The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is now accepting applications for 2023-2024. We strongly encourage eligible candidates to apply for admission.
To assist prospective applicants with their preparations, we have published a comprehensive blog post that outlines the advantages of studying at our university. The post also contains detailed information about the institution and the application process.
About the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the small city of Champaign, Illinois. It was founded in 1867 and is officially accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The institution is very large, with an enrollment range of over 45,000 students, and it is coeducational.
UIUC offers various courses and programs leading to recognized higher education degrees in different areas of study. The university has a selective admission policy based on students past academic records and grades, and the admission rate range is 60-70% International applicants are also eligible for enrollment.
UIUC has several academic and non-academic facilities and services available to students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses, distance learning opportunities, and administrative services. Campuses of the university are also located in Chicago and Springfield.
Why choose the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
UIUC (the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) has become an established and respected university, known for its academic excellence, research contributions, and diverse range of programs. The university has a strong alumni network, including more than 500,000 graduates, who have made significant contributions to various fields and industries.
UIUC has a distinguished faculty, including several Nobel laureates, and is consistently ranked among the top public universities in the United States. The university has a comprehensive academic program that offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees in various fields. These include engineering, business, law, agriculture, and the arts and sciences.
University reputation and academic rigour attract students from around the world. UIUC graduates are well-prepared to succeed in their careers and make a positive impact on their communities. Overall, UIUC is an excellent choice for those seeking a high-quality education and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
At the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, students are part of a welcoming community that extends beyond academics. With a campus resembling an entire town, professors, students, and even squirrels coexist to create a sense of togetherness. More than 33,000 undergraduates call UIUC their home away from home, and the campus is full of people willing to help each other out.
UIUC boasts a superb food scene. As the #1 Midwest food town according to Midwest Living, it has a variety of local options and chain restaurants to cater to different tastes. Dining locations in residence halls and the Activities and Recreation Center’s instructional kitchen provide a plethora of options, including self-serve stations.
UIUC provides students with a massive support system. With the same-day appointment system at the Counseling Center, Career Center, Office of Minority Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Disability Resources, Legal Services, and dozens of cultural and resource centres, students can access assistance for academic, financial, emotional, spiritual, and physical issues.
With over 1,000 student organizations, UIUC has a place for everyone. Students can join RSOs and explore their interests, from playing board games or fighting robots to participating in sports like football, basketball, soccer, and many more.
UIUC is a diverse community, welcoming students from 50 states and more than 100 countries. It has the most students of colour among the ranked top-100 Midwest universities, making it a place that embraces diversity in both learning and living.
UIUC has a strong sense of spirit and pride, with Illini Pride as the official student support group for Illini athletics and over 100 social and professional alumni groups across the world. With more than 50,000 students attending UIUC each year and over 500,000 alumni, the UIUC community is strong and dedicated to their school.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Identity
- Name of the university: the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Acronyms: UIUC
- Year of creation: 1867
- Motto: Learning and Labor
- Colours: Orange and navy blue
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Campus Location
Address: 601 E John Street
Tel+1 (217) 333 1000
Fax+1 (217) 333 9758
Other locations: Chicago, Springfield
UIUC Study Areas
The UniRank Study Areas/Degree Levels Matrix™ categorizes study areas into undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The study areas are
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & Culture
- Medicine & Health Engineering
- Science & Technology.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Tuition Fee Details
The UniRank Tuition Range Matrix™ shows the annual tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate programs at different levels for both local and international students:
- Local undergraduate students: tuition fees range from 15,000 to 17,500 US dollars (or 11,000 to 12,900 euros).
- Local postgraduate students: tuition fees range from 17,500 to 20,000 US dollars (or 12,900 to 14,700 euros).
- International undergraduate and postgraduate students: tuition fees are over 20,000 US dollars (or 14,700 euros) for both levels.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Admissions Guidelines
University Admissions Information:
- The university is co-educational and accepts applications from both men and women. International students are encouraged to apply for admission. Selection for admission is based on the student’s past academic records and grades.
- The university does not require a secondary school GPA, but a secondary school record and completion of a college-preparatory program are necessary.
- While recommendations and formal competency demonstrations are not required, secondary school rank is considered.
- Admission test scores and other tests such as Wonderlic and WISC-III are not required, but the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is considered.
- The university admission rate is between 60-70%.
- The admission office is located at 901 West Illinois, Urbana 61801-3028, and can be contacted at (217) 333 0302.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Enrollment Profile
Size and profile:
- Student enrollment is over 45,000.
- Academic staff range from 3,000 to 3,499.
- The control type is Public State.
- The entity type is Non-profit.
- The academic calendar follows a semester system.
- The campus is located in an urban setting.
- It is a land grant institution.
- There is no religious affiliation.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Carnegie Classification
- The revised Carnegie Classification categorizes the institution as a “Doctoral University with Very High Research Activity.”
- In the 2000 classification, the institution was classified as an “Extensive Doctoral/Research University.”
- The institution is a large, four-year, highly residential university with a majority undergraduate student population.
- The undergraduate program is four years long, and the institution is more selective with fewer transfer students.
- The instructional program for both undergraduate and graduate students is a balanced mix of arts and sciences and professional studies with a high level of graduate coexistence.
University of Illinois Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services available at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign:
- Library: The University of Illinois offers a comprehensive library collection that includes both physical and digital/ electronically available items. As of 2018, the library has 5,731,123 physical volumes, 358,564 digital/electronic media, 388,782 digital/electronic media, and 1,026 licensed digital/electronic databases. The library system comprises 14 branches.
- Housing: The University of Illinois provides on-campus housing, with a total dormitory capacity of approximately 16,636 students in the 2018 academic year.
- Sports Facilities: The University of Illinois offers various sports facilities.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid programs are available to eligible students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Study Abroad: The University of Illinois provides study-abroad opportunities.
- Distance Learning: Distance learning programs are available at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Academic Counseling: Academic counselling services are available to students to support their academic success.
- Career Services: The University of Illinois provides career services to students to help them make informed career choices and achieve career goals.
- Institutional Hospital: There is no information available about an institutional hospital at the University of Illinois.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Accreditation Details
Institutional Accreditation: The Higher Learning Commission oversees institutional accreditation.
Other Specialized or Programmatic Accreditations: Several organizations offer specialized or programmatic accreditations, including:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
- Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET
- Council on Accreditation of the American Association for Leisure and Recreation (AALR).
- American Bar Association (ABA)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Memberships and Affiliations Details
The followings are the memberships and affiliations of the University of Illinois System (UIS):
- Association of American Universities (AAU).
- Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
- Association of Universities for Astronomy Research (AURA)
- National Athletic Association (NAA).
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Academic Structure
- College of Agriculture, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
- College of Applied Health Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Graduation college
- School of labour
- Institute of Aviation
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Social Media Platforms
A Facebook page at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides a platform for social networking.
The Twitter account of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign offers micro-blogging and news updates.
The LinkedIn profile for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign facilitates business and academic networking.
TikTok: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign does not have an official TikTok account.
On Instagram or Flickr, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign shares photos.
To get more information about admission, kindly visit the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign admission official website to get the latest updates.
Other Admission Opportunities: