The University of Delaware is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional educational experience that supports your academic and professional goals
We would like to extend a warm invitation to join us on this exciting journey.
To optimize your application success, we suggest reviewing our admission criteria. Additionally, we encourage you to explore our diverse array of programs that cater to a broad range of interests. As a prospective student, we have curated a personalized blog that offers valuable insights to help make an informed decision.
About the University of Delaware
The University of Delaware, established in 1743, is a public, non-profit institution of higher education situated in Newark, Delaware. It is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and has a large student body of 20,000-24,999 coeducational learners.
The university offers a diverse range of academic programs, including pre- bachelor’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees across various fields of study. Admission to the university is selective and is based on entrance exams, academic records, and grades.
The admission rate typically ranges from 60-70%, making it a selective institution. International students are encouraged to enrol. UD also provides students with various academic and non-academic facilities and services, such as housing, sports facilities, financial aid, scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, library resources, and administrative services.
Why should I consider the University of Delaware?
The University of Delaware prides itself on research and academic excellence, offering 11 graduate programs ranked among the top 50 in the nation. As a Land, Sea, and Space Grant institution with a rich history spanning over 275 years, UD attracts ambitious graduate students and scholars who tackle the most pressing societal issues of our time.
The institution believes that exceptional graduate and professional education is critical to preparing the next generation of leaders, entrepreneurs, and explorers. UD is committed to creating a diverse community of scholars enriched by people from different backgrounds.
For students interested in becoming an elementary, special education, or middle school teacher, UD offers a range of benefits. From nationally accredited programs and high-quality coursework to early field experiences and study abroad opportunities, students are well-prepared to make a positive impact in their future classrooms.
UD provides numerous resources and organizations to support students’ success, as well as a strong reputation for employers. The institution has been widely acclaimed for its value and is highly rated in college guides. Students love the program and feel a sense of community in the Elementary Teacher Education major.
University of Delaware identity
- Name of the university: University of Delaware
- Acronyms: UD
- Year of creation: 1743
- Motto Scientia Sol Mentis Est, Knowledge is the light of the mind
- Colours: Blue and gold
University of Delaware campus location
Address: 104 Hullihen Hall
Tel +1 (302) 831 2000
University of Delaware Areas and Degree Levels
- Arts and the Humanities
- Business and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine and Health
- Science and Technology
University of Delaware Tuition Details
Academic LevelDomestic StudentsInternational StudentsUndergraduate12,500-15,000 US$ (9,200-11,000 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)Postgraduateover 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)over 20,000 US$ (14,700 Euro)
Note: The table above provides a breakdown of tuition fees for domestic and international students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
University of Delaware Admission Information
University Admissions Information:
- Gender: Coed (open to both men and women).
- International Students: Welcome to apply for admission
- Selection Criteria: Based on entrance examinations, past academic records and grades
- Admission requirements:
- Secondary school GPA is mandatory
- Secondary school rank is recommended
- Secondary school records are mandatory
- Completion of a college-preparatory program is mandatory
- Recommendations are mandatory
- Formal competency demonstration is mandatory
- Admission test scores are mandatory
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is mandatory
- Other tests (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.) are neither mandatory nor recommended
- Admission rate: 60-70%
- Admission Office: Located at 210 South College Avenue, Newark 19716. The contact number is (302) 831-8123.
University of Delaware Enrollment Profile
The University of Delaware’s size and profile can be summarized based on several key indicators, as reported by UniRank:
- Student Enrollment: The University of Delaware has an enrollment of between 20,000 and 24,999 students.
- Academic Staff: The university employs between 1,500 and 1,999 academic staff members.
- It is a public institution. The University of Delaware is a public institution.
- Entity Type: The university is a non-profit organization.
- Academic Calendar: The University of Delaware academic calendar follows a 4-1-4 format.
- Campus Setting: The university is located suburban.
- Land Grant Institution: The University of Delaware is a land grant institution.
- Religious Affiliation: The university has no religious affiliations.
University of Delaware Carnegie Classification
- UniRank classifies the University of Delaware as a “Doctoral University: Very High Research Activity”.
- In the 2000 classification, it was categorized as “Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive”.
- The university is a major residential institution that offers four-year programs.
- Its undergraduate profile is characterized by high selectivity and a low transfer-in rate, with most students enrolled full-time in four-year programs.
- The university’s instructional program covers professions, arts, and sciences, with a high level of graduate coexistence.
- In contrast, the graduate instructional program includes the arts, sciences, and professions, but lacks graduate coexistence.
UD Facilities and Services
The University of Delaware offers a range of facilities and services, summarized by UniRank. These include:
- Library: The University of Delaware’s library has both physical and digital/electronic collections, with 2,891,602 physical volumes, 67,245 physical media, 1,114,033 digital/electronic items, and 438 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library is spread across three branches.
- Housing: On-campus housing is available at the University of Delaware, with a dormitory capacity of approximately 7,302 students in the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: UD has sports facilities available for use.
- Financial Aid: UD provides financial aid options for eligible students.
- Study Abroad: UD offers study abroad opportunities.
- Distance Learning: The University of Delaware provides distance learning options for students.
- Academic Counseling: Students can seek academic counselling.
- Career Services: Career services are offered to students to help them find employment after graduation.
- Institutional Hospital: No information was reported regarding an institutional hospital at the University of Delaware.
University of Delaware accreditation details
The University of Delaware has obtained institutional recognition through accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education since 1921. In addition to this, the University has earned several specialized or programmatic accreditations from various organizations, including the;
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Psychological Association
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA)
- Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE)
- National Accreditation Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs
- Administration (NASPAA)
- Psychological Clinical Science Accreditation System (PCSAS).
The University of Delaware’s academic structure
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Health Sciences
- Graduate college
- Honors College
- Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy and Administration
Check Please: Imperial College London Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Delaware Affiliate and Membership Details
UD is associated with various memberships and affiliations, some of which are highlighted on UniRank. Please note that the list may not be exhaustive or current. For a comprehensive list, visit the University of Delaware’s website. Affiliates and memberships include:
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
University of Delaware Social Media Platform
UniRank provides concise evaluations, ratings, and measurements of several University of Delaware social media channels. These assessments serve as a basis for comparison and resource for prospective applicants.
The evaluated social media channels include the official Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages, as well as the Instagram page and main LinkedIn profile of the University of Delaware. However, there is currently no review available for the university’s TikTok account.
To get more information about the admission process, kindly visit the University of Delaware admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities:
Australian National University Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The Universität Wien (University of Vienna) Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session
The University of Calgary Offers Admission for the 2023-2024 Academic Session