommended.
- Recommendations are recommended.
- Formal demonstration of competencies is neither required nor recommended.
- Admission test scores are required.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is neither required nor recommended.
- Other tests such as Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc. Are neither required nor recommended.
- Source: IPDES
- International Admissions: The University of Central Florida welcomes international students’ applications.
- Admission Office: Box 160111 Orlando 32816-0111 Phone: (407) 8233000
University of Central Florida Enrollment Profile
Size and Profile Below are some significant size and profile indicators for the University of Central Florida, as published by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: The University of Central Florida is a very large-sized institution, with a student enrollment range of over 45,000.
- Academic Staff: The institution employs 1,500-1,999 academic employees (faculty).
- Control Type: The University of Central Florida is a public higher education institution.
- Entity Type: The University of Central Florida is a non-profit higher education institution.
- Academic Calendar: The institution follows a semester-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting: The University of Central Florida’s main campus is suburban.
- Religious Affiliation: UCF is not affiliated with religious organizations.
UCF Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services Offered by the University of Central Florida:
- Library: UCF boasts a physical library with four branches. Its collection includes a wide range of resources, both physical (such as books and media) and digital/electronic items. As of 2021, the library reported an impressive collection of 1,702,376 physical volumes, 27,884 physical media, 24,164 digital/electronic media, and access to 515 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library is managed by a dedicated team of 134 full-time employees, including 52 librarians. Furthermore, the library’s annual expenditure exceeds $100,000. Source: IPDES.
- Housing: The University of Central Florida offers various housing options for its students. It provides on-campus residences or dormitories and off-campus accommodation. In the 2021 academic year, the total dormitory capacity, both on and off campus, was approximately 8,182 students. Source: IPDES.
- Sports Facilities: The university provides state-of-the-art sporting facilities and organizes a wide range of sports activities for its students.
- Financial Aid: UCF offers multiple types of financial aid to eligible students. These may include scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, emergency financial aid, and other forms of support.
- Study Abroad: The university provides valuable study abroad and exchange program opportunities for students, allowing them to broaden their horizons and experience different cultures.
- Distance Learning: To accommodate students’ diverse needs, the university offers distance learning options for certain programs or courses. This includes fully online programs at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Source: IPDES.
- Academic Counseling: The institution offers academic counselling services to provide students with guidance and support in their academic pursuits.
- Career Services: The university’s career services department assists students in successfully transitioning from academic to professional life. Services include career counselling, career assessments, job and internship postings, career events, and alumni networking, among other valuable career-related resources.
University of Central Florida accreditation details
Institutional recognition or accreditation
UCF is recognized and accredited by both the federal and state governments. It is formally acknowledged and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The university received its initial accreditation in 1970.
In addition to its general accreditation, UCF has also obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations. These include accreditation from the
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), indicating excellence in business education, as well as the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) and Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, highlighting the quality of its computing and engineering programs, respectively.
University of Central Florida Affiliate and Membership Details
UCF holds several memberships and affiliations, listed below. However, please note that this list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive and up-to-date list, we recommend contacting or visiting the University of Central Florida’s official website.
- State University System of Florida (SUSF)
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU).
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
To obtain a complete understanding of UCF memberships and affiliations, we suggest visiting their official website or reaching out to them directly.
The University of Central Florida’s academic structure
- Burnett Honors College
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Graduate Studies
- College of Health and Public Affairs
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Optics and Photonics
- College of Sciences
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management
University of Central Florida Social Media Platform
UniRank provides concise evaluations, rankings, and metrics for various social media platforms affiliated with the University of Central Florida. These assessments serve as a useful starting point for comparison and an additional resource for prospective applicants.
- Facebook Review of the University of Central Florida’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter Evaluation of the University of Central Florida’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube Assessment of the University of Central Florida’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram Review of the University of Central Florida’s official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn The main profile of the University of Central Florida on LinkedIn.
- TikTok is currently unavailable.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Central Florida admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: