The University of Connecticut is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. It promises to deliver exceptional academic opportunities to support your professional and educational objectives.
We invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
To ensure your success, we encourage you to review our admission criteria carefully. Additionally, we recommend exploring our extensive array of programs, designed to cater to a wide range of interests. As a prospective student, we have created a personalized blog that contains valuable information to help you make an informed decision.
About the University of Connecticut
The University of Connecticut, founded in 1881, is a non-profit public state higher-education institution situated in Storrs, Connecticut. With branch campuses in Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, and Waterbury, it has a rural setting. UConn is a coeducational
US higher education institution with a large student population (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) officially accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. The university offers various courses and programs leading to pre-bachelor’s degrees (i.e., certificates, diplomas, associate or graduate degrees), bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees across multiple areas of study.
UConn has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations, past academic records, and grades. It has an admission rate range of 40-50%, making it an average selective institution. International students are encouraged to apply for enrollment.
UConn provides various academic and non-academic facilities and services, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services to its students.
Why should I consider the University of Connecticut?
There are several reasons to consider the University of Connecticut (UConn):
- High-quality education: UConn is a top-ranked public research university that offers over 110 undergraduate majors, 87 graduate programs, and numerous professional certificate programs. UConn is known for its strong academic programs, with nationally recognized faculty who are leaders in their fields.
- Research opportunities: UConn is a research-intensive institution that provides students with ample opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research projects. With over $400 million in annual research expenditures, UConn is one of the top public research universities in the nation.
- State-of-the-art facilities: UConn has world-class facilities, including high-tech research labs, state-of-the-art athletic facilities, and modern student housing. The university continually invests in its facilities to ensure students have access to the most comprehensive resources.
- Strong alumni network: UConn has a large and active alumni network, with over 250,000 members worldwide. UConn graduates are highly respected in their fields and well-prepared for successful careers.
- Vibrant campus life: UConn has a lively campus life, with over 700 student clubs and organizations, Division I sports teams and a wide range of cultural and social events. The university also offers a variety of community service opportunities, allowing students to make a positive impact on the world around them.
UConn offers a well-rounded college experience that combines academic excellence with real-world experience, state-of-the-art facilities, and a vibrant campus community.
University of Connecticut identity
- Name of the university: University of Connecticut
- Acronym: UConn
- Year of creation: 1881
- Colours: Blue and white
University of Connecticut campus location
Address: 352 Mansfield Road
United StatesTel+1 (860) 486 2000Fax+1
Other locations are Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford and Waterbury
University of Connecticut Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
The University of Calgary Tuition Details
Degree level domestic Students (per year)International Students (per year)Undergraduate15,000-17,500 USD<br>(11,000-12,900 EUR)over 20,000 USD<br>(14,700 EUR)Postgraduate17,500-20,000 USD<br>(12,900-14,700 EUR)over 20,000 USD<br>(14,700 EUR)
Note: The table presents approximate annual tuition fees for local and international students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The values may vary depending on the specific institution and program of study.
The University of Connecticut Admission Information
- Gender: Coeducational (Men and Women)
- International Students: The university welcomes international applicants to apply for admission.
- Selection Criteria: Admission is based on entrance examinations, past academic records and grades.
- Admission requirements:
- A secondary school GPA is required.
- Secondary school rank is recommended.
- Secondary school records are required.
- College-preparatory programs are required.
- Recommendations are recommended.
- Formal demonstration of competencies is neither required nor recommended.
- Admission test scores are required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required.
- Other tests such as Wonderlic or WISC-III are neither required nor recommended. Admission Rate: 40-50% Admission Office: The university’s admission office is located at 2131 Hillside Road, Unit 3088, Storrs, 06269-3088, and can be reached at (860) 486 3137.
University of Connecticut enrollment profile
Below are some key size and profile metrics for the University of Connecticut, as reported by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: The University of Connecticut has an enrollment of between 25,000 and 29,999 students.
- Academic Staff: The university employs between 2,500 and 2,999 academic staff members.
- Control Type: The University of Connecticut is a public state institution.
- Entity Type: It is a non-profit organization.
- Academic Calendar: The university follows a semester-based academic calendar.
- Campus Setting: The University of Connecticut is situated in rural Connecticut.
- Land Grant Institution: It is a land grant institution.
- Religious Affiliation: The University of Connecticut has no religious affiliations.
The University of Connecticut’s Carnegie Classification
Below is the official Carnegie classification for UCONN provided by UniRank:
- Basic Classification: Doctoral Universities with Very High Research Activity.
- 2000 Classification: Doctoral/Research Universities with extensive programs.
- Size & Setting: Large four-year institution with a highly residential campus.
- Profile of students: The majority of students are undergraduates.
- Undergraduate Profile: Four-year, full-time program with selective admissions and a low transfer-in rate.
- Undergraduate Instructional Program: Balanced curriculum offering both arts & sciences and professional courses, with a significant presence of graduate programs.
- Graduate Instructional Program: Balanced curriculum offering both arts & sciences and professional courses, with a significant presence of undergraduate programs.
UCONN Facilities and Services
UniRank has provided an overview of the University of Connecticut facilities and services, which are listed below:
- Library: The University of Connecticut offers a library that houses both physical and digital/electronic items. The library has a reported collection of 1,667,824 physical volumes, 171,732 physical media, 105,667 digital/ e-media mediums, and 833 licensed digital/electronic databases. There are 7 library branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available at the University of Connecticut, with a total dormitory capacity of about 12,286 students during the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: The University of Connecticut provides sports facilities.
- Financial Aids: University of Connecticut offers financial aid.
- Study Abroad: The University of Connecticut offers study abroad programs.
- Distance Learning: University of Connecticut offers distance learning options.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are available.
- Career Services: The University of Connecticut provides career services.
- Institutional Hospital: The University of Connecticut has an institutional hospital.
Please Check: Emory University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Connecticut accreditation details
The University of Connecticut has received institutional recognition or accreditation from the New England Commission on Higher Education. This was first granted in 1931. Additionally, the university has obtained specialized or programmatic accreditations from numerous organizations, including the;
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- American Bar Association, American Chemical Society
- American Dental Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, and many others.
These accreditations indicate that the university has met or exceeded the standards set forth by these organizations for specific academic programs or fields of study. The University of Connecticut is also recognized by the Connecticut Department of Higher Education and the Connecticut State Board of Education.
The University of Connecticut’s academic structure
- College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Neag School of Education
- Ratcliffe Hicks School of Agriculture
- School of Business
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Engineering
- School of Fine Arts
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Social Work
- The Graduate School
The University of Connecticut Affiliation and Membership Details
UniRank has released a list of UCONN’s noteworthy memberships and affiliations, but it may not be comprehensive or current. For a complete list, please visit or contact the UCONN’s website. Affiliates mentioned include.
- Universitas 21 (U21)
- National Athletic Association (NAA), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
University of Connecticut Social Media Platform
- Facebook: Review of UCONN Facebook page -> University of Connecticut’s official Facebook page.
- Twitter: Review of the University of Connecticut’s Twitter page -> University of Connecticut’s official Twitter page.
- YouTube: Review of the University of Connecticut’s YouTube channel -> University of Connecticut’s official YouTube channel.
- Instagram: The University of Connecticut’s official Instagram page.
- LinkedIn: The University of Connecticut LinkedIn profile.
- TikTok: Not applicable.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Connecticut admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
The University of Houston Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of California, Santa Cruz Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
University of Glasgow Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session